[Q] HTC One M8 No Backlight after screen replacement !

Search This thread

Amoniks

Nov 20, 2013
Hi there,

Here is my story :

First of all, i bought a HTC One M8, one day was very rainy and my HTC M8 was in my pocket, i was very wet and the humidity goes on my M8.

Ok after that arriving home, i saw my screen black, no more backlight, then the backlight screen flashed i was thinking it come back but no never came back.

I sent my HTC (under warranty) to HTC.

They said it's not under warranty cause it's water damage...
I was very angry about that, cause my phone was just in my pocket.. They propose me to pay 600 USD to repair the phone, i said no i don't want to pay the cost of the phone just to repair it.

They send it back to me, i ordered a replacement screen on a very known website for 100 USD with all the tools, i changed it, charged the phone and, started the phone, and backlight is always black, i can see the picture through sun but the backlight don't work !!

Can someone explain me where is the Backlight on this phone ?? Is it a mainboard problem ?? It can't be the screen...

Amoniks

Nov 20, 2013
What can cause no backlight on a M8 screen ? i already replaced the screen but seems to be the same.... what do you guys think ?

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
What can cause no backlight on a M8 screen ? i already replaced the screen but seems to be the same.... what do you guys think ?

anything could be wrong with a water damaged phone it could be motherboard it could be the socket the screen plugs into.
you could have messed up installing the replacement ?

any way it goes your most likely going to need another phone

Amoniks

Nov 20, 2013
anything could be wrong with a water damaged phone it could be motherboard it could be the socket the screen plugs into.
you could have messed up installing the replacement ?

any way it goes your most likely going to need another phone

i think it's the socket... but i can't find a M8 motherboard, and i dont want to pay a motherboard for a bad socket :(

No replacement is OK.