[ROM] [PORT] Ad Photon (discontinued)

Search This thread

Kakiller93

Dec 20, 2010
:)

Im going to replace the 2.2 on cotullas and see if I can get astro!

Gotta thnx everybody again. Thank u so much!! It works, hope we cant take pictures and all this small bugs will be fixed.

I wonder if we could fix in settings that the pics would be saved in the phones real memory, where we have like 150mb free, can we do that?

Last edited:

SebastianBouckaert

Nov 23, 2009
Problems

Hey,

First of all thx for the ffort :)

For me it does not work.

People cant hear me on my phone, keeps blinkning saying my battery status is low, which is not.

Can't change the alarms, bluetooth is not detected.

Has someone also these problems ?

Sebastian

codiak

Feb 27, 2009
Hey,

First of all thx for the ffort :)

For me it does not work.

People cant hear me on my phone, keeps blinkning saying my battery status is low, which is not.

Can't change the alarms, bluetooth is not detected.

Has someone also these problems ?

Sebastian

YES!! And if you had read the first post, you would know! >:/
Answering that same questions again and again is soo tiring!

Reactions: tzacapaca

whitis

Feb 21, 2011
So du you guys think DATA-CONNECTION will be avaiable soon? With the talk problem it's the biggest downside IMO. Hope somebody will work on it, and if somebody is, GOOD LUCK!

Kakiller93

Dec 20, 2010
questions

I have a 16gb card and i want to use it to install game and play it on the phone and not only (250mb?) which the android makes me to use.

I know the project is still in devolopement but i have some questions:

Is it possible for us to tell the phone to save pics on the phones own storage instead of the SD card which we cant come to with android?

Can we make that android takes like 1 gb or more instead of (250mb?) so we can install more games and so on?

And if there's tips out there for the mini im glad to hear about them:)!

the_hd2_cracker

Jul 21, 2010
30km to Nürburgring
Thanks cotulla!

Hey, wazzup!?

My friend has got the HD Mini (alias Photon) and he put Android on the SD card, started it and it worked:rolleyes:
BUT: The phone crashed after a while and now when he touches "haret...blabla.exe" he just gets a error message.
Got an idea? (Sorry, when I ask a faq)

-the_hd2_cracker

tzacapaca

Apr 8, 2008
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Why do you guys still ask for support on something which is unfinished ?
Jeeezzzz...I really don't get that
@Kakiller93
if you will check yourself and you will open camera application you will see yourself that it can save pics ONLY to SD CARD
and second,250 MB which Android can see it's device memory!do you have 1 GB or more memory on your device?lol

_Madmatt

Jul 3, 2009
@Kakiller93
if you will check yourself and you will open camera application you will see yourself that it can save pics ONLY to SD CARD
and second,250 MB which Android can see it's device memory!do you have 1 GB or more memory on your device?lol

I think you're wrong about that ;) I think Android sees the Data.img file, because you never see a file of Android in your device filesystem. So if we can find a way to increase the size of the data.img file, we can increase the "device size" of the Android OS.
Only thing I wonder, why would we do that? Android is still under development guys!

tzacapaca

Apr 8, 2008
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
I think you're wrong about that ;) I think Android sees the Data.img file, because you never see a file of Android in your device filesystem. So if we can find a way to increase the size of the data.img file, we can increase the "device size" of the Android OS.
Only thing I wonder, why would we do that? Android is still under development guys!

yeah,but i meant the REAL physical size of device memory:p,which is 512 Mb
btw..Android sees SD CARD too,through Astro file manager( i taught you that):p
anyway,increasing data.img file is not any sense...
What has sense and what has been done on other ported devices are:
making Android to see the SD Card
and enabling full RAM size ;)

_Madmatt

Jul 3, 2009
yeah,but i meant the REAL physical size of device memory:p,which is 512 Mb
btw..Android sees SD CARD too,through Astro file manager( i taught you that):p
anyway,increasing data.img file is not any sense...
What has sense and what has been done on other ported devices are:
making Android to see the SD Card
and enabling full RAM size ;)

Indeed. Allthough increasing the size of data.img can be interesting alternative for not seeing the SD card?

And yeah, you told me that :p Thanks again :)

Kakiller93

Dec 20, 2010
@Kakiller93

I know its not unfinished but just because its not unfinished it doesnt mean there is not some tips and things to do to make the phone even better. Yeah i have 16gb, hopefully the devs can go further and fix so we can use the Sd card.

But what i was trying to say was, isnt there anyway to inrease androids data (where its booted). It is probably no way right now, but i hope it will be:)

kev_gordon

Sep 19, 2007
Great work guys

As an owner of a HTC HD Mini, I just wanted to add my support and say that I appreciate the work that the developers of this ROM are doing.

Despite me being extremely IT literate, what you're doing is way above my skill-set, so there's no chance I could help out, but I am looking forward to trying out a working Android build on my phone!

Keep up the good work.

salimabbas

Jul 23, 2010
one giant leap!!

Hi All

Great work by Cotulla and those working on the development, hats off to you guys!!!

I tried it on my HD mini and it went smooth. Two or three things which are perhaps not mentioned by anyone here and which might be of some help to developers.

1- The small topmost led on hd mini blinks continuously red and yellow alternatively??

2- WiFi is not working, fine but I tried to connect through my mobile network plan, but that wasnt working too.

3- FM is not working, or atleast it is not supporting headphone.

4- I copied one .mp3 song file, one .jpg pic, one .pdf file and one .xls file on the root folder of my sd card just to check how it behaves. To my surprise, The song went working fine when i used music tab on home screen but when i checked .jpg file by clicking on photos link it said insert sd card, same was the case with PDF file and XLS file. My question is when SD card is yet can not be read, how come I listened to the song that i saved in the same SD card???

pwel

Dec 26, 2006
Hi All

Great work by Cotulla and those working on the development, hats off to you guys!!!

I tried it on my HD mini and it went smooth. Two or three things which are perhaps not mentioned by anyone here and which might be of some help to developers.

1- The small topmost led on hd mini blinks continuously red and yellow alternatively??

2- WiFi is not working, fine but I tried to connect through my mobile network plan, but that wasnt working too.

4- I copied one .mp3 song file, one .jpg pic, one .pdf file and one .xls file on the root folder of my sd card just to check how it behaves. To my surprise, The song went working fine when i used music tab on home screen but when i checked .jpg file by clicking on photos link it said insert sd card, same was the case with PDF file and XLS file. My question is when SD card is yet can not be read, how come I listened to the song that i saved in the same SD card???
Please read this thread before asking faq's: look at the status overview (link on first page). If I already get very tired by these questions which are repeated again and again, what will it be for the real devs? Anoying I guess.:mad:

Reactions: tzacapaca

tzacapaca

Apr 8, 2008
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Hi All

IS IT SO HARD TO READ FIRST POST???
1- http://htc-linux.org/wiki/index.php?title=PhotonStatus
2- Calls are working, data (GPRS) - not. It maybe big problem to implement DATA connection.(that's stated on the first post)
3-http://htc-linux.org/wiki/index.php?title=PhotonStatus
4-because you used a file manager(Astro) to browse files from SD Card!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: mqd

whitis

Feb 21, 2011
I'm really not into this whole "development" thing, but is somebody able to tell me how long it needs to finish this?
Long-6 months?
Short-1 month?

I mean, Cortulla wrote he ported the thing in 5 days.

Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Android / Linux port for PHOTON

Introduction:

HTC Photon looks very similar to HTC Liberty. It's not only external look, as well they are very similar.
    My goals was to determine how fast it can be binged up on HTC PHOTON.

Actually they much more changes, that it looks at first view.
    PHOTON doesn't have digital compass, while LIBERTY have it.
    As well LIBERTY have optical trackball, PHOTON doesn't.

Notes about future development:

All GPIOs looks same in PHOTON & LIBERTY.
    Only 192Mb RAM used for now. Additional RAM can be activated.
    Battery driver doesn't work, heave difference between PHOTON & LIBERTY.
    GSensor doesn't work, looks like it's problem of userspace android library.
    Calls are working, data (GPRS) - not. It maybe big problem to implement DATA connection.
    WLAN also not working somehow.
    Buttons are working, but they need proper align. (buttons are part of touchscreen).

http://htc-linux.org/wiki/index.php?title=PhotonStatus
    "Unknown" means not tested. I had not enough time to test it well.
    I didn't test anything really. Only just looks for "yes" / "no", no deep testing because not enough time.

Files to download:

for developers:
    KERNEL + HARET sources.
    Note this HARET only compatible with HTC PHOTON.
    http://cotulla.pp.ru/photon/Cotulla_PHOTON_AD_Devs.rar

for users:
    ANDROID which runs from SD card, without removing Windows Mobile.
    Copy files to root of SD card and run "HARET_PHOTON7227.exe"
    http://cotulla.pp.ru/photon/Cotulla_PHOTON_AD_Users.rar

NOTE about files. I will delete this files tomorrow or after tomorrow.
    Please reupload them to different file share hostings. Otherwise it will cause too big traffic to my site. Sorry for that.

Disclaimer:

This product is free to use at your own risk. We take no
    responsibility for any conflict, fault, or damage caused by
    this unlocking procedure. No warranties, implied or otherwise, are given if you agree to use this product.
    No problems were found while testing this product on several different devices, your experience may vary.
    This software is free, but not open source.

DISCONTINUED:

I won't continue developing of Android/Linux for PHOTON. Why?

*Main goals of this project are passed. All stuffs was ported in about 5 days.

*I have not much free time to develop android for another device. (I am supporting several devices, they take a lot of time)

*It's rather useless? You can sold PHOTON and buy LIBERTY. With native android inside. With compass inside. With trackball inside. With same size and design like PHOTON.

*And main reason: My father's phone is broken. I will give him PHOTON :) So I won't have PHOTON device anymore. And can't develop for it.

*I hope you appreciate all this :)

Anyway goodluck in developing, a lot of work already done (the hardest part however...) ;)

-Cotulla
    Awesome job you did there Cotulla. I don't own a Photon myself but have been trying to help the guys in another thread with some hints to try and get HaRET working. It's unfortunate you can't continue development. But with your work maybe some other developers that have the Photon can make it fully functional. :)

I've mirrored the files here:
    http://netripper.com/photon/Cotulla_PHOTON_AD_Devs.rar
    http://netripper.com/photon/Cotulla_PHOTON_AD_Users.rar
    Thank you so much! This a VERY BIG STEP for us!

We will continue with your work :)
    guys.. this project is not finished,yet (as u can see on first page)
    if you download and use this without the intention to develope on it, accept the bugs as they are, PLEASE !!!!
    sorry silent_Eagle but my statement wasn't focused on you :)

in general: as long as there are some people working on it there is a chance to get this fully working

in our case: several people are very involved.

in my case: i am working on it nearly every day. linux embedded development is new to me. i do not want to show up every step i made, because i want and need! also others to work on this and i do not want them to wait for my work, because i do not know if i succeed!
    if i publish every single kernel or image people will never stop asking stupid questions on it.
    for example: 1 hour development = 10min working on code + 20 min compiling + 30 min answering forumposts and pm's :)

if you want to speed this up take the dev-files and do it! (seriously! this is the same what we did)