Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 30, 2010
/dev/null

andy572

Sep 4, 2010
Germany, Munich (Deutschland, München)
wtf ...

it doesnt matter if i flash the 10e or 20g baseband, my CM7 rom with new ril files from
LG ginger rom has no gsm - flashed my CAF rom, the same. flashed the LG rom - success:( - what do i need to get the baseband work????

Reactions: Ahish.s

bl4ck0p5

Nov 11, 2010
tried flashing the baseband on my p500h (rooted, currently using V10a), but when phone goes to emergency mode after backing up nv2 it just gets disconnected from my pc and doesn't do anything afterwards no matter how long i wait or what i try. have to take out battery and restart the phone, everything works as before as if i had never done anything to it. any help? really wanna try gingerlol since here in brazil we won't be getting the update any soon :/ thx guys!

lekhwani

tried flashing the baseband on my p500h (rooted, currently using V10a), but when phone goes to emergency mode after backing up nv2 it just gets disconnected from my pc and doesn't do anything afterwards no matter how long i wait or what i try. have to take out battery and restart the phone, everything works as before as if i had never done anything to it. any help? really wanna try gingerlol since here in brazil we won't be getting the update any soon :/ thx guys!

Manual on English:
1. Download Android 2.3 [LG-P500.RU].zip, LGMDP THUNDER P500.rar and uncompress it in any folder.
2. Install msxml.msi
3. Install LG United Mobile Driver
4. Reboot Computer
5. Disable 'LGE Virtual Modem' in PC's Device Manager. (In your Windows operating system, go to Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager > Modems > Right click on LGE Virtual Modem and click Disable.)
6. Power off your device. Press and keep pressed "Volume up"+"Return"+"Power" and connect USB cable to phone
7. Yellow screen with text emergency mode should appeared
8. Run LGMDP THUNDER v1.5 (Operator).exe from the extracted folder (Has administrator).
9. Press "Select Port"
10. Choose your device and press "Connect"
11. In the 'Image Folder' space, browse you uncompressed Android 2.3 [LG-P500.RU].zip
12. Chose Additional Options as Erase EFS Apps.
13. Press the 'Start' button.

The firmware flashing process is now underway.
If all goes well, in 5-10 minutes the phone will be flashed with the new firmware.

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

This is one of the original guides for flashing full firmware.

I think you missed out on any of these things:

1. Disabling modem
2. Msmxl installation
3. LG mobile united drivers.

Bytecode

Dec 30, 2010
/dev/null
Hyperventilating right now: My nv2 doesn't restore. Lgmdp keeps checking the phone. What do i need to do????? ???

edit: solved.

Last edited:

bl4ck0p5

Nov 11, 2010

1. Disabling modem
2. Msmxl installation

Alright man, gonna try again following those instructions. Will get back :D

Edit: once it goes into emergency mode (yellow screen) the computer won't recognize my phone when I plug it in. I installed the universal drivers, that was the only thing i hadn't done yet. Duno what else to try...
Edit2: tried all over again on Win7, worked like a charm. Got sweet GB running on my p500 :D

Last edited:

ElevateMusic

Apr 23, 2011
Cobourg, ON
soundcloud.com
strange issue coming out of this, I have me IMEI, I have everything, it works fine, thanks for the guide.

My issue lol my phone number doesn't show up any more? My phone doesn't know who I am lol, in my messages it doesn't display the standard android picture, just a grey box in my place. No contact info for me?

bl4ck0p5

Nov 11, 2010
I had same behavior on my stock out-of-the-factory Froyo. Didn't even know there was supposed to be an Android avatar or something lol

RockR172

Jun 12, 2011
i am flashin the v20g baseband and like i am stuck on 'Trying to Communicate with the phone' dialog.. its showin Checking..(476 secs)..
is it normal?? please reply...

RockR172

Jun 12, 2011
COME ON friends... please reply..!!
gone to 1190 secs... do i need to click cancel..?? the first post says you dont have to do anything or the phone will be BRICKED..!!
EDIT: I cancelled the process.. no probs wid it.. :)

Last edited:

Marius Cristian

May 10, 2011
help

Ok i need some help.Here is how my screen looks: http://i55.tinypic.com/1zqpm5f.jpg .I dunno what to do,my phone is in emergency mode and the program still working,but i don't see the progress bar charging,just timer.It has already reached 26 minutes and it's not doing anything.I did as in tutorial(i think cuz since something is wrong i might have done something wrong too).First of all it has appeared SYSTEM BURNING and now is written TIMEOUT...what should i do?I am afraid to disconnect the USB and the program don't want to close until the process is done....

I think i broke my phone...so the program said download end:and it was written some unknown error 93... don't remember well .I closed the program and i removed the usb and now my phone it's stuck at lg screen.i tried hard reset (vol down+home+power) but same..stuck at lg screen.I dunno what to do..please help me.

Last edited:

lekhwani

Manual on English:
1. Download Android 2.3 [LG-P500.RU].zip, LGMDP THUNDER P500.rar and uncompress it in any folder.
2. Install msxml.msi
3. Install LG United Mobile Driver
4. Reboot Computer
5. Disable 'LGE Virtual Modem' in PC's Device Manager. (In your Windows operating system, go to Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager > Modems > Right click on LGE Virtual Modem and click Disable.)
6. Power off your device. Press and keep pressed "Volume up"+"Return"+"Power" and connect USB cable to phone
7. Yellow screen with text emergency mode should appeared
8. Run LGMDP THUNDER v1.5 (Operator).exe from the extracted folder (Has administrator).
9. Press "Select Port"
10. Choose your device and press "Connect"
11. In the 'Image Folder' space, browse you uncompressed Android 2.3 [LG-P500.RU].zip
12. Chose Additional Options as Erase EFS Apps.
13. Press the 'Start' button.

The firmware flashing process is now underway.
If all goes well, in 5-10 minutes the phone will be flashed with the new firmware.

1. Disabling modem
2. Msmxl installation

Try again this or the flash the whole official gb as guided above or in other gingerbread threads

skydroidjb

Apr 15, 2011
I tried 5 times, my pc busted and crash 2 times, but i figured out, i miss the msxml.msi update.
Next task install a V20 Rom!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    P-509 Old Baseband (v10S)

I've noticed that no one on these forums has ever posted the old baseband for us Optimus-T users who applied the new baseband but want to revert to the old baseband given that the old baseband fix is available (http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=35924286&postcount=2). I finally got around to doing extracting the old baseband files myself (with DZDecrypt) from the v10S KDZ and packaged them with the tool from this thread. This means that a full restore with the stock Froyo ROM is no longer necessary to get the old baseband. Just run the tool in my .zip as you would the tool in the original post to return to the old baseband and flash the old baseband fix to get compatibility with new baseband ROMS.

Will an admin or the OP please place my attachment in the original post so that us Optimus-T users no longer have to go the longer and more dangerous route of a full restore to get the old baseband? Attached is a screenshot of my phone with the old baseband running the Oxygen Gingerbread ROM.

Thanks!
    Reviving a dead P500!

Hi,
    I'd like to share my experience for those having problems with nv2.
    3 days ago, my Optimus One couldn't boot at all. The only working part was the Emergency Mode. KDZ couldn't fix this as it didn't recognize the chipset.
    I used LGDMP and upgraded to V20 Romania, but there was no signal. I figured out that the NV2 was gone! But the good point was that luckily I had backed up my NV2 a few months ago. But I couldn't restore it at all. LGDMP said: "NV2 file doesn't exist". Actually this file should be in a folder named as "_COM_6_". Notice that 6 is the COM port I used in my own PC. Yours might be different. Then create another folder having the same name as your IMEI and put _COM_6_ in it. For example: LGDMP/3540430**********/_COM_20_/NV_P500_20110808-212402.nv2
    But the point is that the NV2 can't be restored while the phone is connected to your PC in Emergency Mode. So all you have to do is to install a ROM, whatever it is (I used CM7), and enable USB Debugging, and then connect it to your PC. Now Open LGDMP and Select Port, and finally NV2 Restore.

I was happy I could bring my dead mobile phone back to life.

I hope this can help you.
    Hossein from Iran!
    Which file should i flash if i want to switch to cm7? If i have to flash p500 v20g baseband to get back to cm7, the name seems to be a misnomer.

if I would like to perform only one new baseband upgrade.

is it follow the step to do for 20g baseband - it will done? don't even need to re-flash ROM or my custom rom will gone, and need install back the custom recovery, root access and flash new ROM ?

1) let say now i only want to upgrade to new baseband and maintain current gsnap v2.3 SE. how can i do that step by step?
    assuming now i had done with my nand backup ?

2nd question ) if i'm doing the [HOWTO] Flashing baseband (radio) via LGMDP.exe by doktornotor.
    after perform the step. do my custom recovery still there?

do i need to re-flash the the entire ROM?

i'm scare to brick my phone, some one can advice me?

thanks

1. follow the first post
    2. yes, recovery will still be there
    YOU CANNOT BRICK YOUR PHONE BY CHANGING BASEBAND
    Does anybody upgraded to 20H baseband which is the latest?if yes then what is the difference between 20G & 20H basebands???

yeah not much difference better 3g and gps lock other then this i didn't find any difference btw a nice battery backup in v20h

Press thanx if i helped you.. :D
    Sent from LG-P500 using xda premium