[ROM] Nero v3 - Team Whiskey - 12/22/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

sarge363

Nov 7, 2010
Robstown, Tx
I have problems with the GPS when im in my patrol car which is equipped with GPS itself. As soon as I step out I get a lock on with my phone. Is there a reason for this. Could the GPS in my patrol car be disrupting the gps on my phone?

Sent from THE Vibrant......

boodies

Mar 3, 2010
I have problems with the GPS when im in my patrol car which is equipped with GPS itself. As soon as I step out I get a lock on with my phone. Is there a reason for this. Could the GPS in my patrol car be disrupting the gps on my phone?

Sent from THE Vibrant......

hello there, no it shouldn't be a problem. Try downloading the samsung gps fix from the market. it takes a couple minutes to run so give it some time. good luck.

TEE82

Dec 28, 2007
Oregon
I thought this ROM had the camera app that allowed you to take a picture using the Power Button, is this a setting? If not, where can I get it?

You can do it through SGS tools from the market. Its under upgrade stock apps/ camera hack.

That camera hack caused probs to my cam. Lost zooming ability and there was only a 3mp or 4mp resolution option, no 5mp. The power button did work as the shutter button though.

I tried reflashing a cam update zip, hoping that it would correct these issues but it didn't, so I ended up reflashing the rom and all's good again.

Not sure if this was an isolated incident w/me or if this is a known prob w/that cam hack.

antonivs

Dec 24, 2010
Has anyone experienced bluetooth problems on nero v3? Or is it just me?

At first I thought Bluetooth was broken after installing nero v3 - it would scan but not find either of my two Bluetooth devices. But, I think the problem in my case was that the devices still thought they were paired with the phone before it was flashed to nero. Powering them off and on and generally fiddling around like that resolved it, and since then I've had almost no trouble.

But then I was playing music using TuneIn radio, and tried to switch from the phone speaker to Bluetooth headphones while the music was playing. It didn't work - instead, the phone did what looked like a soft reset, going directly to the Team Whiskey intro animation and rebooting.

Other than that, Bluetooth has been working fine for me, and nero3 has been fantastic.

vapotrini

Dec 31, 2004
I'm still on bionix and would like to try this rom out. Do I first need to flash to a stock version of froyo with a stock kernel or can I just flash this rom directly over bionix final?

badaphooko01

Aug 5, 2009
Cumming, Ga.
No cuz I can't even download apks, it says file not supported. I've never had this problem on other roms
Ok I usually d/l all my apps to my pc then transfer to my phone. I've tried d/ling them to my phone but sometimes I get the same error. It think its a different format like xml editor. Have you tried d/l them from your pc?

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

kennyp987

Apr 16, 2007
nyc
No cuz I can't even download apks, it says file not supported. I've never had this problem on other roms

First download astro file explorer and in the prefs check the box that says enable browser downloads....and if you cant install normally buy root explorer and copy and paste the apk to /system/app

Vibrant + Nero V3 + SuperIO Kernel

badaphooko01

Aug 5, 2009
Cumming, Ga.
I forgot was bionix eclair? if it is I would make a copy of your phones contents just in case it completley wipes it. But yea you can flash right over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Logo.jpg

OFFICIAL HOME OF BIONIX AND TEAM WHISKEY
    http://board.teamwhiskey.com/index.php
    http://www.teamwhiskey.com/
    http://webchat.freenode.net/
    irc.freenode.net / #teamwhiskey

NOTE: Be sure to disable any lagfix you are currently running before flashing this, especially voodoo!

Nero v3:
    - JL5 system files
    - JL5 kernel w/voodoo 5.0.4 (voodoo now disabled by default, to enable, read instructions below)
    - JL5 modem
    - 4 lock screen options (stock android, glass, fascinate, epic)
    - Disabled battery full notification
    - Reboot options added to power menu (reboot, reboot recovery, reboot download mode)
    - Nexus S microbes live wallpaper
    - Nexus S nexus live wallpaper
    - Nexus S car dock application
    - Nexus S Power Widget
    - Nexus S icons
    - Nexus S audio/notification files
    - Nexus S Launcher
    - Nexus S Wallpapers
    - Nexus S Genie Widget
    - Nexus S transition animations
    - Nexus S settings menu icons
    - Heavily modified frameworks (gingerbread)
    - Re-added transparent power widget
    - Re-added transparent google search widget
    - Re-added home desk app
    - Many fixed icons and framework-res images
    - New Market
    - New Titanium Backup
    - New Rom Manager
    - New Voice Search
    - New Maps
    - New YouTube
    - New Google Voice
    - New Gmail
    - AOSP mms
    - Added some new wallpaper
    - Settings now includes 'stay awake while charging' option (thanks Jocelyn)
    - Mms compose icon fixed (thanks Jocelyn)
    - Spare parts (allows for animation speed tweaks)
    - Mounting issues fixed
    - Phone number identification fixed
    - Init script edits for smoother UI
    - Custom boot animation
    - Custom shutdown sound (linda)
    - Very fast, fast, fast, and very stable....especially with voodoo!

