[Neo/V] Baseband And Kernel Collection (Update 07/09)

Search This thread

livesourav

Nov 29, 2011
Bangalore
Thanks a lot amrcr7 ... this thread was of a great help to me ... finally am able to revert back to stock after all the testing work ..:D ...

I got one problem now .. I am on Stock kernel and FW .62 but unable to root ... Each time i try to use any root app it says "NO ROOT PERMISSION" but i can see the superuser app installed on ma phone ... can some one help me ???

Last edited:

aimcr7

Jun 14, 2010
Yogyakarta
Thanks a lot amrcr7 ... this thread was of a great help to me ... finally am able to revert back to stock after all the testing work ..:D ...

I got one problem now .. I am on Stock kernel and FW .62 but unable to root ... Each time i try to use any root app it says "NO ROOT PERMISSION" but i can see the superuser app installed on ma phone ... can some one help me ???

Is your bootloader unlocked?
If yes, use rootXperia.zip (use google :p) flash it thru cwm and reboot. :)

Sent from my MT15i using XDA

sreerij

Oct 4, 2009
Bangalore
neo.jpg
[/IMG]

Now i have
Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo V

Firmware - AOSP 4.0.3 ICS BETA FINAL
Rooted - Yes
Recovery - CWM5
Kernel - 2.6.32.9
Bootloader - UNLocked..

there is battery drain problem with ics so i tried to down grade to 4.0.1.A.0.283 kernal with 4.0.2.A.0.42 Baseband ( i read its good combination )

but i am stuck at above screen shot ...

i am not able to flash stuck here ..
tried with fastboot method and sony ericsson repair also what to do help :(

first i tried to flash kernal .283 using flashtool is that correct step ..? but failed

while buying phone was on .62 and rooted with fastboot method ...

Update : I solved the issue After changing log level to debug its working perfectly with flash tool , I dont know why its just a log file am i right ..???

But still have one problem
a) fastboot from cmd is not working only able to flash using flash tool.
(fastboot flash boot boot.img) , so unable to flash most of the kenals all are .img files

b) Not able to install flash tool latest version Bothe windows 7 64 bit and windows xp , may be original file may be corrupt (tried two time fresh download)

Last edited:

aimcr7

Jun 14, 2010
Yogyakarta
neo.jpg
[/IMG]

Now i have
Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo V

Firmware - AOSP 4.0.3 ICS BETA FINAL
Rooted - Yes
Recovery - CWM5
Kernel - 2.6.32.9
Bootloader - UNLocked..

there is battery drain problem with ics so i tried to down grade to 4.0.1.A.0.283 kernal with 4.0.2.A.0.42 Baseband ( i read its good combination )

but i am stuck at above screen shot ...

i am not able to flash stuck here ..
tried with fastboot method and sony ericsson repair also what to do help :(

first i tried to flash kernal .283 using flashtool is that correct step ..? but failed

while buying phone was on .62 and rooted with fastboot method ...

You cant use gingerbread kernel on ICS mate.
Reflash ics beta kernel mate.

Reactions: sreerij

sreerij

Oct 4, 2009
Bangalore
You cant use gingerbread kernel on ICS mate.
Reflash ics beta kernel mate.

No friend i am changing all kenal and firmware (to gingerbread) not on ICS ...
I solved the issue After changing log lever to debug its working perfectly with
flash tool .

b) Not able to install flash tool latest version Bothe windows 7 64 bit and windows xp , may be original file may be corrupt (tried two time fresh download)

aimcr7

Jun 14, 2010
Yogyakarta
No friend i am changing all kenal and firmware (to gingerbread) not on ICS ...
I solved the issue After changing log lever to debug its working perfectly with
flash tool .

Oh sorry.

A. Have you installed SE fastboot driver?

B. Try redownload the file. :)

sreerij

Oct 4, 2009
Bangalore
Oh sorry.

A. Have you installed SE fastboot driver?

B. Try redownload the file. :)

A. installed some time its working perfectly some time its not (when i bought the phone it was .62 so i rooted it with fastboot method.

B. three time i downloaded the file but not working on both windos 7 64 Bit and xp 32 bit , but solved problem by downloading earlier version its working perfectly on windows 7 itself .

c. Now i can only use flashtool is it possible to flash kernel .img file with flashtool, only used .ftf files on it , Because most of the kernal are in the form of .img ... ?

aimcr7

Jun 14, 2010
Yogyakarta
A. installed some time its working perfectly some time its not (when i bought the phone it was .62 so i rooted it with fastboot method.

B. three time i downloaded the file but not working on both windos 7 64 Bit and xp 32 bit , but solved problem by downloading earlier version its working perfectly on windows 7 itself .

c. Now i can only use flashtool is it possible to flash kernel .img file with flashtool, only used .ftf files on it , Because most of the kernal are in the form of .img ... ?

Its possible, but i never use it, i use fastboot methode. :)

cornbaby93

Jul 3, 2008
Works Very Well!

I've flashed kernal .283 plus baseband .64 and i've got a mass increase in battery life and performance on my neo !
but i want to know if i can flash both the kernel and the baseband to neo v as well?
are they using the same kernel and baseband?
Thank you =):)

Reactions: shantusingh

Top Liked Posts