Apples new IPhone 6 will have a 4 inch display! It's common sense!

Search This thread

Planterz

Feb 28, 2014
Tucson, AZ
Watch "Apple - iPhone 5 - TV Ad - Thumb" on YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EY4c2mh15Yk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Classic video! It truly is common sense people!

I'm not sure if this post is made in satire or not. I'm gonna go with satire, since EVERYTHING rumored about the next iPhones say they'll have a 4.7" and 5.5" screen. What that video fails to address is the fact that most people have two hands. And that even on my Galaxy Light (with a 4" screen, same as the iPhone 5), I prefer to use it two-handed rather than one-handed.

Steve Jobs is dead. He had his vision, and right or wrong, there's no denying his influence. But public opinion doesn't seem to agree with his vision, and that's why Androids with bigass screens are popular, and iPhones are getting Android sized. Small phones are great. Big phones are great. Let the customer decide, not some dead over-romanticized douchebag.

packyy

Jul 5, 2014
I don't think bigger is better,but 4.0 inch is too small for me.
And what is the sales point of upcoming iPhone?
Health care? Deeper integration to the OS X(Yosemite)? lol.

orbitA13

Dec 2, 2013
Taguig City
www.darkorbitrom.com
I'm ok with the new Apple iPhone 6 to come out but my opinion is yes bigger is nice maybe even better but is it really what you want holding up to your face if you are not a headphone or blue tooth kind of person ? Also isn't bigger why we have Tablets / Epads for ? I think the new size of the iPhone 6 is as big as anyone should want to hold to their head but like OP (Planterz) says let the people choose what they want. :)

Just my 2 cents..

vnvman

Oct 31, 2009
Alba
I have a Nexus 5 right now and it honestly feels small. My next device will have to be 6". I always wanted to give the iPhone a go someday, but man if they keep making dem tiny phones with crappy battery life that day will never come I suppose.

Daniel120201

May 22, 2012
I think it will still be 4-inch, I still use an iPod Touch 4 with a 3.5 inch screen as my main portable device. A larger screen would make it even more expensive and harder to support by developers since they'll need to support many screen sizes.

I think it will still be 4-inch, I still use an iPod Touch 4 with a 3.5 inch screen as my main portable device. A larger screen would make it even more expensive and harder to support by developers since they'll need to support many screen sizes.
yeah, apple said it's common sense. there is no way they can go against their own word.

subinsg

May 22, 2014
with the rumors goin around and the fact that they have increased their screen size before.....i think they will do it again.....

glossywhite

Dec 24, 2009
with the rumors goin around and the fact that they have increased their screen size before.....i think they will do it again.....

There's LOTS of evidence to show that 4.7" is a definite reality, but NONE to show that the (imaginary) 5.5" will come to pass.

Let me re-iterate that for those who are not so good at piecing together a general likelihood of something being a reality, due to there being NO LEAKS of ANYTHING 5.5", no part image no nothing...

There IS NOT going to be a 5.5" iPhone 6, not this year at least. Come back here and quote me when the 6 is released, and your hindsight will give you the 50/50 vision you will need to see how blindingly obvious that was, had you snapped out of your idealistic daydreams, and woken up to how to do a little (basic) detective work and generally use some common sense.

Last edited:
My old s3 already feels too tiny. And that's 4.8"....

I am never going below 5.7" again. I love the screen on the S5 but it's too bloody tiny. Reminds me of the old gameboys you needed a magnifying lens to use properly...

but is it really what you want holding up to your face if you are not a headphone or blue tooth kind of person ?

I'm perfectly comfortable holding 5.7" to my ear whilst calling, cheers. (and I'm a woman, so there goes the 'hands too small' argument.)

(5.7" and a bit, the otterbox commuter isnt the tiniest of cases)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2