extended battery hard case from seidio

Search This thread

Chemdawg

Dec 3, 2007
Too bad it would cost me 100 bucks for the package. 70 for the extended battery, and another 35 for the case. Not sure I could justify dropping that for my cell phone.

sanjsrik

huh?

Has anyone tried any of the batteries from Seidio. They are offering an extended battery of 3200 MAH. I don't want to try one of these if there is a chance of frying my 6800.

Link to Seidio 3200MAH battery

So, let me see if I understand your question, in a forum post about the extended hard case for the seidio battery, you wonder if anyone has tried any of the batteries?

Why would any of us be discussing the hard case for the SEIDIO extended battery if we didn't already have the battery to get the hard case for????

Do you imagine we're all going to buy the hard case for the extended battery and use it with the stock battery?

mr.ellsworth

Mar 25, 2008
Minnesota
So, let me see if I understand your question, in a forum post about the extended hard case for the seidio battery, you wonder if anyone has tried any of the batteries?

Why would any of us be discussing the hard case for the SEIDIO extended battery if we didn't already have the battery to get the hard case for????

Do you imagine we're all going to buy the hard case for the extended battery and use it with the stock battery?

Well let’s see!

Maybe because it is nothing more than a hard case.

or

Because there is no requirement stating that one must have the SEIDIO extended battery to use the SEIDIO hard case.

or

Maybe I just thought that because it was apparent that some of the viewers in this thread may have some knowledge about extended batteries and since I have heard about aftermarket batteries/accessories that have caused problems in the past thereby voiding the warranty and the fact that to replace this phone would be pricey it might just be a good idea to ask those with experience in the extended battery arena about the integrity of the product before I purchase.

I don't want a $579.00 (retail replacement) iron on my hands!

mr.ellsworth

sanjsrik

Dude, it's a HARDCASE ONLY FOR THE EXTENDED BATTERY. Why would anyone buy the hardcase for the extended battery IF they didn't have the extended battery in the first place?

If you wanted to use the "slim" hardcase then that would make sense, but this is ONLY for users who have the EXTENDED battery to buy this hard case.

tbobaggins

Sep 6, 2007
Just nearly a week and a half ago I placed my first order to get a slim rubber case and clip..and the day I saw that the extended case was in I ordered the battery and case..got it today and so far nothing but good results. I've had it on for what seems to be like 7 hours and it shows 80% still remaining...BUT during a good 4 or 5 of those hours i had bluetooth on, wifi on and logged onto windows live messanger..it didn't budge. Its not that much bigger with this battery and with somedays not knowing if i'll be working 8 hours or 14 this helps out alot! It does add a bit of weight to it but i'm willing to give that extra weight and thickness for all that my phone is capable of doing.

GhettoBSD

Oct 9, 2007
not worth it, haha

Well, check it out. I'm the kind of person to take care of my junk. I went to my god fathers heart surgery, and that morning in the parking lot i dropped my phone (1st time) cause you know, it's damn slippery. I was juggling other crap in my hands as well. The phone dropped, back cover popped off no problem.

It wasn't until later i noticed that the left msg record button was jammed, i set that button as 'alt+tab.' crap. I tried fixing it, it proved impossible with my methods.

I used my insurance and got a new phone for $50. That was late 2007. Just this past wednesday, about 4-5 months after with this new phone, i dropped it at work from a very low height. What are the odds that the same freaking button broke? Fook it, right? I can learn to live with it. But i still want the case. Even if you got this phone for $200, a $40 investment to protect it is worth it. I am a power user running 10 emails through flexmail at all times, amongst other things such as my exchange work email. So i will not only get this case but the extra capacity battery.

If you don't think $40 is worth covering $200, then you probably have problems. If this had been available when i bought the phone, i would have gladly paid $40 over $50 and the hassel i went through setting up the new phone.

thanks for the great find gand!

tbobaggins

Sep 6, 2007
So after having this setup for nearly a week I am quite pleased. From having last plugged it in on Friday for about a 45 minutes it lasted till sunday afternoon at about 4:30 where it showed 30%. Given i was barely talking on the phone and sent only a dozen or two texts...the standby time still amazed me. I google mapped a few things as well..I definately reccomend this.

