[ROM] [D2SPR] Unofficial AOKP Jellybean 4.2.2 | Updated: [11/03]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

shinesthru

Apr 21, 2011
St. Paul, MN
Also, I've got a bit of free time for once. I'm gonna push an update for this and maintain it more actively. My bad. I've been absolutely swamped at work for the last few weeks, just enough time left over to have a bite to eat and then crash for a few hours before I was back at it. Man that was nuts. :p Looks like all's well now though, so yeah. I'll be around. <3 Thanks for continuing to use my ROM even though I've been sorely inactive.

Dude, you don't have to be sorry that you've been busy! We are just grateful for the work you have given us. Anything else is just a bonus! It does feel good to scratch that flashing itch, though. ;)

shekinahsmoke

Dude, you don't have to be sorry that you've been busy! We are just grateful for the work you have given us. Anything else is just a bonus! It does feel good to scratch that flashing itch, though. ;)

Exactly. There's enough ROM to keep us busy anyway and this one is pretty good the way it is...

sent from the galaxy via tapping and talking

Kumetto

Nov 25, 2010
Buffalo
Thanks $ and we understand about having little time, I am an accountant just finishing tax season. This has been my daily for a good while now.

May I submit two suggestions

1. I'm not sure if the code to adjust the lux threshold for the auto brightness is readily available or not. I like the auto function but it seems to always be 1 or 2 levels to low. I think Carbon has this function cant remember I've been on this one for weeks now plus being a flash whore isn't always great lol..

2. The battery bar is awesome small & out of the way. The two options standard left to right or mirrored coming toward the center - is it possible to combine the best of both & show the % used as one space & keep it symmetrical call it a 'reverse mirrored'?

Would anyone else like these if possible? I'm no Dev & can rarely contribute to this community but thought i'd try to join the convo. I very much appreciate the time, effort & dedication it takes to create & maintain a ROM.

Thanks again $

jswearingen

Sep 24, 2012
So what are the known bugs on this ROM? I see from the OP that secured tethering doesn't work, but are there any other big killers? What kernels work well with this ROM? Does LTE work? What is the average battery life?

Sorry for all the questions, thanks in advance! :D

Reactions: BULLGOD

evoandroidevo

Oct 26, 2010
Texas
Google Pixel 2 XL
Google Pixel 5
So what are the known bugs on this ROM? I see from the OP that secured tethering doesn't work, but are there any other big killers? What kernels work well with this ROM? Does LTE work? What is the average battery life?

Really the only bug of this Rom you can only use Linux 3.0 kernels with this Rom tho as it hasn't been updated to Linux 3.4 kernels. The battery life is better than most but mostly depends on how you use your phone. LTE at times will not connect not the Rom its self it is the binary that's used I think as every asop Rom is like that for me

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: jswearingen

mar.ioo

May 16, 2012
San Juan

1st question: I found a small bug but it can be worked around, in the sms quick reply I cant seem to reply in landscape mode. Not a big deal really since i have my rotation locked but for those who like landscape there it is..

2nd question: No other big killers.

3rd question: For me ktoonsez 3/14. Im not that much of a kernel freak, so didnt bother updating the KT kernel. 3/14 seems to work really well on my end.

4th question: Yes, LTE works!

5th question: That one is up to you bud. Tweaking the kernel could get a lot of hours, but do as I do, even though I have KT tweaked and I normally get good times with normal usage, have a spare charger in the car. There are some days I use my phone till it shuts down not even worrying about battery really. But the ROM on its own its a beast, it holds on better than any other Ive tried!

Dl it and try it out! ;)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium

j36047

May 5, 2011
Hey there $MyName!

This is by far the most stable custom ROM I have ever ran and I'm still rocking it even though pretty much all development has ceased. To that point, not at all trying to ask for an ETA here, but I am wondering if you have any intention of ever updating this to 3.4? I am loathe to leave this ROM, but I think since all other dev is going toward 3.4 ROM/Kernel/etc.I may have to soon. If not, that's cool and I thank you for all the work that went into this ROM that I've enjoyed for so long!

