Search This thread

muddledlunacy

May 10, 2012
Help! Bootlooping!

First off, I’ve got an S-Off Sensation, and have clockworkmod installed, and did a Titanium backup before I had any of these problems.

I’ve spent several hours reading through different things on this forum, but I keep getting confused with jargon (my own fault, of course). I was just trying to update my firmware, but I had a rom left on my sdcard that I had forgotten about. I accidentally flashed that rom, which also means I flashed it without wiping (since I didn’t realize I was flashing it). I quickly went into clockworkmod and recovered back to the last time I’d saved (which was like 6 months ago, unfortunately), then wiped and tried to flash the firmware. Now I’m getting a continuous bootloop. When I go to the HBoot screen, this is what I get:
-Revolutionary-
PYRAMID PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
HBOOT-1.27.1100
RADIO-11.22.3504.07_M
OpenADSP-v02.6.0.2226.00.0131
eMMC-boot

I don’t know if that info helps, but I thought I’d include it. I’ve tried doing factory resets, wiping everything, restoring everything through clockworkmod, various combinations of everything…nothing is getting it out of bootloop.

I’m not sure what step to take next. Obviously I figured out enough at one point to root my phone, but that was just after I first got it last fall. I hadn’t done any updates since, which is why I wanted to get the new firmware!

SO, if you could help me out, in layman’s terms, or with clear directions, or just whatever the hell you want to give in the way of help, I would surely appreciate it! I feel like I’ve lost a limb without my phone!

malybru

Retired Senior Moderator
Aug 16, 2006
London
Google Pixel 7 Pro
First off, I’ve got an S-Off Sensation, and have clockworkmod installed, and did a Titanium backup before I had any of these problems.

I’ve spent several hours reading through different things on this forum, but I keep getting confused with jargon (my own fault, of course). I was just trying to update my firmware, but I had a rom left on my sdcard that I had forgotten about. I accidentally flashed that rom, which also means I flashed it without wiping (since I didn’t realize I was flashing it). I quickly went into clockworkmod and recovered back to the last time I’d saved (which was like 6 months ago, unfortunately), then wiped and tried to flash the firmware. Now I’m getting a continuous bootloop. When I go to the HBoot screen, this is what I get:
-Revolutionary-
PYRAMID PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
HBOOT-1.27.1100
RADIO-11.22.3504.07_M
OpenADSP-v02.6.0.2226.00.0131
eMMC-boot

I don’t know if that info helps, but I thought I’d include it. I’ve tried doing factory resets, wiping everything, restoring everything through clockworkmod, various combinations of everything…nothing is getting it out of bootloop.

I’m not sure what step to take next. Obviously I figured out enough at one point to root my phone, but that was just after I first got it last fall. I hadn’t done any updates since, which is why I wanted to get the new firmware!

SO, if you could help me out, in layman’s terms, or with clear directions, or just whatever the hell you want to give in the way of help, I would surely appreciate it! I feel like I’ve lost a limb without my phone!

Hi,

It seems that you have updated the firmware,and should now be able to flash an ICS ROM.
Try THIS ONE
Scroll down ,pick a ROM and use the SuperWipe first.

:)

joaquinf

Sep 17, 2010
Bucaramanga
hi guys
what's actually best rom for htc sensation? for benchmarks
Benchmarks results depends ,among other things, mostly on the kernel/CPU speed rather than the ROM. Personally i don't trust/like/run benchmarks because they are too "theoric" in my opinion. They indeed give you a clue about raw performance but at the end of the day doesn't show anything but numbers.

I'd rather trust in how the phone perform the tasks/games, real daily usage, cpu and batt temp and batt life. Those are some of the factors that help me decide for X or Y kernel or ROM. Kernel/ROM/Settings are a matter of taste and a personal choice, what is great for me maybe it sucks for you or don't suit your needs. Nobody but you can make that choice and you have to try different options for a considerable time to judge whether or not to keep it. However, a good start point is listen for suggestions :D and based on my great experience i'd recommend you to try ARHD with faux kernel.

If you want some help in how to do it, follow this guide and you shouldn't have any kind of problems. Even if you have some, post here or in guide's thread and we are willing to help.

Reactions: undercover

maoyni

May 10, 2012
widgets?

flashed my rom to ARHD 6.6.4
im wondering why the widget section is empty.... any ideas
on a work aROUNd?

maoyni

May 10, 2012
Hi,

I have never seen this problem before. :confused:

It could be a bad download.
I suggest that you download again,and check the md5 checksum.
Then ,reflash the ROM.

:)

i have also noticed that when i exit from applications menu, it shows the htc logo and takes about 10 seconds to load the homescreen....
about the md5 checksum, how do i check it?

might try to re flash the rom if thats your advice...

undercover

Oct 10, 2010
London, UK
i have also noticed that when i exit from applications menu, it shows the htc logo and takes about 10 seconds to load the homescreen....
about the md5 checksum, how do i check it?

might try to re flash the rom if thats your advice...

Go to settings- apps- All- htc sense and clear data. Reboot and report.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using xda premium

jahjah67

Oct 31, 2010
Help!

im trying to flash ARHD rom 6.6.4 and followed every steps in it. somehow after all those it seems like my phone keeps rebooting by itself. well its nt the first time i experienced this kinda.. problem though most of de time problem lidis is mostly due to firmware which is not compatible or smthg lidat? im nt sure im pretty new to this firmware and phone thingy. :S, jz asking for any other possible problem tat will cause my phone like this.

joaquinf

Sep 17, 2010
Bucaramanga
im trying to flash ARHD rom 6.6.4 and followed every steps in it. somehow after all those it seems like my phone keeps rebooting by itself. well its nt the first time i experienced this kinda.. problem though most of de time problem lidis is mostly due to firmware which is not compatible or smthg lidat? im nt sure im pretty new to this firmware and phone thingy. :S, jz asking for any other possible problem tat will cause my phone like this.
Are you able to boot the phone into the ROM or it just keeps rebooting @htc screen?. I'm sorry but, could you please try not to skip letters when typing? .. that was just hard to read :(

jahjah67

Oct 31, 2010
Erm for the firmware im using i think is this one

Firmware from 3.12.401.2/102 RUU
The first firmware in the firmware thread, it works with my phone
Does it contains 11.69.3504.00U_11.22.3504.07_M radio?
And the link is not working for now. :(

For what i did earlier was i just directly clicked firmware download from the ARHD page and it just download PG58IMG which is currently not compatible with my phone :mad:

Man im still studying all these sorry if it sounds stupid. The firmware thread is a pain in the ass.. not really sure what im reading :x

ganeshp

Mar 15, 2012
Hyderabad
Erm for the firmware im using i think is this one

Firmware from 3.12.401.2/102 RUU
The first firmware in the firmware thread, it works with my phone
Does it contains 11.69.3504.00U_11.22.3504.07_M radio?
And the link is not working for now. :(

For what i did earlier was i just directly clicked firmware download from the ARHD page and it just download PG58IMG which is currently not compatible with my phone :mad:

Man im still studying all these sorry if it sounds stupid. The firmware thread is a pain in the ass.. not really sure what im reading :x

You need 3.32 firmware for Latest ARHD and the radio you've mentioned

Can you check the guide joaquinf mentioned in his previous reply .. There is a step on flashing 3.32 firmware.. Please follow that.. And then your phone should come out from bootloop after taht

Sent from my pyramid.. Through blazing fast sonic waves

Reactions: jahjah67

Aggravating

May 9, 2012
Grand Prairie
Help Please. ROMs wont boot.

I have flashed the correct firmware for ICS ROMs. 3.32, the latest one. I have tried to flash a total of 3 ROMs. And everytime i just boot up and it stays on the boot screen. I waited at least 30min to an hour waiting for each one to boot and they just stay on the boot screen. On the last one i checked the md5 sums and everything, and still get stuck at the boot screen. Does anyone know what could be wrong and why my ROMs wont boot? Please Help :(

ganeshp

Mar 15, 2012
Hyderabad
I have flashed the correct firmware for ICS ROMs. 3.32, the latest one. I have tried to flash a total of 3 ROMs. And everytime i just boot up and it stays on the boot screen. I waited at least 30min to an hour waiting for each one to boot and they just stay on the boot screen. On the last one i checked the md5 sums and everything, and still get stuck at the boot screen. Does anyone know what could be wrong and why my ROMs wont boot? Please Help :(

i require more info to completely understand your issue
what is the last custom rom you tried ?
post your complete HBOOT details ...(vol down + power)

also if you have adb/fastboot setup do this
1.keep your device in fastboot mode and connect it to pc (phone reads "fastboot usb" after this)
2.go to your adb folder and type this

fastboot getvar all
post the output here except imei and serial number in the list

then after this i can suggest you the best solution :D

Reactions: Aggravating

Top Liked Posts