GhettoBSD

Oct 9, 2007
Ok so I ordered:

3200MAH SUPER EXTENDED BATTERY FOR PPC 6800 ($64.95 USD)
RUBBERIZED CASE/HOLSTER COMBO FOR EXTENDED XV 6800 / PPC 6800 ($49.95 USD)

It came out to a total of $127.15 (USD)

The battery comes with a cover as shown in the picture, but unlike the picture it says seidio on the back of it, very cool!

The 'rubberized case' with holder is pretty cool. It's not as 'grippy' as i thought it would be, but definitly an improvement over the original finish. I am more confident with it in my hand.

I've begun charging the battery that supposedly has 60% charge according to WM.

I also use my phone quite a bit so i'll be reporting in on whether this battery was worth it or not.

Worth noting is that unlike many others, i had no problems at all installing the battery case cover, nor the rubber covers. Just be patient and look at what you're doing and you should be ok.

So far 100% satisfied, will update in a few weeks.

JokeZony0u

Mar 14, 2008
not wanting the extreme bulk of the 3200 battery, i went ahead and got a 1650 battery instead...BIG MISTAKE, don't get it, I don't notice any battery level change, I went about with my usual business hopefully ending the day with at least 30-40% (I generally start using the phone at 9-10 till maybe 8-9) at night but instead, as usual it dropped to 0 and dies on me. With a case and the battery i forked up 108 bucks- so pay the extra 20 bucks and get the 3200 instead, i regret not doing so!

1999TL

Jul 28, 2007
Washington D.C.
Ok so I ordered:

3200MAH SUPER EXTENDED BATTERY FOR PPC 6800 ($64.95 USD)
RUBBERIZED CASE/HOLSTER COMBO FOR EXTENDED XV 6800 / PPC 6800 ($49.95 USD)

It came out to a total of $127.15 (USD)

The battery comes with a cover as shown in the picture, but unlike the picture it says seidio on the back of it, very cool!

The 'rubberized case' with holder is pretty cool. It's not as 'grippy' as i thought it would be, but definitly an improvement over the original finish. I am more confident with it in my hand.

I've begun charging the battery that supposedly has 60% charge according to WM.

I also use my phone quite a bit so i'll be reporting in on whether this battery was worth it or not.

Worth noting is that unlike many others, i had no problems at all installing the battery case cover, nor the rubber covers. Just be patient and look at what you're doing and you should be ok.

So far 100% satisfied, will update in a few weeks.
Any update on the battery? Do ppl comment on how big it is often?

Paul in Maryland

Jul 3, 2008
Any update on the battery? Do ppl comment on how big it is often?

I use the Mugen 3600mAh battery and Seido hard case; in three months of use, no one has ever commented on the thickness of my phone. It fits (fills) the hand better for a more secure grip. But yes, the Seido "rubberized" case isn't all that grippy, so I recommend plastering it with e-grips appliques.

Jul 12, 2010
Seidio extended battery case hardware hack for macro lens and sunshield.

The pictures will show what a sweet hack this is. I'd wanted both a sun shield and a macro lens, and when I got this new battery and the case that came with it I saw the possibilities right away.

First I eyeballed the length and width of the slider that I would need (about 9/16" by 7/16" )
Then I carved a channel the thickness of my slider in the large lower lip.
The opposing channel was constructed from three layers of the same black plastic sheet I used for the slider.
Cleaned out any excess glue from the track, checking it with the slider by hand.
Then I temporarily spot glued the three layer channel to the case with the slider in place to see if I needed to make any adjustments to the width of the slider.
After making adjustments I glued the three layer channel to the case with the slider in place.
Now I was ready to make the hole for my macro lens (You want to make it centered with respect to the camera) I just eyeballed it. Made a small hole with a drill, then with a round needle file made it as concentric with the hole in the case for the camera as I could by hand.
Having stripped numerous machines and devices over the years I had a little selection of small lenses.
I chose a small magnifier of a size a little bit larger than the hole I'd filed in the slider and glued it in place.
When that dried I put the case back on the phone and I moved the slider to the macro position and made sure it was centered correctly. Then a sliver of the same black plastic sheet was carefully glued in the channel as a block to stop the slider at that position.

That was pretty much it. I used 5 minute clear epoxy which allowed me to clean out glue that was in bad places while it was still tacky.

http://filer.case.edu/sxg7/public/po...20shooting.jpg

http://filer.case.edu/sxg7/public/Su...20Position.jpg

http://filer.case.edu/sxg7/public/Macro Position.jpg

http://filer.case.edu/sxg7/public/Without macro.jpg

http://filer.case.edu/sxg7/public/With Macro.jpg