Reactions: shekinahsmoke

NYCHitman1

Recognized Developer
Apr 9, 2010
New York
Google Pixel 2 XL
Google Pixel 3
Hey there $MyName!

This is by far the most stable custom ROM I have ever ran and I'm still rocking it even though pretty much all development has ceased. To that point, not at all trying to ask for an ETA here, but I am wondering if you have any intention of ever updating this to 3.4? I am loathe to leave this ROM, but I think since all other dev is going toward 3.4 ROM/Kernel/etc.I may have to soon. If not, that's cool and I thank you for all the work that went into this ROM that I've enjoyed for so long!

He's been busy with real life issues. When he has the time, he'll post back. Seeing as I haven't heard from him in quite a while - I wouldn't expect anything anytime soon.

PS: He also doesn't use this device (or Sprint) any longer.

Last edited:
Reactions: j36047

j36047

May 5, 2011
Thanks for the feedback. I had heard all of that, but thought maybe...juuuuuuuust maybe.....

Like I said, would totally understand if he were done with this ROM and do appreciate the time he put into it to let me enjoy it this long!

:)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: NYCHitman1

Soap

May 12, 2012
That's why Wambo_ and I decided to keep unofficial builds going. We assumed the OP had moved on. And for those not satisfied with the AOKP in Original Dev, we built one that the users can use and request picks for. With all due respect, think of it as a reincarnation. I was sad to see his builds stop being pushed out as well.

$MyName

Jul 26, 2012
That's why Wambo_ and I decided to keep unofficial builds going. We assumed the OP had moved on. And for those not satisfied with the AOKP in Original Dev, we built one that the users can use and request picks for. With all due respect, think of it as a reincarnation. I was sad to see his builds stop being pushed out as well.

Thanks for keeping things up for me.. :) And if you're cool doing it, I'll pass the buck 'officially' as it were to you, since I don't have the device anymore.

On that same note. I also was using a flip phone and no computer for the last few months. My laptop AND desktop got ate by a power surge, and my phone bit it thanks to my dog. So yeah, I've had a fun little go round of it. I'm finally back in action, with a desktop and a phone once again. Still the N4 though. So if there's need of it, I'll go back to building, but if not just let me know and I'll have the mods lock this thread down and throw it into the archives. Just know that I never forgot about you guys. <3 :D

Soap

May 12, 2012
Thanks for keeping things up for me.. :) And if you're cool doing it, I'll pass the buck 'officially' as it were to you, since I don't have the device anymore.

On that same note. I also was using a flip phone and no computer for the last few months. My laptop AND desktop got ate by a power surge, and my phone bit it thanks to my dog. So yeah, I've had a fun little go round of it. I'm finally back in action, with a desktop and a phone once again. Still the N4 though. So if there's need of it, I'll go back to building, but if not just let me know and I'll have the mods lock this thread down and throw it into the archives. Just know that I never forgot about you guys. <3 :D

I'm sure we all agree that you should move on to bigger and better things. Go forth and conquer the N4 section! We appreciate all your contributions and I for one think its time to close this old thread

-Don't drop me!

Reactions: Wambo_
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello all!

I wish to present to you a source built AOKP, as I saw we only had a port so far.

This isn't meant to knock the port, I just like source built things. So now people may use their preference in a ROM.

So far I haven't seen any issues, but if you find any please let me know!

I will be adding features and such to this once I get the inkling that I want them, but for now, AOKP goodness!

Credits:
    AOKP Team for the epic ROM, of course. ;)
    CyanogenMod Team for their device tree, which I've modded heavily.
    TheUnkn0wn for his wonderful camera, with lots of options. :)
    TheMuppets for their always up-to-date device blobs.
    Google for Android. <3
    GideonX for his BMS Kernel.
    And all of my users, for keeping me working hard at squashing bugs!

DOWNLOAD Build 11/03:
    http://d-h.st/NQy

Mirror, courtesy of paulg1981:
    https://dl.dumptruck.goldenfrog.com/p/Zo2YMWuFcm/aokp_d2spr_unofficial_Mar-10-13.zip?dl=1

Always assume that dirty flashing this ROM is unsafe. You can do it, but if you get force closes or other such issues don't bother reporting it until you have done a FULL wipe. This means /system, /data, /cache and dalvik-cache, and then installed the ROM fresh. If you do report bugs on a dirty flash, I'll ignore them and tell you to do a full wipe.

