[XS][LT26] Firmware Compilation

Search This thread

Colinn789

Feb 25, 2010
Barcelona
I have just gotten some user reports saying it's the fastest they have tried. Not sure how many fw they have tries and which, and it may be slower then someone els.

Link to Nor fw should be in first post by OP, if not working send me a PM and I'll give u download link.

EDIT: I just saw that u need premium user to download (wtf). I'll upload it on another site asap.

Sent from my LT26i using xda premium

So...just tried CE1 and NO generic FW, coming from the ES-PT. In both CE1 and NO I noted the phone faster loading the widgets and then smoother in general.

Did a AnTuTu Benchmark test (I think there's a discussion in the forum about this) just to have a point of comparison:

ES-PT - 6211
CE1 - 6320
NO - 6512!!!!

Reactions: Sikiduck

Sikiduck

Aug 27, 2010
twitter.com
That's so cool my friend! One more that can confirm the Norwegian firmware is one of the fastest fw's (if not the fastest?).

Yeah, been some discussing about AnTuTu but I think it's a decent benchmark app.

I will upload the Norwegian firmware at another host soon!!! So you guys don't have to be premium Speedy user to download, but you can always send me a PM and I'll provide another link that are for "emergencies"..

shoz_on4u

Aug 25, 2010
Pune
That's so cool my friend! One more that can confirm the Norwegian firmware is one of the fastest fw's (if not the fastest?).

Yeah, been some discussing about AnTuTu but I think it's a decent benchmark app.

I will upload the Norwegian firmware at another host soon!!! So you guys don't have to be premium Speedy user to download, but you can always send me a PM and I'll provide another link that are for "emergencies"..

Hi,
That would be highly appreciated coz here in India still no updates on FW we are still on .62 :( And u know how the battery life sucks on this FW so i decided to install Norway FW since it seems to be the fastest but dont know about battery life. Would you pls share how is ur battery life for this FW?
Thanks and regards.... :)

Sikiduck

Aug 27, 2010
twitter.com
Hi,
That would be highly appreciated coz here in India still no updates on FW we are still on .62 :( And u know how the battery life sucks on this FW so i decided to install Norway FW since it seems to be the fastest but dont know about battery life. Would you pls share how is ur battery life for this FW?
Thanks and regards.... :)

I can't upload until tomorrow but send me a PM if you want it now. :)

I think the battery life is pretty good. It's lasting just over a day with not much use.

Reactions: shoz_on4u

nl2008

Jul 17, 2008
I have just gotten some user reports saying it's the fastest they have tried. Not sure how many fw they have tries and which, and it may be slower then someone els.

Link to Nor fw should be in first post by OP, if not working send me a PM and I'll give u download link.

EDIT: I just saw that u need premium user to download (wtf). I'll upload it on another site asap.

Please sent us new link for Norway Generic. Thanks

neerajk

Jan 14, 2011
Mumbai
i am a lil confused here!
i downloaded the preroot image file....its a rar file and when i extract it i am getting a file named system.img! also i tried renaming the .rar file to .ftf but the flashtool is not recognizing the .ftf. any solutions?

shoz_on4u

Aug 25, 2010
Pune
Hi, first of all thank u very much for the links :) but still get max rile size limit message:mad:. Any ways one question I installed .73 fw refommended by u in first post and it was on 100% at 3am now its 10.30pm I used it moderately no games only calls and 30 mins of music still 40% battery life :) is it the same with ur case?

Sent from my LT26i using XDA

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1337016361411.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1337016361411.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 233

Sikiduck

Aug 27, 2010
twitter.com
i am a lil confused here!
i downloaded the preroot image file....its a rar file and when i extract it i am getting a file named system.img! also i tried renaming the .rar file to .ftf but the flashtool is not recognizing the .ftf. any solutions?

You are suppose to get a image file when you extract the content in the .rar file.
Have you tried flashing the image file in Flashtool? Prerooted img is not the firmware itself, it's just an image of the system firmware that is rooted.

Sikiduck

Aug 27, 2010
twitter.com
Lol, I forgot. You can not use flashtool to flash the img, you need to use fast boot "fastboot flash boot YOURFILENAME.img" and replace the yourfilename.

neerajk

Jan 14, 2011
Mumbai
how can i flash it with xrecovery...i dont have root...i just unlocked my bootloader and trying to install prerooted .73 fw

---------- Post added at 12:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 AM ----------

okay just a last question? how should i do the fastboot procedure? through the flashtool?

---------- Post added at 12:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 AM ----------

Lol, I forgot. You can not use flashtool to flash the img, you need to use fast boot "fastboot flash boot YOURFILENAME.img" and replace the yourfilename.

I was able to finally flash my xperia using QuickIMG App. Made it so much easier, thanks guys for all your suggestions........

hey what is the QuickIMG app? i am encountering the same problem!

meniak

Sep 11, 2008
Oudenaarde
how can i flash it with xrecovery...i dont have root...i just unlocked my bootloader and trying to install prerooted .73 fw

---------- Post added at 12:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 AM ----------

okay just a last question? how should i do the fastboot procedure? through the flashtool?

---------- Post added at 12:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 AM ----------

hey what is the QuickIMG app? i am encountering the same problem!

I am trying to flash a rooted rom on a friend's xperia S (I'm on a galaxy S II myself so new to Xperia)

Trying to fastboot flash this device but it keeps <waiting for device> Anyway I can get it to begin the flash??

shoz_on4u

Aug 25, 2010
Pune
Phone screen turns on and off automatically while listening music

Hi,
I recently flashed my phone with .73 Central Europe FW and strangely sometimes(not always) my phone wakes up while listening music. It turns on for some time and then turns off after a second this repeats 3-4 times and then stops.
Also i listen some creaking sound when the volume is full and the volume automatically sometimes becomes low and then suddenly high. Any ideas about this? Is my phone OK or did i messed up anything while flashing this FW?
Thanks for helping.
Regards

nalbi

Dec 7, 2011
Amman
New To XPS

Hi Guys,
I'm New to XPS can anyone direct me to the steps on how to unlook bootloader and root a .73 firmware.
what softwares do i need and what steps to follow so that i don't brick it :)

all your help is appreciated ;)

---------- Post added at 08:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 AM ----------

i'm in the same senario mate :) , trying to flash my freinds XPS
i found this link, hope it helps:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1527159

Top Liked Posts