[ROM][KANG]Cyanogenmod 7&9 KANG builds Captivate

Search This thread

sixstringsg

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 11, 2009
Dallas, TX
So I saw this over in the Nexus S development section, so I figured I would bring it here. For those of you unfamiliar with how cyanogenmod works, fixes and new features get submitted to gerrit, where they wait for approval. Once they get approved, they go into nightlies. Some things don't get merged at all. What most of us call KANG builds are nightlies, except with changes from gerrit merged in. For example: the MIUI battery bar is sitting in gerrit, and it might not even get merged in due to a few things, but I personally like it, so I use it. If you need hosting for your KANGS, let me know and I can hook you up.

If you're going to post a KANG, please post what patches you've included, and anything else you find pertinent.

CM9:
http://fitsnugly.euroskank.com/skankwich/?id=captivatemtd

Last edited:

makelegs

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 14, 2010
Kansas City
SKANKWICH [SKANG] CM9 KANG build: CAPTIVATE

skank-logo-lrg.png

This is a self-compiled kang of CM9 with cherry picks from CyanogenMod’s Gerrit Instance, most comparable to a CM nightly build. You need not apply if you’re not comfortable with testing out new and possibly broken features. All credit goes to cyanogen, #teamdouche and the coders who submit to Gerrit. Thank you to @RyanMacG for providing Euroskank hosting.​

NEW BUILDS ANNOUNCE IMMEDIATELY ON TWITTER @Makelegs

Latest Skankwich build

Latest Gapps (mirrored from goo.im):

Latest merges to CM source code: http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#q,status:merged+branch:ics,n,z

cherry.png
Cherry picks and other modifications
cherry.png

If cherry picks disappear, it's because they were merged, abandoned or conflict with the current source or other cherry picks.

idybV.png
Available on ROM Manager! ..................................... Euroskank Skankwich RSS Feed

Full disclosure: I do not own a Captivate. I currently own a Nexus One, Nexus S, and LTE Galaxy Nexus. I run the exact same builds with the exact same cherry-picks as my daily driver in the corporate jungle. In other words.....I really need my phone to WORK!

Last edited:

RichMD

Jan 8, 2011
CT
Thanks, I will give it a try. If we are running a KANG build and then install a new nightly, does it wipe any of the patches or are they left intact? I would imagine sometimes some of the code would have to be overwritten since the same files are involved. Can you explain how that works? Maybe this should be in the Q&A section but it is very specific to this thread so hopefully it is OK.

---------- Post added at 07:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 AM ----------

I installed the latest KANG and Glitch V13RC. My Cappy didn't melt and all my apps are there so it looks good so far. I love having the MIUI battery bar but I feel so "ideologically wrong"... :rolleyes: :p
Also, that is a great boot animation - definitely a keeper.

Last edited:
Reactions: kenzin

makelegs

Aug 14, 2010
Kansas City
I said "might" not. From what I understand, some of the people involved in the approval process don't like it because it's too MIUI for their taste.

Additionally....the MIUI battery has been designed to read color from theme resource, but the only themes it actually works with, for now, are cyanbread and androidian. This means themers will have to update themes in order for it to "work" properly. So even if it was merged, today, it would only be the current green color on any theme other than the 2 aforementioned themes (unless of course that theme had already been tweaked to comply). I use cyanbread x, so I only get the green bar.

Bright side......the default color used to be piss yellow! #progress

RichMD

Jan 8, 2011
CT
Additionally....the MIUI battery has been designed to read color from theme resource, but the only themes it actually works with, for now, are cyanbread and androidian. This means themers will have to update themes in order for it to "work" properly. So even if it was merged, today, it would only be the current green color on any theme other than the 2 aforementioned themes (unless of course that theme had already been tweaked to comply). I use cyanbread x, so I only get the green bar.

Bright side......the default color used to be piss yellow! #progress

I use R3ds iKaNDee and it is yellow at below 25% It was green at almost full. I assume that is as designed.
Edit: Red at below 15% - time to find a charger...

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium

Last edited:

RichMD

Jan 8, 2011
CT
Fresh bacon currently being served :)

:confused: Is that a reference to new patches being merged into your KANG build???

Also, sorry if this is a "noob" question but is there an easy way to know which CM7 build is incorporated into your KANG build? As an example, the Nov 14 KANG build has a build prop listing Nov 11 in it.

I really like the MIUI bar but I also want to know what fixes from the nightlies are in a given KANG build.

Reactions: kevnuke

sixstringsg

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 11, 2009
Dallas, TX
:confused: Is that a reference to new patches being merged into your KANG build???

Also, sorry if this is a "noob" question but is there an easy way to know which CM7 build is incorporated into your KANG build? As an example, the Nov 14 KANG build has a build prop listing Nov 11 in it.

I really like the MIUI bar but I also want to know what fixes from the nightlies are in a given KANG build.

On the website that is in the OP, over on the right side, it says what is merged. And bacon is a new build is up, it's one of the terms used in building an android ROM. If I were guessing, the day the build comes out is the day it is based on typically, but I could be wrong.

makelegs

Aug 14, 2010
Kansas City
I updated post #3 with current cherry-picks. I'll try my best to keep it accurate and up to date. When in doubt, the picks listed at the link should be "most" accurate. If a pick is dropped, it can be safely assumed that it was either merged, abandoned, or needs to be rebased.

