[FIRMWARE] ICS/GB Firmware combo's

Search This thread

superchilpil

Sep 26, 2009
Texas
OnePlus 8 Pro
Nubia Red Magic 6
S-OFF DEVICES ONLY

I WILL ONLY SAY THIS ONCE, IF YOU HAVE DATA ISSUES FROM SWITCHING FIRMWARES YOU MUST FLASH THE STOCK RECOVERY AND PERFORM A FACTORY RESET IN HBOOT

DO NOT S-ON THE ENG OR JB HBOOT OR IT WILL BRICK YOUR DEVICE

ANYTHING DONE AT THIS POINT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY NOT MINE

So what is this?
Well ill answer that, these are Hboot/Radio/Firmware Combos

What do you do with these?
The purpose of these is avoid performing a full RUU if you would like to upgrade or downgrade firmwares/radios

So why do these include Hboot/radio/firmware files, cant we just flash the radios?
NO, mix and matching all of these has be known to cause data issues. Its best to flash the whole set to prevent data issues

How do you flash these?
Assuming you checked the MD5 sum, just rename these to PH98IMG.zip and place on the root of your external sdcard

New firmware patch huh?
This is simply for those upgrading to ICS firmware on a GB rom Or and ICS rom that had the gingerbread patch flashed over it

Whats the difference between the stock Hboots and the JB/ENG Hboots?
Simply, These Hboots have fastboot commands enabled WITHOUT unlocking the bootloader
I suggest if you use fastboot alot to use these hboots

Thanks to CharliesTheMan i now have a spot on AndroidFileHost :D

Heres how to tell which file you need

Each file will be named accordingly

[Firmware][Hboot version][JB or Stock hboot][Date of leak if applicable]

So an example would be [GB][2.11][JB]PH98IMG.zip

i suggest you check the MD5 and if you dont know what an MD5 is then you need to research what it is before flashing any of these

Here's the Link: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?a=show&w=files&flid=3054

Thanks to the JuopunutBear Team for getting us S-off, Jcase for the leaked Hboot

Last edited:

imparables

Oct 5, 2010
New Jerz
Since i didnt want to run the gingerbread ruu and mess with nandroiding back to get the eng hboot i made this :D

This is the eng hboot bundled up with the old firmware, you ust use the old firmware patch to run ics roms after flashing this

just place it on the root of your sd card, rename, and reboot to hboot
It will reboot once during the flash this is normal

DISCLAIMER: IT IS NOT MY FAULT IF YOU BRICK YOUR DEVICE DOING THIS, YOU MUST BE S-OFF AND AS ALWAYS CHECK THE MD5 SUM

DOWNLOAD:http://www.mediafire.com/?4i8sfbj74a9xqzb
MD5:10005eafcdc1e242d9d8ed91b7d68210

OLD FIRMWARE PATCH: http://www.mediafire.com/?8v3a2al9129gp9h

Credits go to Jcase for the hboot, and to whom ever made the old firmware patch :D

This is what I've been running by default after s-off. Has been rock solid. Don't think I'll change for now as many are having issues and/or experimenting. I'll just wait and see what people come up with. Great job in doing this...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

dajmanjt

Oct 3, 2010
Shreveport, LA
This works perfectly and i do think i notice a slight smoother response on most things then before plus the radios like me again. Awesome job :)

on a side note : con247 every time i see you post something i look at your speedtest sig and get so jealous and angry at the same time since i cant get anything over 8 mbit upload (and that's business class internet) where im at.... kudos to you and fml lol

isdnmatt

Jan 30, 2007
This works perfectly and i do think i notice a slight smoother response on most things then before plus the radios like me again. Awesome job :)

on a side note : con247 every time i see you post something i look at your speedtest sig and get so jealous and angry at the same time since i cant get anything over 8 mbit upload (and that's business class internet) where im at.... kudos to you and fml lol

Kudos to his University's internet connection? Show me what you have at home....

dyetheskin

Dec 12, 2006
bensalem, pa
i'm assuming since it's locked but with s-off we need to unlock the bootloader with htc again right? also the patch works but cache still doesnt mount right

con247

Retired Recognized Developer
Sep 1, 2010
Ann Arbor
So if we are on ICS, we flash this to get back to GB?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA

