[EXTENSION] APK Downloader - Download APK files on Android Market directly

Search This thread

redphx

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 3, 2010
codekiem.com
d68Pf.png
APK Downloader is a Google Chrome extension that allows you to download Android APK files right on Android Market

See it in action:

Because the instruction is quite long ( and difficult ), so I recommend that you should read it on its homepage: http://codekiem.com/2012/02/24/apk-downloader/

Please tell if it works :)

( To MOD: I don't know where to post this topic, so I put it here. Hope it's ok. Thanks )

Last edited:

louisebb

Jan 1, 2008
Firstly, I would like to thank you as it would help for those who are in countries that cannot download application.

Just a question, I'm a bit lost in following the instruction on where or how to open APK Downloader Options page?
uDyte.png

Thanks in advance.

redphx

Aug 3, 2010
codekiem.com
Firstly, I would like to thank you as it would help for those who are in countries that cannot download application.

Just a question, I'm a bit lost in following the instruction on where or how to open APK Downloader Options page?
uDyte.png

Thanks in advance.

To open options page, select Tools ~> Extensions. Find APK Downloader, and you'll see Options at the end of the description

xriderx66

Oct 10, 2010
Frisco, TX
Can someone explain where on the "instructions" website the link for this extension is???
It's not on the Chrome Store.

edit: read the blog post and it was removed, can you please give it to me? I need it because I changed my phone's density and it says app incompatible, so downloading and side loading would be my best source and this seemed like the BEST idea.
Why the hell do people have to ruin good ideas with their piracy crap? :(

redphx

Aug 3, 2010
codekiem.com
The extension is disabled so even if you install it, it wont work. I pm'ed the dev but i doubt he'll reply.

Another app made by an asian that rushed to release without thorough testing. Go figure. Someone lock this thread.

- Sent from my TouchPad

Please keep in mind that the problem comes from ( some ) users, not the extension itself. The extension works as it should. But some people use it to do bad things, and I really don't want that.

AceRoom

Jan 2, 2012
Toronto
But isn't it possible to make backups of paid apps from your phone itself? (I haven't bought any apps either)

So in that sense, your extension wouldn't be increasing piracy at all. And those who wish to pirate would anyway.

This app otherwise would be insanely useful!

Last edited:

Jack_Random

Apr 3, 2011
Dongguan, China
But isn't it possible to make backups of paid apps from your phone itself? (I haven't bought any apps either)

So in that sense, your extension wouldn't be increasing piracy at all. And those who wish to pirate would anyway.

This app otherwise would be insanely useful!

This extension makes piracy more easy...

Doesnt mean everyone will pirate though. In my case, some apps cant be downloaded using market app ( sucks living in asia when it comes to that) thats where this comes in handy

Sent from my GT-I9003

Top Liked Posts