[ROOT] Verizon Note 10.1 - SCH-I925

Search This thread

needoZ

Jul 5, 2010

rspong

Dec 26, 2007
Palm Springs
I too am curious. I deferred the install. Verizons web site support dosnt tell us anything.

Sent from my SCH-I925 using xda premium

I got notified today about a Tab 10.1 update from Verizon. I have yet to find a Changelog or can tell if it will make it so this root exploit will no longer work. Does any one have any additional information?

Thank you.

If you accept the update you will lose root, and won't get it back at least for now. I just sold my 10.1, and the person I sold it to didn't care about root or not. I allowed the update and tried to root again and no go. This is usually the case. Just letting everyone know.

From an unlocked Note 2. Hmm...... Can you hear me Verizon, out on Uranus?

needoZ

Jul 5, 2010
If you accept the update you will lose root, and won't get it back at least for now. I just sold my 10.1, and the person I sold it to didn't care about root or not. I allowed the update and tried to root again and no go. This is usually the case. Just letting everyone know.

Wish I would have seen this reply. I tried the same and root is gone. I wasn't using root for much on this device since it is pretty cherry without it. The only thing I will miss is AdBlocker and Titanium Backup.

Wish I would have seen this reply. I tried the same and root is gone. I wasn't using root for much on this device since it is pretty cherry without it. The only thing I will miss is AdBlocker and Titanium Backup.

Not to worry. Do this and you will be all set.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2130276

[ROOT] Framaroot, a one-click apk to root some devices

ssnapier

May 17, 2009
Hagerstown, MD
So sad, I bought this tablet last week and it did the OTA in the store before I even got my hands on it! I was looking forward to rooting it, but that is not going to happen in the near future or so it would seem.

vincentlocke

Nov 20, 2010
Hey guys,

My IT department ran updates on my VZW Galaxy Note 10.1 -- and it looks like framaroot no longer works.

Anyone know of any other method to root -- or how I would get back to stock so I could root?

geswek

Jul 13, 2012
PA
Hey guys,

My IT department ran updates on my VZW Galaxy Note 10.1 -- and it looks like framaroot no longer works.

Anyone know of any other method to root -- or how I would get back to stock so I could root?

Nope.

Nobody has a stock ODIN image nor has anyone come up with a way to root.

I'm impatiently waiting the same here -- my tablet is SO slow without root.

GREGHARKINS

Jan 18, 2006
Root/Image

My tablet took the update and my wife click install now i am not rooted either.... does anyone have anything on this yet???

geswek

Jul 13, 2012
PA
Nope, nobody cares about this device -- I've since given up on the idea that it would ever be rooted.

GREGHARKINS

Jan 18, 2006
Well that sucks I mean it is the same as the others just with lte:confused:

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

SPARTAN_TECH

Jul 3, 2014
Sarasota
www.rescuemyphone.net
I spoke with their verizon's reps before buying their note 10.1 LTE and asked them if it can be used with other network providers and he said, " Yes, DEFINITELY, The note 10.1 LTE is GSM unlocked" To my great surprise when I received my note 10.1, I couldn't get it to work. Will there be a way to get this to work? They say it is unlocked but in reality it isn't. I need help because I really do not want to be on the verizon network because I have solavei that gives me unli 4g data already. Please help me. I dont mind paying someone to get this working for me, I just don't want to pay verizon's crazy fees just for data.

no root fresh out the box it is unlocked change network mode to gsm and update apn works on mine but I cant establish root for It CAUSAL AND ODIN FAIL unless im missing something...

tselling

Dec 12, 2006
VRoot works on VRAMK1 but I am not sure if it is safe. It installs a superuser apk called Kinguser. If you uninstall, delete, or freeze this apk; you lose root. Use at your own risk! https://translate.google.com/transl...http://www.mgyun.com/vroot&edit-text=&act=url

Note that only the non-English version worked at version 1.7.8. The English version is at 1.7.3 and didn't work.

I have also found a way to remove the VRoot installed extra apps and replace their superuser app. It is based on MrW0lf's work but I had to make some modifications. You need to unzip cleanvr.zip, copy the cleanvr folder to your tablet, and go into the cleanvr directory from adb. Make sure to su. Then run the command "/system/bin/sh ./root.sh".

Attachments

• cleanvr.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 77
Last edited:

JaeTazzCee

Jun 1, 2012
Snellville
VRoot works on VRAMK1 but I am not sure if it is safe. It installs a superuser apk called Kinguser. If you uninstall, delete, or freeze this apk; you lose root. Use at your own risk! https://translate.google.com/transl...http://www.mgyun.com/vroot&edit-text=&act=url

Note that only the non-English version worked at version 1.7.8. The English version is at 1.7.3 and didn't work.

I have also found a way to remove the VRoot installed extra apps and replace their superuser app. It is based on MrW0lf's work but I had to make some modifications. You need to unzip cleanvr.zip, copy the cleanvr folder to your tablet, and go into the cleanvr directory from adb. Make sure to su. Then run the command "/system/bin/sh ./root.sh".

I rooted with Vroot (now iRoot) but I haven't bee able to install a Custom Recovery as of yet. I've tried to install CWM and Philz Touch via Odin and they both fail. Any suggestions out there?

nchall

Jan 5, 2011
Would love to know if you have figured out a way to do this on MK1, otherwise I am stuck on 4.1.2 instead of being able to flash CM 12.1. Arrgh!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First and foremost, I did not create this root package.

Just posting it here so people can have it in the forum:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2130276&page=13

Use the Frodo exploit.

I am working with a dev to unlock the bootloader, donation will be automatically to the following charity:
    http://www.pawschicago.org/

The Bootloader is in fact locked.
    If any devs need the following:
    dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p1
    dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p2
    dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p8
    dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p9

let me know I can send them to you right away.
    This worked for me. Thank you for the hint. I have been chomping at the bit trying to figure out how to root this device.

Thank you!

No problem, I am working on unlocking the bootloader currently, hope to have it done by this weekend if everything goes well.
    I spoke with their verizon's reps before buying their note 10.1 LTE and asked them if it can be used with other network providers and he said, " Yes, DEFINITELY, The note 10.1 LTE is GSM unlocked" To my great surprise when I received my note 10.1, I couldn't get it to work. Will there be a way to get this to work? They say it is unlocked but in reality it isn't. I need help because I really do not want to be on the verizon network because I have solavei that gives me unli 4g data already. Please help me. I dont mind paying someone to get this working for me, I just don't want to pay verizon's crazy fees just for data.

Yes with an unlocked bootloader this will be possible.
    Bumping this up. Do we have any choices in terms of root here or are we dead in the water? Really wouldn't mind having a later version of android running on this if there's anything available, 4.1.2 just isn't stable, not to mention the wifi almost consistently disconnects on me.