(dammit! why was I too late to grab the #2 spot??!!) :eek:

FWIW...It's really cool to see that people are downloading and using this kang! I hope it performs well for folks. Maybe I'll post a custom gapps to go with it, too.

---------- Post added at 01:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 AM ----------

"BACON" is essentially a call to download and flash the newest build....akin to "COME AND GET IT!!!" :D

Build.prop: The next build will have an updated date and will even have an updated version of 7.2.0 RC0. Prop updates when I clean my build directory, but then it takes twice as long to build :( As such...build.prop date will update every few builds, or so. It doesn't really matter. ;)

As far as current/recent fixes are concerned.... current changes to nightly builds may be viewed HERE and apply equally to my kang and the official nightly. I will only be listing cherry-picks that are "unique" to my build.

Reactions: kevnuke

alkoholic

Mar 14, 2005
Any chance in future post updates you can link these to the gerrit pages?

I think these build are a great idea! Thanks for doing all the work!

Version bump: 7.2.0 RC0 (11-16-11)

*** Custom BOOT Animation by @rascarlo ***
* MIUI Battery mod (includes Cyanbread/Androidian themes)
* Default volume control media (CMParts)
* Disable render effects for screenshots
* for slayher, love koush
* Refactor lockscreen status views (separate notific. for alarms & calendar events)
* Lockscreen : Minor cleanup
* AndroidTerm: Merge remote branch 'upstream/master' into update
[/SIZE]

makelegs

Aug 14, 2010
Kansas City
Any chance in future post updates you can link these to the gerrit pages?

I think these build are a great idea! Thanks for doing all the work!

Glad you like the builds, man! :)

As far as linking picks to gerrit goes........in all honesty that would be a bit of a PITA. Most changes involve more than 1 cherry pick. There is frequently a frameworks and a cmparts change. In the case of miui battery, that 1 change includes 4 different cherry picks in its entirety. I prefer to maintain a clean and simple list that describes the "functional" changes.

I would be happy to include a general link to gerrit, though. If somebody wants to read in greater detail about a given pick, it would then be simple enough to do.

#compromise

makelegs

Aug 14, 2010
Kansas City
Bacon good!! :D

Build is awesome, except for the false "phone storage is getting low" error. :p

Other that that. great job.

That's prolly your /data/data filling up with cache. Time to move some apps to sdcard. I think that's the message the new data management implementation was said to pop up in lieu of suddenly creating a fc party. If so...i would expect the same to occur with nightly builds, too.

Maybe someone else with that specific experience could chime in on the matter.

Glad your liking the builds though! :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I saw this over in the Nexus S development section, so I figured I would bring it here. For those of you unfamiliar with how cyanogenmod works, fixes and new features get submitted to gerrit, where they wait for approval. Once they get approved, they go into nightlies. Some things don't get merged at all. What most of us call KANG builds are nightlies, except with changes from gerrit merged in. For example: the MIUI battery bar is sitting in gerrit, and it might not even get merged in due to a few things, but I personally like it, so I use it. If you need hosting for your KANGS, let me know and I can hook you up.

If you're going to post a KANG, please post what patches you've included, and anything else you find pertinent.

CM9:
    http://fitsnugly.euroskank.com/skankwich/?id=captivatemtd
    SKANKWICH [SKANG] CM9 KANG build: CAPTIVATE

skank-logo-lrg.png

This is a self-compiled kang of CM9 with cherry picks from CyanogenMod’s Gerrit Instance, most comparable to a CM nightly build. You need not apply if you’re not comfortable with testing out new and possibly broken features. All credit goes to cyanogen, #teamdouche and the coders who submit to Gerrit. Thank you to @RyanMacG for providing Euroskank hosting.​

NEW BUILDS ANNOUNCE IMMEDIATELY ON TWITTER @Makelegs

Latest Skankwich build

Latest Gapps (mirrored from goo.im):

Latest merges to CM source code: http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#q,status:merged+branch:ics,n,z

cherry.png
    Cherry picks and other modifications
    cherry.png

If cherry picks disappear, it's because they were merged, abandoned or conflict with the current source or other cherry picks.

idybV.png
    Available on ROM Manager! ..................................... Euroskank Skankwich RSS Feed

Full disclosure: I do not own a Captivate. I currently own a Nexus One, Nexus S, and LTE Galaxy Nexus. I run the exact same builds with the exact same cherry-picks as my daily driver in the corporate jungle. In other words.....I really need my phone to WORK!
    Had the reboot big numerous times on the 22nd version. Flashed the 23rd update this morning to see how it goes.

sent from XDA app

It should be gone with the newest build....(I think) :eek:

I dropped a few picks that were pretty inconsequential to me, anyway. I think they were just messed up.

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 AM ----------

I will be off doing family stuff for the holiday. Unless something really big happens (highly doubtful), I won't build again until mon or tues.

Thanks again for all the support, folks!

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas!:D
    Wow! 100 downloads of my 3/24 kang in 2 days! I am honored, I hope you all are enjoying it :)

http://goo-inside.me/devs/boog/cm9kang/captivate
    I hope you guys download the **** out of the new build.....cuz it's been 3 days of banging my head against the wall just to get captivate to even build.....

#notpissedatall

/sarcasm

:eek:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk