[Q] Can't get into Recovery mode, even stock

Search This thread

darthvedor

I flashed Phoenix Rom V16.7 successfully (It boots into android without problem). However I lost root. Tried flashing CWM "philz_touch_5.15.0-n7100.tar.md5" using ODIN. The phone rebooted into android. I unchecked "Auto reboot" and repeated the steps but now the phone is refusing to reboot into recovery mode, whatsoever. It hangs at "Galaxy Note II" logo. However I am able to reboot into android successfully. Is this soft brick? Gosh am scared. Kindly help. How can I get the recovery mode back?

zzzhead

Dec 5, 2013
If you have root, try download goo manager and install twrp recovery. Goo manager can be found at the play store..

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

darthvedor

Finally was able to boot into stock recovery.
Flashed Philz 5.15 thru PC ODIN and installed Dr. Ketan V6_1.
Reset Flash counter from 7 to 1 with Triangle Away.

How do I reset it to zero?? Tried Dr. Ketan Tool but it reverts the CWM Recovery to stock and looses root. Not able to use Triangle Away afterwards. Any help?

darthvedor

How do I reset it to zero?? Tried Dr. Ketan Tool but it reverts the CWM Recovery to stock and looses root. Not able to use Triangle Away afterwards. Any help?

S

sawdoctor

If you have a custom recovery your flash counter will always be one. You either have to flash stock recovery or there is an option not sure if it's only in the pro version to set triangle away at boot but i have read it's not advisable. Search the forum there is a thread on it but it's an old one

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app