Read 300 Great EPub Books with E Reader On New Manila ROMS

Search This thread

patcat007

Sep 28, 2005
Mumbai
************POST & LINKS UPDATED 21/02/2010***************

Update: There was a syntax error you cant use special characters like ' " . _ extra in the names of the books. That was the bug have fixed that and re-uploaded the files Now have 300 books in my ereader library. Now there are 5 zip files X 60 books each and the corresponding book cover in the images.zip file

The E Reader is a fantastic application and I was always searching for great books. Managed to download ALL the books from www.epubbooks.com. I have made the exact two folders which need to be copied on to the reader folder in your My Documents Folder of your device. Or create a Reader Folder in your storage card My documents/Reader

Here is the step by step guide

a) Make a Folder on your PC called Reader. Make two subfolders within that called Books and Images

b) Download & the images.zip into the Images folder on your PC

c) Download & Extract all the files from Book 1.zip to Book 5.zip into the Books Folder.

d)Copy the Books that you want onto the Books and Images Folder onto your device or copy all the books on to the reader folder on your device

e)Download and Install the Ebook Indexer 0.4 cab on to your device.

Download File

http://hotfile.com/links/42866819/a...ges.zip.html(*****************************NEW UPDATED LINK ENJOY)

f) Start the Ebook Indexer Program and Click Create Index. It will automatically detect all the books that you have copied either on your device or the storage card and now you can see them on the ereader Manila Tab(20 books) and the entire collection on the Library tab.

Remember the ereader Manila Tab has a limit of showing 20 books.

Cheers and have fun. Let me have feedback on whether you found this useful to add the books onto your device

Last edited:

patcat007

Sep 28, 2005
Mumbai
Links Updates

Sorry mates Links corrected was trying to get the post up in a hurry before my meeting started. Lemme know whether it was helpful

patcat007

Sep 28, 2005
Mumbai
Read 300 Books

Revising Post uploading Books which will work in the process of sending files to Hotfile. Download from new links after an hour

korrupt_1

Feb 29, 2008
thanks for the links.
would be good to have a text index to preview what's in the zip files.
i dont have the patiences to wait 30 minutes between downloads from Hotfile.. /me lazy :)

chizzwhizz

Nov 22, 2009
im tryin to use the ebook indexer but whenever i try to create index it says "can't delete table. Program exit" I just flashed a new NRG new feb 22 cookie monster rom. was using the feb 16 rom last night and the indexer worked perfectly

jizhu

May 2, 2008
same problem

im tryin to use the ebook indexer but whenever i try to create index it says "can't delete table. Program exit" I just flashed a new NRG new feb 22 cookie monster rom. was using the feb 16 rom last night and the indexer worked perfectly

"can't delete table, program exit" also happened to me. Do we need to install a reader for the books?

patcat007

Sep 28, 2005
Mumbai
of course, was in storage card/my documents/reader (Books, Images). But just can't open any book. Please help

First you need to have the Ereader Tab cooked in your ROM which is there in the New Manila ROMS NRG 16th Feb has it. I have tested all 300 books and their images and they open and read just fine on my Touch Pro 2.

patcat007

Sep 28, 2005
Mumbai
of course, was in storage card/my documents/reader (Books, Images). But just can't open any book. Please help

First you need to have the Ereader Tab cooked in your ROM which is there in the New Manila ROMS NRG 16th Feb has it. I have tested all 300 books and their images and they open and read just fine on my Touch Pro 2.

bleeman

Nov 14, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Thanks, but a question

First of all thanks for this app, I was able to purchase a book in Adobe digital format, move it as you describe in your instructions and read it on my phone. My only issue is that once I used the ebook indexer, none of the images showed up, even though they did previously for the preloaded books. I am using NRG Rom as indicated in my sig. Just weird that the images wont display, any ideas?

patcat007

Sep 28, 2005
Mumbai
First of all thanks for this app, I was able to purchase a book in Adobe digital format, move it as you describe in your instructions and read it on my phone. My only issue is that once I used the ebook indexer, none of the images showed up, even though they did previously for the preloaded books. I am using NRG Rom as indicated in my sig. Just weird that the images wont display, any ideas?

The books have to be in the *.epub format in your books folder in the format Author Name-Bookname.epub and the image folder should have the image folder should have the image in the following format Author Name-Bookname.JPG(it doesnt take jpeg) as a format. Also there should be another image file ideally 58X58 pixels in the format Author Name-Bookname_thumb.pub. If you have the books and the images in the respective folder in the formats specified it will show up in the manila Tab. But there's a limit of 20 books that the Manila Tab can show. Hope this solves your problems. Cheers

Top Liked Posts