Latest Changelog: March 11th, 0945 EST.

Code:
    March 11th
    Lockscreen Rewrite WIP incorporated from Steve Spear
    Bitmap optimizations
    Better thumbnail handling
    Tried to fix tile update logic
    Breathing SMS notification. Ees pretty.

OLD
    Code:
    March 8th
    Lockscreen targets are removed for now, code was all busted.
    MMS is fixed. The first will fail, the rest will work. WiFi is tempermental.
    More optimization for our CPU.
    Linaro compiled the entire ROM.
    Got permission from [url=http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=2645480]GideonX[/url] to use his [url=http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2134894]epic BMS kernel.[/url]
    Fixed some gremlins in the system that were causing crashes en masse.
    AOKP Mainline sync'd and up-to-date as of March 8th.
    Reverted Camera back to default, added storage selection.
    This fixes FFC crashing, but if you still want TheUnkn0wn's cam it will break FFC again.
    Switched to open source Superuser by Koushik Dutta. SU options are located in System settings.
    First boot PerformanceControl may crash, this is due to an init script line that 
    I had to place in to limit the CPU clock on first start; otherwise it will boot at 1.836 GHz.
    If you wish to remove this limit, it is located in /system/etc/init.qcom.post_boot.sh
    PerformanceControl is executed after init scripts, so if you set something there it will override this
    (if apply on boot is selected)

February 16
    Lockscreen targets are back.
    Snuck in some a9 optimization
    re-applied all of my previous fixes.
    Updated to 4.2.2 base.
    GCC 4.7 -O3 compiled (linaro soon...ish)
    Fixed Roaming (i think, can't test on modded PRL.)
    Kanged TeamBAKED for their keyboard.
    and i'm pretty sure i got all the little gremlins causing issues.. let me know.

February 8
    Re-did the entire build directory.
    AOKP-Tracked kernel (Credits to BMC08GT)
    Tweaked system, now  with more bang.
    Re-did optimizations, added more from a friend.
    Hardware back to kill is moved into ROMControl again, as it should be.
    Fast charge toggle fixed.
    Possibly fixed charging LED (maybe, don't yell at me, but it works here.)
    A2DP now works without borking headphones (kernel level, bmc08gt)
    Added swipe to quicksettings.

January 26
    Changed up some stuff in the system to provide stability.
    Fixed hardware back to kill function.
    Note: the function has moved to the very bottom of developer settings.
    Performance control updated to repo version, and now it won't be in the app drawer!
    It's moved to the settings.
    Chronus now has options, it's in the app drawer.
    I did fiddle with a couple things for the RIL, so if there's a signal boost it's entirely by chance. 

January 21
    Sync'd up with AOKP mainline.
    added TheUnkn0wn's camera, head over to his thread [url=http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1746611]here[/url] and thank him.
    Lockscreen wallpapers are back!
    There's lots more, but unfortunately I don't remember them all right now.
    So just flash the ROM and enjoy! 
    (I promise I'll keep a better changelog next time.. was a slacker this week.)
    Oh yeah! I changed a few things around in the system to try and reduce
    persistance of crashes.
    And I think I fixed roaming.

January 15
    a2dp is now working fully, as per a few testers + my own observations.
    optimization done to system core, more butter.
    update device specific files, should yield a slight boost in signal strength

January 11
    Changing in-call volume now works.
    Took a shot at fixing a2dp.
    minor tweaks to the system to try and increase the butter effect.
    added 3-dot menu overflow toggle under ROMControl/General UI
    few other things i don't recall atm. 

January 9, v2
    Camera fixed.
    Display flicker fixed. (CM Gerrit)
    ^ this commit is made in the kernel. 
    If you flash anything other than this kernel, or KToonsez' 1/10
    you will have to fix flicker in the build.prop.

