[Q] Issue with recovering from bad flash

Search This thread

atreides7

Nov 2, 2011
I was trying to flash from unamed rom to Valhalla Black FB Edition. First i was trying to flash back to stock and it froze.

After waiting 20 minutes i did a battery pull and ended up in that soft brick limbo place where when the phone is on it is in dl mode and thats it.

I tried to use heimdell one click to recover but it keeps failing on the modem at 97%.

I also tried using gremlin remover and it would detect the phone but would not install the rom. I have no clue what to do now so any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks!

EDIT: I did try to search for an answer and came across this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1495354&highlight=heimdell but a reboot did not help and im not sure which rom i should try for an odin attempt.

Last edited:

lumin30

Oct 19, 2011
Try Heimdall One-Click again. Use a different USB if it fails again. It doesn't always flash the first time.

Reactions: atreides7

atreides7

Nov 2, 2011
Try Heimdall One-Click again. Use a different USB if it fails again. It doesn't always flash the first time.

You know it might be a usb port problem, the other front port is messing up :/

I will give this a try

EDIT: Modem still froze at 98% any other ideas?

EDIT #2: after switching usb ports again it got past modem but factoryfs froze this time, this is where it froze on the original flash attempt.

Last edited:

lumin30

Oct 19, 2011
My suggestion is keep trying. Try redownloading the One-Click or try one of the other One-Click's in the thread. You can look at the guide in the second link of my signature for other tips.

atreides7

Nov 2, 2011
It seems to be consistently stopping at factoryfs at this point around the 2% mark.

I guess i should try odin now but not sure which rom to use

atreides7

Nov 2, 2011
I have run out of ideas, this phone has done this to me before but never quite this bad. I am starting to get the feeling there is no coming back this time.

eollie

Mar 30, 2011
I have run out of ideas, this phone has done this to me before but never quite this bad. I am starting to get the feeling there is no coming back this time.

I think frustration is setting in and that is never good. maybe if you can take a break. I would suggest playing the new diablo but apparently the release has broken all of blizzards games tonight.

Restart your computer as it shut it off completely then power back on.

atreides7

Nov 2, 2011
yeah you are probably right, it doesn't help that my micro sd card reader has decided to break too apparently.

****ty week is just getting ****tier.

atreides7

Nov 2, 2011
You should try to download and flash another one-click. It might be that yours got corrupted... Never hurts to try another file :D

I have downloaded and redownloaded the one clicks, i have tried each one click and nothing seems to work. I just don't get why it keeps getting caught on factoryfs.

Edit: I was thinking of trying this next http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1223765 but like I said my sd reader has crapped out so C'est la vie.

Last edited:

FBis251

Mar 21, 2011
www.fernandobarillas.com
I have downloaded and redownloaded the one clicks, i have tried each one click and nothing seems to work. I just don't get why it keeps getting caught on factoryfs.

Edit: I was thinking of trying this next http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1223765 but like I said my sd reader has crapped out so C'est la vie.

Hmm, you should still try on another computer and with another USB cable though. Trust me the USB cable can make a huge difference.

atreides7

Nov 2, 2011
Hmm, you should still try on another computer and with another USB cable though. Trust me the USB cable can make a huge difference.

I can't believe it but my 6 year old laptop did it. Heimdell seems to have worked.

Thank you for the suggestion, I guess it is time to spend some money on a new desktop.

EDIT: That was the third computer I tried btw, this phone just did not like me tonight.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My suggestion is keep trying. Try redownloading the One-Click or try one of the other One-Click's in the thread. You can look at the guide in the second link of my signature for other tips.
    Use the ports on the back of your computer.

I think frustration is setting in and that is never good. maybe if you can take a break. I would suggest playing the new diablo but apparently the release has broken all of blizzards games tonight.

Restart your computer as it shut it off completely then power back on.
    You should try to download and flash another one-click. It might be that yours got corrupted... Never hurts to try another file :D