This will only downgrade your firmware. Your rom should be left intact. However you will need to flash the GB firmware patch over your rom immediately after doing this or you will have problems. If you want to downgrade android itself, flash a gb rom after doing this or just flash the whole gb ruu

Reactions: retepdgp

retepdgp

Mar 27, 2011
SoCal
Thanks guys. So IF I also run the Firmware patch (For ICS) would it still work for a GB ROM?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA

Clay333

Aug 27, 2010
LaGrange, GA
I am on stock rooted 2.01 with all original firmware. If I use both of the files is the OP along with one of the ICS roms will everything work correctly? If not what would I need to do? I would prefer to stay on the GB firmware as I have been getting great service, 3g and 4G speeds.

superchilpil

Sep 26, 2009
Texas
OnePlus 8 Pro
Nubia Red Magic 6
I am on stock rooted 2.01 with all original firmware. If I use both of the files is the OP along with one of the ICS roms will everything work correctly? If not what would I need to do? I would prefer to stay on the GB firmware as I have been getting great service, 3g and 4G speeds.

If your stock then you don't need to flash the hboot file unless you just want the eng hboot, you could just use cons for that
This is meant to downgrade those who upgraded their firmware to the new ics leak

But if you just want to run an ics Rom with the old firmware then just flash the patch in recovery and you should be good
Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Reactions: Clay333

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    S-OFF DEVICES ONLY

I WILL ONLY SAY THIS ONCE, IF YOU HAVE DATA ISSUES FROM SWITCHING FIRMWARES YOU MUST FLASH THE STOCK RECOVERY AND PERFORM A FACTORY RESET IN HBOOT

DO NOT S-ON THE ENG OR JB HBOOT OR IT WILL BRICK YOUR DEVICE

ANYTHING DONE AT THIS POINT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY NOT MINE

So what is this?
    Well ill answer that, these are Hboot/Radio/Firmware Combos

What do you do with these?
    The purpose of these is avoid performing a full RUU if you would like to upgrade or downgrade firmwares/radios

So why do these include Hboot/radio/firmware files, cant we just flash the radios?
    NO, mix and matching all of these has be known to cause data issues. Its best to flash the whole set to prevent data issues

How do you flash these?
    Assuming you checked the MD5 sum, just rename these to PH98IMG.zip and place on the root of your external sdcard

New firmware patch huh?
    This is simply for those upgrading to ICS firmware on a GB rom Or and ICS rom that had the gingerbread patch flashed over it

Whats the difference between the stock Hboots and the JB/ENG Hboots?
    Simply, These Hboots have fastboot commands enabled WITHOUT unlocking the bootloader
    I suggest if you use fastboot alot to use these hboots

Thanks to CharliesTheMan i now have a spot on AndroidFileHost :D

Heres how to tell which file you need

Each file will be named accordingly

[Firmware][Hboot version][JB or Stock hboot][Date of leak if applicable]

So an example would be [GB][2.11][JB]PH98IMG.zip

i suggest you check the MD5 and if you dont know what an MD5 is then you need to research what it is before flashing any of these

Here's the Link: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?a=show&w=files&flid=3054

Thanks to the JuopunutBear Team for getting us S-off, Jcase for the leaked Hboot
    I'll update this to the new ota either tomorrow or Monday
    Whenever my home internet gets installed

Afterwards I might not update this anymore unless people request it since I've changed phones

I might see if another method done on the one x forums works for our device, if so these may become flashable in recovery

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    Bumping this old thread, ive updated the link to the new android file host. He removed the md5 calculator on the old site so i transfered over so you can see the md5's

not sure if these are still in use but if the are there you go!
    Give me a day or two, there's been a couple people posting just radio update files in the mean time.
    Give me a day or two, there's been a couple people posting just radio update files in the mean time.

Thank this guy for helping me!

All the files are on AFH
    One is the complete firmware combo with the stock 2.27 hboot and one with the patched 2.25 JB for those who need fastboot

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2