ROMs Removes Modem - Cannot Restore Modem

Search This thread

nimrod.sixty9

Dec 19, 2010
Ill admit that Im not the best at this, but Im not too new to rooting, roming, or flashing (so now you know I might be the reason). Out of all, I've never done anything like the Sprint Note 2 where flashing a ROM removes all phone info, IE. IMEI, Baseband Unknown.

I tried restoring EFS and Modem (which I backed up beforehand); manually installed modems; all to no avail. Basically I have to recover by starting from scratch using http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2591898.

What am I missing?

tx_dbs_tx

Jan 19, 2009
Texas, USA
Personally I prefer using this stock MC2 unrooted ROM with flash count reset. Found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2086769

This will put you back at pre MK4 state as well as flash the modem. bootloader, etc. From there you can re root, flash Phil's recovery 6.07.9 and flash a custom ROM of your choice. This is how I would do this and IS how I do this from time to time. I never use the stock unrooted MK4 due to the KNOX crap.

Reactions: nimrod.sixty9

nimrod.sixty9

Dec 19, 2010
Personally I prefer using this stock MC2 unrooted ROM with flash count reset. Found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2086769

This will put you back at pre MK4 state as well as flash the modem. bootloader, etc. From there you can re root, flash Phil's recovery 6.07.9 and flash a custom ROM of your choice. This is how I would do this and IS how I do this from time to time. I never use the stock unrooted MK4 due to the KNOX crap.

So the process in which I done this would cause such affect? The MK4 I used did restore everything; recovery, modem, etc.

I used Odin to load TWRP 2.7 recovery (let it root), booted to recovery again and installed Dr Katan's MultiTool to remove Knox, and then updated SuperSU. This is where I stand now and it's operating fine, just hate the crap Sung put in there.

Is TWRP no good for L900? is Phil's Recovery the defacto or just your experience? Just curious if Im doing something wrong or?

My goal is to have vanilla as I can have it with the exception of WiFi tether and a radio that doesn't suck.

Skripka

Dec 17, 2011
Postulo forklift ad portandum iste
So the process in which I done this would cause such affect? The MK4 I used did restore everything; recovery, modem, etc.

I used Odin to load TWRP 2.7 recovery (let it root), booted to recovery again and installed Dr Katan's MultiTool to remove Knox, and then updated SuperSU. This is where I stand now and it's operating fine, just hate the crap Sung put in there.

Is TWRP no good for L900? is Phil's Recovery the defacto or just your experience? Just curious if Im doing something wrong or?

My goal is to have vanilla as I can have it with the exception of WiFi tether and a radio that doesn't suck.

Read the L900 TRWP thread for the last 6 months...and you will see issue after issue...and 6 months later it is still not fixed according to users. Funny thing, is this only effects L900 Note 2 users. AFAIK no other Note2s or other devices are effected.

Either use a 2.6.* TWRP build to flash 4.1 ROMs, or use PhilZ for AOSP ROMs.

tx_dbs_tx

Jan 19, 2009
Texas, USA
I just wanted to point out that since you are back on the stock MK4 ROM you will not be able to use the built-in WiFi hotspot unless you subscribe and pay for it. You can't flash the MK4 hotspot hack on your current stock odexed ROM. You will need to flash a stock rooted deodexed ROM that has hotspot hacked already or you will have to flash the mk4 hotspot hack for a deodexed stock ROM.

I'm saying this because you did point out in your previous post that you wanted to be able to use the hotspot feature. There may be another tether app that will work without root but I'm not aware of any.

Last edited:

sp1d3rx

Jun 29, 2012
see my post in this forum

Ill admit that Im not the best at this, but Im not too new to rooting, roming, or flashing (so now you know I might be the reason). Out of all, I've never done anything like the Sprint Note 2 where flashing a ROM removes all phone info, IE. IMEI, Baseband Unknown.

I tried restoring EFS and Modem (which I backed up beforehand); manually installed modems; all to no avail. Basically I have to recover by starting from scratch using http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2591898.

What am I missing?

I made a post about my experience loading a custom rom. I hope it is of some help to you. I believe I also started with MD4. What I think they did starting with MD4 (possibly a bit earlier) is they have a partition for the carrier/radio, and that gets wiped out when you load other roms, so you lose your radio. If you go back to LJ4 and then load the other roms, you might have more luck.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.