How fast does this thing charge?

Search This thread

techntrek

Oct 29, 2007
MD
big samm, usb devices dont operate like that. The device being charged (phone) regulates the charge rate up to the expected amperage - 500 ma is the normal usb spec and the max most computer ports can supply. To get above that the source/charger must be able to supply it and the phone needs to expect it. Either by assuming the source can supply it - if it cant like when hooked to a computer no harm done, it will just charge slower. Or by getting some signal from the source like my old phone did. The Note's stock charger is 1 amp so that is likely the max charge rate. Very unlikely it would be able to go faster with a 1.8 amp source. For starters that would be dumping 7 watts into a small battery...

jb0nd38372

Feb 11, 2011
Savannah, Tn
Moto G Power
I have the Asus Sabertooth 990fx. It supports USB 3 fast charge. I'm not sure what the output it, but it will charge my phone from 5% to 100% in 3 hours 5 minuets. On the other hand charging from a standard usb 2.0 port it takes over 5 hours to charge.

If any of you have a computer with USB 3.0 support, and your bios supports fast charge you might check into it. It rivals the stock wall charger and you have access to your files while charging,

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
Reactions: Maroon Mushroom

big samm

Mar 31, 2007
Montreal
All I know is my phones charges faster with my 1.8amp chargers...for example today I was streaming a movie on Netflix via 3G in my car with a fast charger 2amp... my battery was at 53% 1h10 mins the phone was fully charged. With a regular Samsung car charger the phone would slowly discharge or slowly charge.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

lowspeed

Dec 24, 2006
All I know is my phones charges faster with my 1.8amp chargers...for example today I was streaming a movie on Netflix via 3G in my car with a fast charger 2amp... my battery was at 53% 1h10 mins the phone was fully charged. With a regular Samsung car charger the phone would slowly discharge or slowly charge.

Which car charger do you have?

big samm

Mar 31, 2007
Montreal
Rocketfish 2amp... forgot the model... But its 2amp they only have one model with this much output!

idanoclo

May 20, 2010
I have noticed the charging differences when using a usb cable thats not Samsung. When using my HTC wall charger and usb cable or my LG combo the charging takes longer than usual compared to samsungs. All three wall chargers specs are the same. When i use the Samsung cable on either chargers it would be a faster charge. Also tested belkin cable and generic one with the same results of the slow charge.

big samm

Mar 31, 2007
Montreal
This is what I use to charge my phones at home with micro USB ports... That's the one with 1.8a.

uploadfromtaptalk1329975123798.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1329975143054.jpg

Maroon Mushroom

Jul 15, 2010
Portland, Oregon
I have the Asus Sabertooth 990fx. It supports USB 3 fast charge. I'm not sure what the output it, but it will charge my phone from 5% to 100% in 3 hours 5 minuets. On the other hand charging from a standard usb 2.0 port it takes over 5 hours to charge.

If any of you have a computer with USB 3.0 support, and your bios supports fast charge you might check into it. It rivals the stock wall charger and you have access to your files while charging,

I'm going to try this out. I have an Asus mobo.

Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.