Nero v3 TouchWiz Edition:
    - Includes every spec listed above, but.....
    - Removed gingerbread launcher and restored my modified TouchWiz launcher (modified launcher eliminates all drawer open/close lag)
    - Restores TouchWiz wallpaper chooser
    - Restores most twiz/samsung apps and widgets (buddies now, daily briefing, days, feeds and updates, program monitor)
    - Install procedure is the same as the Nero v3 gingerbread edition

UPDATE: 12/22/10 @ 12:49pm MST - Just updated rom files below to include the JL5 kernel w/updated voodoo 5.0.4 posted minutes ago. Fixes corrupted mbrs and device detection. Those of you who could not get your system to convert should be good to go now. :)

Rom Downloads:
    Nero v3 w/voodoo (voodoo disabled by default)
    Nero v3 TouchWiz Edition w/voodoo (voodoo disabled by default)

Mirrors:
    Nero v3 w/voodoo (voodoo disabled by default)

Extras:
    Don't forget to visit our team forum for TONS of additional addons and googies. Team Whiskey Forum!

Also, make sure you stop by jdanisevich's thread, Slightly Better Gingerbread, and look at all the awesome modifications he's done for Nero 3

Voodoo 5.0.4 Details:
    - Supports small/larger nand chips
    - Converts full system partition to ext4 (nexus s uses ext4 files system. theres a reason samsung dropped our crap rfs system...it sucks! ext4 is amazing)
    - Incredibly fast, solid, and stable. Much better than rfs or ext2 file system
    - Disable voodoo directly via clock work recovery

Installing Nero v3 w/voodoo 5.0.4:
    1. Place nero_3_voodoo.zip on internal sdcard
    2. Disable ANY and ALL other lagfixes (yes, this includes ext2 one click lagfix! You cannot run both)
    3. Reboot into clock work recovery via rom manager or manually
    4. Select 'install zip from sdcard'
    5. Select 'choose zip from sdcard'
    6. Select 'Nero_3_voodoo.zip'
    7. Select 'Yes - install Nero_3_voodoo.zip'
    8. Wait for installation to finish
    9. Reboot
    10. After full boot, wait roughly 10 minutes and reboot, this will smooth things out and eliminate any small bugs.
    11. Done!

Enable Voodoo:
    1. On your internal sdcard, you will find a voodoo folder containing a file called 'disable-lagfix'. This was pre-installed when you flashed. Find it.
    2. Delete the 'disable-lagfix' file from the voodoo folder.
    3. Reboot intor clockwork recovery
    4. Select 'voodo lagfix'
    5. Select 'enable lagfix'
    6. reboot
    7. You phone will now convert to a full ext4 file system, this will take about 4 minutes. Be patient!
    9. Phone will boot up and you're done!

Disable Voodoo:
    1. Reboot into clock work recovery via power menu options, terminal, or adb to get to the 'red' clockwork screen
    2. In CWR menu, select 'voodoo lagfix'
    3. Select 'disable lagfix'
    4. Select 'go back'
    5. Select 'reboot system now'
    6. Your file system will now be converted back to rfs. This will take about 2-4 minutes, be patient!
    7. Once your phone reboots, reboot back into clock work recovery and you may now flash anything of your choice
    Thanks for the bug reports everyone. Nero v4 begins now.
    So it looks like the difference between V3 and V2 is that V2 used the JL4 modem and V3 is using the JL5. How does this usually work? Does google release periodic updates to the source code and those are named something like JL4 or JFD? Is there a schedule or do they get released at any old time? Is there a road map for the different releases? And once Som gets his hands on it, then he incorporates the latest release with his latest release? Am I close, or is there something more to it?

Where can I find out more about these releases? What is the difference between JL4 and JL5?

Google has nothing to do with the Samsung firmware releases besides providing the code to the core operating system, in our case Android 2.2 code name Froyo.
    It is up to Samsung at this point to make the modification they see fit and provide driver support. Once it is cooked they are releasing the firmware (T959UVJL5 for instance).

T959 is the Samsung model number for Vibrant.
    UV provider code, UV = en,es,fr
    J year is 2010 (A is 2001, and so on)
    L month is December (A is January, and so on)
    5 is the release within this year/month (4 was a previous release).

Since we are running the leak firmwares there is no change log and source code, so it is hard to tell the differences b/w the releases, but usually the consequent release is a bug fix from previous, etc.
    3. Reboot intor clockwork recovery
    4. Select 'voodo lagfix'
    5. Select 'enable lagfix'
    6. reboot

Do you mean the green clockwork recovery or do you mean clockwork recovery app that you access through drawer? i ask because i couldn't get voodoo to work on v2 for the life of me (no linda voice or red recovery)

EDIT: Found the solution! For those that cannot get Voodoo to work, even after deleting the disable-voodoo file:

I have had this problem. I also had a hell of a time getting voodoo to work. What I did was format both sdcards under settings. Odin to Eugene JK2, install OCLF>under menu goto kernels>and under voodoolagfix/ hold down and force it. This flashed a beta 4 i9000 kernal with voodoo and then I heard Lynda talk. Then it bricks but it fixed whatever the problem was with voodoo not not working. Afterwards I Odin to JK2 again and CWM Nero, and Odin JK6 voodoo kernel. So now Im on Nero 1 w/voodoo. Bro I hope this helps.

I used OCLF 2.2.8 which is not on the market (simple google search will bring up the .apk)

It takes a while but I finally got Voodoo to work!
    FYI: Just for fun, I made a Nero v3 TouchWiz edition for anyone that actually prefers touchwiz. I just posted it in the OP. Still retains everything from Nero 3, but remove gingerbread launcher, replaces with touchwiz, and restores several touchwiz/samsung apps and widgets.