How do you remove all the junk pre-loaded apps from Bell Samsung Galaxy?

Search This thread

vylent

Aug 27, 2010
I know this has been probably asked and answered many times but I'm new to xda community, if anybody can point me to a thread where it explains how to remove these useless apps like (bell pvr)

gold_sprinter

Dec 14, 2007
I use titanium backup. It is free in the Market. But be careful what apps you remove, I was told that certain apps require others to work.I just removed bell PVR and all the "social network" stuff.

When Titanium opens (Must be rooted) select backup/restore button at the top. Then scroll down to the apps you want to remove. Tap the icon then a list will appear, select uninstall.

And you are good

Enjoy your Galaxy!!

stormrain

Aug 25, 2009
Athens
I am aware about the Titanium backup and want to remove some useless (for me) apps, but as the above poster mentioned I am not sure which ones are safe to be removed and more importantly, what do we do in case we remove an app that shouldn't have been removed... So if anyone has successfully uninstalled some of the stock apps could mention which ones?

gold_sprinter

Dec 14, 2007
Your best bet would be to backup the files you want to remove. You can do this in Titanium. Then after you remove the files you want to remove. After you reboot see if it works. If not then simply go back into titanium and restore the backup.

AllGamer

Retired Forum Moderator
May 24, 2008
SGH-T989
AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note I717
I know this has been probably asked and answered many times but I'm new to xda community, if anybody can point me to a thread where it explains how to remove these useless apps like (bell pvr)

you need to be rooted, and use Titan Backup (free)

everything in RED is preloaded

some are safe to remove, some are not

so make a backup before you remove anything

hkfan

Aug 12, 2010
Toronto
Guys, Where can I find this junk you deleted ...i need bell pvr app.

Anyone got a full backup of bell samsung vibrant ?

AllGamer

Retired Forum Moderator
May 24, 2008
SGH-T989
AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note I717
not me sorry, that is one of the very first thing i deleted, since i don't use Bell TV

actually i quit TV since like 7 years ago

as soon as i found out i can watch all my favorite TV shows anytime i wanted online/offline

i still have a TV somewhere, i just get the Free Over The Air, like the good old fashioned way, with the Rabbit Antennae

Daneshm90

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 1, 2009
If u guys dont want to do it manually, might i suggest "systemapp remover" in market. It allows deletion of the apk followed by uninstalltion of the appropriate package name.

hkfan

Aug 12, 2010
Toronto
Is there a nandroid backup or something we can extract the apk from.

Comeon guys, help me out here

thanks

hkfan

Aug 12, 2010
Toronto
Guys, I have t mobile vibrant. Else I would already have that apk.

If anyone can provide me a backup file then I can extract.

Legion6789

Aug 28, 2010
I've read all over these forums about how you can use titanium backup to uninstall the bell apps that come with the phone. But whenever I launch Titanium all I see are the following:

Accounts
Application Widgets
Bluetooth Pairings
Country, Language, Time Zone
Wi-Fi Access Points

I've checked the filters and they're not on.

Is it broken?