UPDATE ALERT - 19084 firmware released

Search This thread

ddggttff3

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 13, 2009
Minnesota
Thanks for the update! From google source site, it looks like they have yet to patch the new exploit, but until I have a copy in-house to test with, I can not confirm this.

Reactions: Asphyx and l_aios

Asphyx

Dec 19, 2007
Android Wear
Google Pixel Watch
They might purposefully neglect to mention any patch of the exploit in hopes of catching people by surprise....

Munch better safe than sorry for those who are still waiting for a teensy to root

TRoN_1

Mar 11, 2008
Android Automotive OS
How can we see which firmware is currently installed on the chromecast? I connected it back to my tv with router off so it can't update, but I see no info concerning firmware.

bhiga

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 13, 2010
Use the CCast setup app....

But I suggest you disconnect the Internet from the router before you check...
I more than suggest. I don't know when it started, but the current Chromecast app will try to force an update before it completes setup.

Reactions: Asphyx

Asphyx

Dec 19, 2007
Android Wear
Google Pixel Watch
I still have version 17977

I am not rooted I am hopping this new update allows native screen mirroring.
Screen mirroring is already available...A new update isn't going to change anything about that if you can't mirror already the issue is your phone or tablet not the CCast.

SO if you want to root I suggest not taking the Update until you do, You are not going to gain anything just lose the ability to root.

shamelin73

Jul 27, 2010
Dallas
Screen mirroring is already available...A new update isn't going to change anything about that if you can't mirror already the issue is your phone or tablet not the CCast.

SO if you want to root I suggest not taking the Update until you do, You are not going to gain anything just lose the ability to root.
I am guessing I don't know how to get it to work then. I thought the Moto X was not supported yet till the update but I am guessing it is an update to the phone that I need.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Asphyx

Dec 19, 2007
Android Wear
Google Pixel Watch
I am guessing I don't know how to get it to work then. I thought the Moto X was not supported yet till the update but I am guessing it is an update to the phone that I need.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk
Yes it is most likely the phone side that is the issue...
The Mirroring works for the devices that support mirroring and it is unlikely to change much in an update.
All the CCast does is receive a stream....the Phone/Tab does the majority of the work by creating the stream and not all units have the ability to do that yet.

Besides...Even if you root the CCast it won't take long for Team Eureka to update the rom to get any goodness the newest update has in it....
So even after you root if there DOES happen to be something that allows your phone to mirror you will get it in Team Eureka Rom soon enough.

Last edited:

bhiga

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 13, 2010
If you have a Chromecast "tucked away" waiting to be rooted you might want to turn off WiFi and factory reset it so it has no ability to update when you power it up for rooting later.

Top Liked Posts