January 9
    [b]Cherry picks:[/b]
    SystemUI: tint alternate icons (small menu, alt back, arrow keys)
    SystemUI: more compatibility with themes
    QuickSettings: fix vibrate and silence toggle not updating
    Framework: NavBarColor (1/2)
    RomControl: NavBarColor (2/2)
    Don't wake the screen for media playback KeyEvents
    Phone: Port CM Advanced Phone Settings
    Makes network mode toggle work. Port from CM9.

[b]Stuff from me:[/b]
    Cleaned up some of the device stuff in msm8960-common and d2-common
    optimized some of the code for 4.7 toolchains (not yet used, but preparing for future.)
    optimizing for linaro in the beginning stages
    took a shot at fixing the camera. 
    took yet another shot at fixing screen flicker. 

January 7
    MMS Themeabilty (aokp)
    Noise Suppression on phone calls (aokp)
    More toggle preferences (aokp)
    Setting to answer phone call with hardware home button (aokp)
    Change device hostname (aokp)
    Select UI Mode --kinda functional (aokp, small edits here and there by me)
    optimizations, too many small lines in too many files to list (mostly aokp, few from me for msm8960 stuff
    fixed display flickering for good without a build.prop edit (me)

GAPPS:
    http://goo.im/gapps
    (grab the latest 4.2 ones)

This now uses GideonX's BMS Kernel for all your tweaking desire. Voltages, frequencies, etc are user configurable in PerformanceControl. Enjoy!

If I have forgotten any thanks or credits please let me know, I'll add them in. Not very good at this whole thread creating bit.

KERNEL SOURCE:
    Is now on GideonX's BitBucket at: http://bitbucket.org/gideonx/BMS_JB
    Just when I thought I found my Daily Driver and it was at its best! :( I definitely didn't thought I was going to see this today when I opened xda..
    Sad day my dude! :(

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium

It's not to worry. I've decided to continue work anyway, since I love you guys. I'll do both phones. :)
    My build directory got scrapped due to my young cousing sitting on my lap then throwing up on my laptop, which is fine.. but the harddrive wasn't. I really was baffled at this. Anyway, I've got it all fixed and I'm reapplying everything and updating my build stuff then I'm running one off today. It's been far too long since I've done anything and I'm starting to feel bad, lol.

Plus, thanks to a user who wishes to remain anonymous, I now have a phone. Much, much <3 for that guy.

So, wish me luck and no exceptions! AOKP actually managed to incorporate and fix most of the things that I'd put in, so I'm gonna run one off with some minor cosmetic things + all my stability and such. Maybe a couple extras, I might be feeling generous today.
    one more for good measure, issue posting and fixes, random infos, etc.

Bugs!
    Updated: Jan. 26, 1355

Holding hardware "back" key to kill app doesn't work, nor does toggle for it.
    This was removed in aokp 4.2, looking into forward porting. Use soft keys for now.

Finally fixed! Eat your heart out, teh roxxorz! :p

"Torch Off" sticking permanently:
    Change the order of the Torch toggle under ROMControl, it will display properly after that.

"Call Volume can't be changed during call":
    Looking into this, no workaround yet.

fixed

"Fast Charge toggle not displaying at all":
    Also looking into this, no workaround yet.

"Disable LED While Charging":
    This is an AOKP feature not yet implemented in the JB-4.2 branch, I'll be keeping my eye on the Gerrit for it, but also will be looking at how to implement it before hand. Stay tuned.

"Voice Dialer stays stuck at start screen"
    No fix or workaround yet, looking into it.

Workaround found. Use google now instead of voice dialer. Looking for a real fix still.

Bluetooth A2DP Crackles and cuts out:
    Already working on that, will have more info either tomorrow or the day after.

fixed.

WiFi Tethering doesn't work!
    Yeah, I know, it's lame. I think it still works with no security. Looking into it; promise.

These are the bugs that have been found so far, if you find anymore, please report!
    OP Updated with the latest release! Enjoy my friends!

And remember, if you dirty flash, and report a bug without clean flashing and being able to reproduce it, I -will- send my sexy baritone dolphin after your face.