[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 alpha6: Android 4.0.4 for Samsung Epic 4G Touch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

mad82109

Aug 10, 2009
I think you can switch them in storage if you set to use internal for apps, but I could be wrong.

Happy to report a5 running nice. Both desktop and car dock audio work! Thanks for this.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I think of has something with the Alps not recognizing the emcc directory or something. All the other roms have it as sdcard and then a seperate external_sdcard directory and all my games work fine. They open up and then close after a few seconds.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA

jtsv

Jun 26, 2007
Oklahoma City, OK
I've only been able to get Alpha3 to run in tablet mod and even just tried flashing it with Alpha 5 and it locked up in boot animation so I clean flashed A5 I would rather have tablet mod but I don't want to stay to Alpha's behind in progress.

you know you are addicted when your binary count is 118

when all else fails try reading and following instructions like a woman. It still it didn't run in tablet mod Alpha 5, stuck in boot animation. Just re flashed with a min to spare for my phone to be receiving call's for my daily lunch talk with my wife. Whew! She is constantly telling me to leave my phone alone and just run stock.... Ugh hate stock so I always try to get by in a flash.

Last edited:

riassan

Jan 6, 2008
Pennsylvania
Ooooh....pumped about lock screen weather!

Anyone upgrade yet? How's it feeling?

PS. If you're looking for a good theme for theme chooser, just check out SSD. It's quite awesome and free.

4ceedc42-9ff2-91b0.jpg

4ceedc42-a001-f347.jpg

4ceedc42-a00d-4b19.jpg

Yes been running this for about a week now and it is dead on, good stable build as always and getting about 14+ hour of the charger with moderate usage

I've only been able to get Alpha3 to run in tablet mod and even just tried flashing it with Alpha 5 and it locked up in boot animation so I clean flashed A5 I would rather have tablet mod but I don't want to stay to Alpha's behind in progress.

tablet mod hasn't been updated for newer builds yet

Reactions: samsmalls

jhgti

Sep 24, 2010
KC
Didn't do a full wipe but I also flashed the mod that allows you to put the status bay at the bottom, system iu not responding, went back re flashed without it boot it up no issues battery life is great 6 hours on the charger.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

meatwadathf

Jan 9, 2012
Chicago
Anyone know where I can find a nice looking preferably clear weather widget that will work with this? Tried pulling from other roms but cant get em to install...

TIA.

kobridge

Jan 10, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
CM9 Alpha4 Users -

Could someone help me out to test this tweak for CM9 Alpha4 only?
It's not been tested (I don't have CM9 installed but AOKP build37). Based on my theory, this should work. But I've got some report that my previous tweak 3.2.1 or 3.2 was not worked well on CM9.

So, I need someone (experienced) to test out this. Once the test is done, I'll release the full package for CM9 users. If you are not familiar with CM9, please even don't try this.
Based on previous reporting, this tweak could cause a boot loop. So only the person who is familiar with CM9 and how to recover the system from the boot loop, try this.

What I need to know is,
Is it working fine?
3G/4G/GPS connection? Any lag time? etc...

Flashable zip file is available at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1668853&page=52

deaver_92

Mar 21, 2011
Mountlake Terrace
You won't be able to boot, it will take you to straight to EL29 GB recovery "no need to hold power & volume up" which is safe to wipe/backup/restore any rom you would like. To boot back up into cm9, you will need to have a cm9 flashable zip on your sd card FE22 flashable zip here http://d-h.st/Ikv

Edit I noticed you are on touchwiz, you should be able to boot into the rom as long as you flash a compatible working kernel for it, once you are in the recovery.

Right, so don't make a backup with the directboot kernel unless you are ok with flashing another kernel every time you restore the backup. The directboot kernel prevents booting into any rom at anytime. Reboots land you back in recovery. Just a heads up for those interested. :)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

mikelav456

Dec 12, 2011
Two issues.

1. I am no longer able to "share page" from the browser. For instance, when I try to share on Facebook, it processes for a second then says "unfortunately Facebook Has stopped". I get the same error for email and gmail apps. Any ideas for a fix?

2. The reloaded mod no longer works. it gives me a system ui error that keeps popping up and no notification bar. I have since reflashed without the reloaded mod.
Otherwise, real nice. Thank you!

mjs2011

May 25, 2011
Two issues.

1. I am no longer able to "share page" from the browser. For instance, when I try to share on Facebook, it processes for a second then says "unfortunately Facebook Has stopped". I get the same error for email and gmail apps. Any ideas for a fix?

2. The reloaded mod no longer works. it gives me a system ui error that keeps popping up and no notification bar. I have since reflashed without the reloaded mod.
Otherwise, real nice. Thank you!

Yeah, the CM9 Reloaded Mod has had issues with the most recent CM9 builds. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

CM9 Alpha4 Users -

Could someone help me out to test this tweak for CM9 Alpha4 only?
It's not been tested (I don't have CM9 installed but AOKP build37). Based on my theory, this should work. But I've got some report that my previous tweak 3.2.1 or 3.2 was not worked well on CM9.

So, I need someone (experienced) to test out this. Once the test is done, I'll release the full package for CM9 users. If you are not familiar with CM9, please even don't try this.
Based on previous reporting, this tweak could cause a boot loop. So only the person who is familiar with CM9 and how to recover the system from the boot loop, try this.

What I need to know is,
Is it working fine?
3G/4G/GPS connection? Any lag time? etc...

Flashable zip file is available at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1668853&page=52

Confirmed, 3G. GPS.
I do not have 4g in my area.
Very fast and no lag.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

rickyq12

Jul 31, 2010
Austin, TX
Anyone know where I can find a nice looking preferably clear weather widget that will work with this? Tried pulling from other roms but cant get em to install...

TIA.

A weather widget?
Why did you try to pull one from a rom?

Have you tried the play store?
Plenty of options to choose from.

Beautiful Widgets is a great app.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

Reactions: meatwadathf
FYI

You will see the full package for CM9 Alpha4 tonight!
FYI, 10 char

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

how is build 5 looking for everyone? anyone test battery life, etc?

No issues. I haven't had enough time off the charger to test the battery but mine has always been stellar.
I also expect that Kobridge's tweaks will help even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts