[UTILITY] Kindle Fire Unbrick Utility V1.1!

Search This thread

TurningtheKey

Apr 30, 2021
Somehow the Amazon Appstore deleted itself from my Kindle Fire 1st Generation. I used the Wayback Machine to get an old APK from "amazon.com/getappstore" and successfully installed it on my Kindle. The Kindle recognized it and even allowed me to sign in to my Amazon account. The only problem was that the Appstore kept showing a message that said something like "Appstore temporarily unavailable. We'll be back soon." I thought restarting the Kindle might solve the problem, and now it's stuck on the Kindle Fire logo.

This tool sounds like it could help me, but I want to ask something before I try to use it. If I select "Stuck at Logo" will that process erase my data? It sounds like it will just help my Kindle fully boot and start like normal without deleting anything, but I want to make sure. My whole reason for trying to get the Appstore back was so that my writing app could work again and I could backup my writing.

merith-tk

Aug 27, 2020
I was hoping this tool would be able to fix an D01E kindle bootloop, but alas no luck as all reports I can find, list an requirement for an OEM "fastboot" cable, which I cannot find ANY information on outside of "you need one",

SyCoREAPER

Retired Forum Moderator
I was hoping this tool would be able to fix an D01E kindle bootloop, but alas no luck as all reports I can find, list an requirement for an OEM "fastboot" cable, which I cannot find ANY information on outside of "you need one",
I know nothing about the process or tool outside of this that I just found.

https://xdaforums.com/t/index-motor...ware-unbrick-your-moto.3042687/#post-59141378

(yes it says Motorola but through all the links in this thread it led to that. QA Linked here points to this link which points to this - - > and finally This which points to above)

Reactions: sd_shadow

merith-tk

Aug 27, 2020
I found out one of the house mates had a fastboot cable, but npw the problem is that I litterally am unable to download the firmware needed (firefirefire, twrp, latest FireUtility, ya know. pretty much everything actually important) as it all seems to have been hosted on peoples personal sites and hosting services, meaning its all taken down to the point where not even wayback can help me

merith-tk

Aug 27, 2020
I know nothing about the process or tool outside of this that I just found.

https://xdaforums.com/t/index-motor...ware-unbrick-your-moto.3042687/#post-59141378

(yes it says Motorola but through all the links in this thread it led to that. QA Linked here points to this link which points to this - - > and finally This which points to above)
I dont even know where to get the files... or guides on how to do this by hand.

XDA's layout isnt helpful as I have an hard time finding anything on this website, and this website appears to be the ONLY SOURCE of information on this matter,

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor / XDA Welcome Team
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire

XDA's layout isnt helpful as I have an hard time finding anything on this website, and this website appears to be the ONLY SOURCE of information on this matter,
I haven't looked into this for a while, but there are working links here, I think.
and
https://devdb.xda-developers.com/4/9/2/7/

Reactions: kkjb

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Kindle Fire Unbrick Utility is the all-in-one Kindle Fire unbricker. All it does is execute what would be done in the command prompt, but it does it for you.
    Screenshots-

DZxsF.png

BkQVO.png

Changelog -

1.1 - Added "Flash Amazon Update" button

1.0 - New UI design, some bugfixes

Also, I now have a donate button, if you're feeling generous :)

Like it? Download it HERE

If you like this, don't forget to thank me!

DISCLAIMER:By downloading this file you agree that I (ZombiePiratez) am not liable in any way, shape or form for any damage done to your device(s). This tool is made, for use with the Kindle Fire only. it is not recommended for use with any other devices. Use it at your own risk. Please know that this is un-tested, so if it works for you, please notify me what you chose and what was wrong with your device.

Thanks to Vashypooh for allowing me to use some of his code as a model for mine
    Your download link is bad,

and this looks very, very similar to what I made...
    To all people having driver problems:

1. Install the Android SDK
    2. Restart your computer
    3. Open Device Manager
    4.Find your kindle, and click "Uninstall Drivers"
    5. Find it again, and then install drivers as "ADB Composite"
    6. Use Kindle Fire Unbrick Utility to fix it
    7. ???
    8. Profit!
    This looks great. Personally, I wouldn't need this, but I know that there are a lot of people out there who don't have much experience with a command line.

I haven't looked into this for a while, but there are working links here, I think.
    and
    https://devdb.xda-developers.com/4/9/2/7/