May 7, 2006
Paris
One more creation !

To contact me by mail :
mail.jpg

main page here :
**Mod Edit - Deleted while we are in discussions with the developer**

-------------

I'd like to concentrate here all informations about my widget.

Don't ask for 'swipe', scrolling or gestures, it's not available in current Android SDK !!!

--- Pure messenger widget ---

Show Gmail / SMS / Facebook / Twitter / POP3 / IMAP in one widget

Features in :
- show Gmail
- show SMS
- show Email from POP3
- show Email from IMAP
- show Facebook
- show Twitter (experimental)

--------------------------------------------

TODO, revisions logs and bugs :

http://koxx3.wordpress.com/pure-widgets-descriptions/pure-messenger/

--------------------------------------------

Screenshots :
msg5.png
msg6.png
msg7.png
msg12.png
msg18.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Branwen

May 11, 2009
London
I'm looking forward to this :)

Also, I think a whole screen version, a bit like the new lava labs home could be really nice-
A base for all messaging.
I would try to keep the skin colours to a minimum, and use coulours as UI elements to differentiate sms, mail etc etc

Last edited:

nephron

May 25, 2009
A whole screen widget would be amazing! Hero style would be awsome, becuase it just looks fantastic... :D

NguyenHuu

Nov 14, 2007
California
sorry i do not have the apk/widget, it is just an example i was using. go search beautiful widgets for more info on the sms hero style widget currently on market.

-----------

maybe something like the htc msg widget? i think its 4x4 tho for htc one. here is an example of widget provided by beautiful widget, i think they got it into 4x2. it's the same hero style, but their's only does SMS.

2devicesms.jpg

This is the real official hero one:

2712-4a6dc4c68fdf0.jpg

Last edited:

koxx

May 7, 2006
Paris
I like the sound of this. Do you think it will be possible for your widget to track multiple GMail accounts?

lol ... no idea at this time.

I have started 2 hours ago :)

maybe something like the htc msg widget? i think its 4x4 tho for htc one. here is an example of widget provided by beautiful widget, i think they got it into 4x2. it's the same hero style, but their's only does SMS.

Yes, it's a good starting point. Thanks.

koxx

May 7, 2006
Paris
A first screenshot of what a manage to read :

don't worry, it will have a better design ... lol

msg1.png

I need to include a HTML parser. Gmail store messages in HTML format.

caleoss

May 23, 2009
whats is the lava labs u mentioned? and also, i have always wanted to see some kind of full screen browser widget. i know it might sound stupid but i would just like to be able to swipe to new screen and be able to pick up where i left off, just an idea...

also what version of beautiful widgets is that that has hero style sms widget?

jordanjay29

Aug 18, 2008
To be honest, I'm getting bored with the icons for refresh and settings. They're rather bland, and it's becoming an annoyance to see them repeated in every widget.

In one widget they're unique. In two they're distinct. In more than that, they become a style, and I feel doesn't really fit this type of widget.

I think this design would give a better style to fit the widget:
2devicesms.jpg

koxx

May 7, 2006
Paris
To be honest, I'm getting bored with the icons for refresh and settings. They're rather bland, and it's becoming an annoyance to see them repeated in every widget.

In one widget they're unique. In two they're distinct. In more than that, they become a style, and I feel doesn't really fit this type of widget.

I think this design would give a better style to fit the widget:
2devicesms.jpg

I do not agree to copy everything.
This is ok for a first shot, but not for a final design.

Buttons are here because a NEED them.

If you have a better design, propose ! But, I repeat, I won't copy evrything from existing widgets.

koxx

May 7, 2006
Paris
Last screenshot with copied design :
msg3.png

I won't keep this design.

I really hope somebody will be able to propose a fresh design for this new widget. I you know a designer or if you are designer, please submit something.

bizz3d

May 12, 2009
Enough for me today.

My bed is waiting for me.

Koxx, this is providing a service to G1 users have been asking for ever since we were given the gift of Hero. unfortunately little kings in the ROM drove us back to CM or Xrom. But you my friend have given us G1 users something to cheer about once again. I love your pure calendar and now this, WOW i cant wait as im a HUGE widget junky and thank you for your devoted work. By the way love that fact that you will NOT be copying Hero and staying unique. I will definitely keep on eye on this.

NguyenHuu

Nov 14, 2007
California
i wouldnt use this widget, i dont like having all my messages displayed there right on the home screen, but i like the idea of it though haha. i just wouldnt use it. here is a design i just made that incorporates all the elements found in the previous designs. simliar but still different!

msgwidget2.jpg

Last edited:

sasha101

Jul 28, 2009
Last screenshot with copied design :
msg3.png

I won't keep this design.

I really hope somebody will be able to propose a fresh design for this new widget. I you know a designer or if you are designer, please submit something.

Is there anyway you can make the widget 3x4 or 4x4 ? 2x4 is getting told and kind of too small.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    version 1.1.4 published on the market !

1.1.4 : information page update + experimental Twitter support + notification system + may fix EPW permission problem + fix list scrolling white color + add twitter status update
    new default skin ... do you like/prefer it ?

msg36.png