[Q] CM11 Official Nightlies Question

Search This thread

Liquorsicc92

Jan 12, 2014
Modesto
I flashed cm11 on my note 3 last night and today I downloaded the latest OTA that was just released. When I try to apply the update it has a pop up window which says "This feature requires a compatible recovery or updates will need to be installed manually." I went ahead and tried to install the update but it failed. I am using CWM 6.0.4.5. I was wondering which recovery is compatible for CM11 OTAs if there is currently one available. If not, will i have to do a system whipe before manually flashing the updates and also reflash Gapps?

idtheftvictim

Dec 26, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I flashed cm11 on my note 3 last night and today I downloaded the latest OTA that was just released. When I try to apply the update it has a pop up window which says "This feature requires a compatible recovery or updates will need to be installed manually." I went ahead and tried to install the update but it failed. I am using CWM 6.0.4.5. I was wondering which recovery is compatible for CM11 OTAs if there is currently one available. If not, will i have to do a system whipe before manually flashing the updates and also reflash Gapps?

You should be able to use TWRP to flash from the CM Updater app, the CWM isn't fully stable...pretty sure anyways.

No need to wipe system when flashing nightlies, no need to reflash GAPPS either.