Oneplus one or Xperia z2?

Search This thread

PiskopatYazar

Feb 7, 2013
I just seen this phone and I really can't believe the specs of the phone for the price of £260 (16Gb) £290 (64gb).

It's not waterproof or dustproof but to be honest I don't really care cos none of my phone was neither.

http://m.techradar.com/reviews/phones/mobile-phones/oneplus-one-1244307/review

We are talking about £300 cheaper phone with same specs. What do you think guys?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: BassBlaster

deepflash

Jun 6, 2011
Fellbach
It has no stereo speakers and it is 2 mms wider than the Z2. Also, the battery is compared to the Z2's battery quite small, especially if u regard the larger screen and the faster cpu (2,5Ghz vs 2,3Ghz).

mujj

Jun 1, 2012
I just seen this phone and I really can't believe the specs of the phone for the price of £260 (16Gb) £290 (64gb).

It's not waterproof or dustproof but to be honest I don't really care cos none of my phone was neither.

We are talking about £300 cheaper phone with same specs. What do you think guys?

Atm, it is only available through competitions and invite only.

paddylaz

Mar 6, 2012
The One Plus One looks a bit tacky to me....I don't really like how the camera isn't flush with the body. And I prefer unibody.

Of course that price is awesome, but the size is ludicrous. Even the z2 is borderline size wise..

Unless Cupertino pulls something out of the bag this year (quite possible), xperia z2 is easily phone of the year for me.

Reactions: Publicglutton

PiskopatYazar

Feb 7, 2013
The One Plus One looks a bit tacky to me....I don't really like how the camera isn't flush with the body. And I prefer unibody.

Of course that price is awesome, but the size is ludicrous. Even the z2 is borderline size wise..

Unless Cupertino pulls something out of the bag this year (quite possible), xperia z2 is easily phone of the year for me.

I believe this is good for people with limited budget.

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/co...2,Samsung-Galaxy-Note-3/phones/8603,8323,7984

Only cons aganist z2 is, not water or dust proof, wee bit smaller battery, no micro sim card slot and also glass body.

3100 mhz battery vs 3200 mhz not a big deal at all. that battery will last you whole day if you are not playing with your phone all the time.

external micro sim problem can be solved by paying £40 extra and get the 64gb version.

glass body for me is a con if you drop your phone it shatters and you cant use it.

if the z2 price down to £400 in august I can go for it otherwise will think about it :)

MrLeon

Apr 2, 2010
NYC

No hope for the LG G3?

PiskopatYazar

Feb 7, 2013
I have used Cyanmod in my Samsung Galaxy note 2 it is supercool ROM and if you have those specs with that ROM it can fly you up to the sky. I was checking the price actually it doesnt even cost £249 or £299 it cost only £178 for 16gb £209 for the 64GB this is a bargain.

I will definitely give it a go once it is released.

Founder of the company is the ex vice president of Oppo. Oppo find 7a has got similar features but on system chip, memory and ram oneplus one beats it. and Oppo find 7a cost 400 euro which is £350.

This phone might sweep the market off.

Publicglutton

Jan 12, 2009
South West

Attachments

• OnePlus-One-price-and-release-date.jpg
    OnePlus-One-price-and-release-date.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 227

Lolento

Jul 31, 2007
OnePlus is doing a good thing by putting price pressure on the larger OEMs.

But looking at the differences with the Z2:

1. No IPxx certification.
2. Lesser camera
3. No MicroSD
4. Marginally smaller battery
5. Not sure how Google Play (and services like Chromecast) will work on their ROM
6. Not sure about device reliability and support from OnePlus

I would still rather pay a bit more for the Z2. But this is my own preference.

JMonkeYJ

Jul 22, 2008
I think the 1+1 might have an IP cert because in their promo video it shows a bunch of phones being sprayed with water. This probably means the cert isn't as good as the Z2's IPX8 and I haven't seen what their official cert is (if indeed it exists at all), but they seem to be promoting it as at least water resistant.

Personally, the Z2 is about as large as I can handle, and the 1+1 is even larger and made by an unknown company, so I am sticking with the Z2.

Lolento

Jul 31, 2007
I think the 1+1 might have an IP cert because in their promo video it shows a bunch of phones being sprayed with water. This probably means the cert isn't as good as the Z2's IPX8 and I haven't seen what their official cert is (if indeed it exists at all), but they seem to be promoting it as at least water resistant.

Personally, the Z2 is about as large as I can handle, and the 1+1 is even larger and made by an unknown company, so I am sticking with the Z2.

The video you're referring to is quite misleading without any context. The clip may just be showing an oleophobic coating deposition process.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

"No microSD slot"

No thanks then!

I'd prefer Z2 over the 1 + 1 any given day. Because size matters a lot to me, and 1 + 1 is in no way manageable with 1 hand. Also its a fairly new brand.
    Ditto....&...if I was to purchase a larger device I would go for the Oppo Find 7 over the Oneplus any day..;)

This is an example of 4K recording on the Oppa Find 7a, it's the best recording on a mobile I have ever seen:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAzhFOvqm6U

I'd go for a Note 3 if size wasn't an issue. :)

Like someone else stated, Z2 is borderline big. Any bigger and it'll be unmanageable.