Nexus 5 battery life

Search This thread

deansaunders

Nov 3, 2013
South West England
For anyone that's interested, this is today's battery life on my Nexus 5. Came from a Galaxy S4 and I must say, I'm impressed.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-11-03-20-21-58.png
    Screenshot_2013-11-03-20-21-58.png
    239.1 KB · Views: 2,849
  • Screenshot_2013-11-03-20-22-09.png
    Screenshot_2013-11-03-20-22-09.png
    177 KB · Views: 2,736
  • Screenshot_2013-11-03-20-22-17.png
    Screenshot_2013-11-03-20-22-17.png
    132.2 KB · Views: 2,749

mc704

Dec 25, 2012
Man!

Almost 7 hrs of SOT... Thats Frigging AWESOME! Can you tell us your usage patterns? What was enabled/disabled...? Majority time on WiFi or Mobile Network (2g/3g/HSPA/LTE). Signal Strength of the Carrier

On my N4, the highest ive gotten is 5 1/2 hrs of SOT and that is with most of the stuff disabled and on wifi!

G

GuestK00261

Whoa! At first 11 hours looked bleak, but 7 hours of screen-on time sounds fantastic! :laugh:

Carver1

Aug 6, 2010
Wifi on the whole time or not.. 7 hours of SOT is impressive.. especially on a 2300mAh battery

Shudder123

Jul 4, 2012
as a current S4 user, seeing things like this is making me really impatient in waiting for the N5! i could barely get 5 hours SOT on an AOSP rom on my S4 or even on TW and this was with greenify and auto sync off at night.

really hoping that once I get my N5 average SOT time will be 4-5 hours as thats all i really need to be satified

kava1

May 25, 2009
Where's Google services?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

msavic6

Jun 28, 2010
Vancouver
The most screen on time I used to get on my S4 is 5:30 with wifi only use. That number has dropped to 4:00 now on wifi and 3:00 when I am on LTE for pretty much the whole time.

This battery life is impressive to me and seeing the camera comparisons between nexus 5/S4 and having the Nexus 5 win has solidified by decision to get a nexus 5. Now if only I didn't have to wait 3-4 weeks...

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

DammitCubs

Aug 21, 2011
Few questions:

1) google now on or off

2) Do you have sync on?

3) Do you have facebook/twitter/instragram...etc?

nasimdejai

Aug 2, 2010
For the first charge out of the box, should you charge the device on or off in order to get the best out of the battery as well as improving battery's lifespan? Cheers
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

deansaunders

Nov 3, 2013
South West England
Those two little bumps where it goes up in charge I think are where I had it plugged into the pc to transfer stuff across.
Anyway.....

Wi-fi was on all day apart from a couple of occasions where I went out for a short while and it was on H+ (full signal)

Google Now is disabled.

Sync is enabled.

Screen is on auto-brightness but my living room is fairly bright and so I'd guess at the screen being on 50-75% brightness all the time.

Those 7 hours of screen on time were pretty much all down to browsing on Chrome and aimlessly scrolling on Facebook.

I'm very impressed with this phone (even though my power button rattles) and at first didn't know if I'd made the right choice ditching my S4 to get it, but after having it since Friday I'm glad I did now. Another thing, the signal is great. On my S4 in the gym I used to get 1- 2 bars of 3G signal at best, with the N5 I get 4 bars of H+.

For anyone thinking about getting this phone, you won't regret it, especially if you're not a fan of having to charge your phone at 3pm because it's dead.

deansaunders

Nov 3, 2013
South West England
For the first charge out of the box, should you charge the device on or off in order to get the best out of the battery as well as improving battery's lifespan? Cheers

I ran it down Friday and charged it overnight, then ran it down again Saturday, charged it over night (both times 0% to 100% and both times whilst I was in bed I left it switched on but in aeroplane mode) and this was the result on Sunday's usage.

Reactions: unknown1205

bloot

Feb 10, 2008
Barcelona
Did you put the charger twice?, the charging bar is empty, but in the graph there're two times it seems it was charging.

Last edited:

DigitalUnderground

Oct 4, 2012
I've seen multiple devices I've owned including this one where the battstats go up in tiny peaks without me charging it. Just saying, it happens even if it wasn't plugged in to PC. If u were in the PC we would have seen the charging bar wouldn't be empty. Its almost like the battstats graph predicts usage and where the batt prolly will fall to but then if u stop using it it goes back. Idk hard to explain.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For anyone that's interested, this is today's battery life on my Nexus 5. Came from a Galaxy S4 and I must say, I'm impressed.
    Those two little bumps where it goes up in charge I think are where I had it plugged into the pc to transfer stuff across.
    Anyway.....

Wi-fi was on all day apart from a couple of occasions where I went out for a short while and it was on H+ (full signal)

Google Now is disabled.

Sync is enabled.

Screen is on auto-brightness but my living room is fairly bright and so I'd guess at the screen being on 50-75% brightness all the time.

Those 7 hours of screen on time were pretty much all down to browsing on Chrome and aimlessly scrolling on Facebook.

I'm very impressed with this phone (even though my power button rattles) and at first didn't know if I'd made the right choice ditching my S4 to get it, but after having it since Friday I'm glad I did now. Another thing, the signal is great. On my S4 in the gym I used to get 1- 2 bars of 3G signal at best, with the N5 I get 4 bars of H+.

For anyone thinking about getting this phone, you won't regret it, especially if you're not a fan of having to charge your phone at 3pm because it's dead.

I ran it down Friday and charged it overnight, then ran it down again Saturday, charged it over night (both times 0% to 100% and both times whilst I was in bed I left it switched on but in aeroplane mode) and this was the result on Sunday's usage.
    i got 2 days on my nexus 5 in my holdays.
    i must say that I spent about 16 hours on standby, anyways I think its impressive ^^

I am useing ART, no gps and no GNow