[Q] UMS Mode on Z2

Search This thread

Siran

Aug 21, 2010
Does anyone know, if the Z2 will feature an UMS Mode out-of-the-box like the Z1 did? One of the things that really bothered me with my Galaxy S3 and the main reason I rooted was the missing UMS Mode so that I could connect it to my car-stereo.

Does anyone know who maybe already had their hands on the Z2 if it will feature an UMS mode so that I don't have to root it?

Thanks!

Siran

Aug 21, 2010
if Z1 has it then im quite sure z2 should have it

if you realy need email sony , they should be able to answer to your suspicions or questions

thx for the reply! I'm too hoping that the Z2 will have the UMS Mode as well since the Z1 had it. I have time since I won't get a new phone at launch, so I can wait until the first ones the bought it can tell if it really has a UMS Mode.

Bllooi

Dec 27, 2012
York
I don't think it will tho .-. Android loves MTP and they are encouraging OEMs to all switch to MTP.

Happy Flashing :D Sent from a proud owner of the HTC One.

Siran

Aug 21, 2010
I don't think it will tho .-. Android loves MTP and they are encouraging OEMs to all switch to MTP.

Happy Flashing :D Sent from a proud owner of the HTC One.

I know, that's why I had to flash my S3. But since the Xperia Z1 - to my knowledge - still has the UMS option my hope is, the Z2 will have it, too.

If all else fails I'd indeed have to flash my phone. It's a real shame, my car-stereo supports MTP, but not the MTP mobile-phones use, only the MTP-mode of the small fraction of USB-players that use MTP...

Last edited: