My battery life

Search This thread

eggsack

Jul 6, 2011
I am running MikG V 3.11 and the Anthrax Kernel.

I charge my phone using boot manager to boot to a Froyo ROM with netarchy SBC kernel.

441f62cd-629d-279e.jpg

441f62cd-62b0-4308.jpg

As you can see, with the Seidio 3500 battery, I get 36 hours on a charge. It takes sometimes 8 hours or so for the battery to reach absolute full charge. Meaning when plugged in to wall charger, thw mA input is 0 on battery monitor widget.
Been doing this for months now and show no decrease in Battery life.
Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

eggsack

Jul 6, 2011
the 2 spikes are not charges, that is when I did a reboot. I was having trouble getting an app to close completely, so I rebooted the phone to see if I could get it to shut off that way and it worked.

It also does not show that I played Solitare for 5 hours, and spades for 4 hours on there. Not sure why. I was in waiting rooms a few times yesterday and had lots of just sitting time to blow.

jrollercoasters

Oct 4, 2011
im gunna get a siedeo soon, this just got me more excited =] as long as my battery last me all day ill be very happy

eggsack

Jul 6, 2011
Well, the battery will last all day for sure, but if you dont charge with sbc it will never ever charge past 70% capacity no matter what you try.

eggsack

Jul 6, 2011
I think that there are sbc kernels for the asop roms. I am a sense man.

souleman

Aug 9, 2010
Montrose, MI
There is no current Sense gingerbread kernel with SBC. Apparently there are issues with it (not sure, I try not to compile kernels).

OP> I'f your swapping ROM's every day after charging the battery, why not use an AOSP rom with a current SBC kernel? Just curious, because if something comes up where you need the phone asap and don't have a chance to reboot it back to the gingerbread rom, you may run into problems with the radios being built for gingerbread but the rom running froyo.

jroller > no, the lionfish line is not SBC. the more is just the amount of under-volting involved.

NaterTots

Feb 7, 2012
CT
OnePlus 5
OnePlus 7T
To boot between the two really isn't a big issue and while you are booted to the Froyo rom your phone will still be able to make/recieve calls, texts, emails and everything else you might like if it's set up.

The OP probably prefers a Sense Rom so that's why they are not using an AOSP rom i would venture to guess.

Naters

eggsack

Jul 6, 2011
I use Boot Manager to change between ROMs, it only takes the same amount of time to switch as it does to reboot the same ROM.

Boot Manager is a really cool app once you get the ROMs set up correctly.

And I dont like any ASOP ROMs at all. I tried them, just not for me.

volk9029

May 10, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
There is no current Sense gingerbread kernel with SBC. Apparently there are issues with it (not sure, I try not to compile kernels).

OP> I'f your swapping ROM's every day after charging the battery, why not use an AOSP rom with a current SBC kernel? Just curious, because if something comes up where you need the phone asap and don't have a chance to reboot it back to the gingerbread rom, you may run into problems with the radios being built for gingerbread but the rom running froyo.

jroller > no, the lionfish line is not SBC. the more is just the amount of under-volting involved.

There is sense gingerbread sbc kernel. It's by Calne and the name is underworld. Look in the same section as this thread.

Sent from my lair.

yovani24

Apr 21, 2012
I have two batteries my stock battery is bad!!!
Hopefully the EVO LTE will have good battery life