[TOOL]PERI-0.42 One click root+recovery/fix-bootloops+soft-bricks ALL Devices+.27! :D

Search This thread

crzayalex

Jan 15, 2011
Sorry I have so much trouble with this. The path thing fixed the adb error but now it is saying that it 'cannot start 'recoveryblob' : No such file or directory

Thing O Doom

Mar 10, 2012
Phoenix
Does your folder look exactly like this:
attachment.php

With everything in the same dir, except drivers get their own folder. This should make it work right, if it's throwing not found errors.
What OS?

Attachments

• support.jpg
    support.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 1,910

crzayalex

Jan 15, 2011
Thank you! Sorry for causing so much trouble. I am on win7 64bit and my folder looks exactly like yours.

hermitek

Jun 13, 2008
I tried it on unrooted TF101G and it worked with a few hiccups:
1. Please, add readme.txt or additional info to your first post with description of all steps (basically what is in the .bat file comments would be enough), I know you want to make it more simple but I (and probably others) would like to know beforehand what to expect.
2. When the script tried to install the driver, Windows complained that the operation is not permitted (I'm not sure if it's possible to check for failed operations, if it is, it would be better to acknowgledge it and notice the user), trying to run the .bat file as administrator fixed it. I am using Windows 8 preview
3. When trying to run the .bat file by doubleclicking in explorer, the script complained that it doesn't know any adb command. I guess the reason is that it was trying to run it from different location. Running it from the installation location fixed this.
4. The "reboot" command didn't work until the last time, when the tablet was hopefully rooted. I guess it doesn't work with unrooted devices? (maybe tell user that if it doesn't work, then all hope is still not lost and he should reboot manually :) )

But in the end everything worked fine, so thank you.

I keep on getting this in the cmd window
'adb' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file
what do I do with that?
As I mentioned, the reason is probably that the script is trying to run from another location. If you aren't familiar with command prompt:
click Start, run cmd.exe, navigate to the easyrecovery directory (cd something changes the (sub)directory (and cd .. goes to parent directory)) and run the bat file from there

Reactions: crzayalex

miHah

Jun 12, 2011
Ljubljana
www.dinozavri.info
1st try on TF101 B8O and it worked like a charm.
I actualy had to reboot it myself when it said it will reboot, but nevertheless, its perfect!

BTW dev., if you can't make the device reboot (i got the "no permission" error or something like that) just make the ".bat program" say to people that they should turn off the device and turn on then hit any button, just my opinion :D

anyway! GREAT WORK, really really great work! :) im proud on XDA devs :)

crzayalex

Jan 15, 2011
I tried it on unrooted TF101G and it worked with a few hiccups:
1. Please, add readme.txt or additional info to your first post with description of all steps (basically what is in the .bat file comments would be enough), I know you want to make it more simple but I (and probably others) would like to know beforehand what to expect.
2. When the script tried to install the driver, Windows complained that the operation is not permitted (I'm not sure if it's possible to check for failed operations, if it is, it would be better to acknowgledge it and notice the user), trying to run the .bat file as administrator fixed it. I am using Windows 8 preview
3. When trying to run the .bat file by doubleclicking in explorer, the script complained that it doesn't know any adb command. I guess the reason is that it was trying to run it from different location. Running it from the installation location fixed this.
4. The "reboot" command didn't work until the last time, when the tablet was hopefully rooted. I guess it doesn't work with unrooted devices? (maybe tell user that if it doesn't work, then all hope is still not lost and he should reboot manually :) )

But in the end everything worked fine, so thank you.

As I mentioned, the reason is probably that the script is trying to run from another location. If you aren't familiar with command prompt:
click Start, run cmd.exe, navigate to the easyrecovery directory (cd something changes the (sub)directory (and cd .. goes to parent directory)) and run the bat file from there

Thank you! Changing the location solved all the problem!

MC153

Apr 11, 2012
Northern, Utah
Ok I got it to work! I went on my old Windows 7 laptop and did it. Thanks hermitek. You do need to reboot manually if you haven't rooted before. I recommend adding that to the OP. Thanks a lot everyone!

Thing O Doom

Mar 10, 2012
Phoenix
NOTE: You shouldn't need to reboot manually, I found a typo where I accidentally put 'adb shell reboot' (which needs root) instead of 'adb reboot' (which doesn't)
I'll upload V0.3 to fix this, and a few other bugs/typo along with the video + readme.
Now I just gotta figure out this damned camcorder app -_-
EDIT: I can't get cam working :/ and fam's home so I can't record atm without an interruption. Later tonight when things quiet down I'll post the vid-tut, but for now I'll upload V0.3 and a readme.

EDIT2: Readme and V0.3 - Raptor added.

Last edited:
Reactions: crzayalex

Thing O Doom

Mar 10, 2012
Phoenix
I have one :p but team Rouge and Wolf provided the exploit and recovery, I just organized it into a neat zip with a script to run it easily.
Glad it works well :D

Thing O Doom

Mar 10, 2012
Phoenix
Okay, uninstall any ADB related driver stuff you may have.
reboot
Then go into the included android-drivers, right click the .inf file and hit install, then plug your tf in debugging mode and run my PERI V0.3 script.

aus2010

May 17, 2011
This worked almost perfectly for me on .24 (US).

It rebooted all time when needed except at flashing stage where it mentions

"Now we reboot the TF again, you'll see a blue bar.
It will take awhile to fill, then you have recovery!"

It just paused maybe I should have waited but I just rebooted manually by continuously holding the power button , the blue bar then flew across so fast i almost missed it :)

All worked out in the end, confirmed rooted. Thanks mate :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TF101, SL101 and TF101G on ICS firmwares anything else is untested.
    Also should work on TF201 and TF300T on ICS ONLY!
    For Windows, tested on windows 7 x64 bit, xp 32 bit and windows 7 32 bit.
    Your data will be retained, unless you wipe in TWRP or something :p

UPDATE:
    Added V0.41 which includes TWRP
    Also V0.42 which is even newer TWRP!

apk not working sofar :[

If you have a TF201, or TF300T, this will work still, but you need to replace the included file 'recoveryblob' with a recoveryblob from a recovery from your device (download the .zip file for the recovery you want, and extract the 'blob' or 'recoveryblob' file from it and place in PERI folder, naming it recoveryblob and overwriting the otherone!)

Initiate project-PERI:
    Since there's no one-clicks that I've stumbled across, and many people are asking if this-that etc.. works with .24, I've made an easy one-click (ish) that guides you through it and runs the necessary commands.
    Thanks to:
    Team Rouge (I used their touch recovery version)
    Wolf (For his method to flash recovery!)
    Roach (Bootloop fix)
    Members here for testing help :] (I'm bad about typos...)

Download here (feel free to mirror):
    V0.1- Platypus - 13.42MB
    Version 0.1
    Mirror - Thanks Alan1995
    Mirror 2 - Thanks Alan1995

V0.2- Elephant - 13.39MB
    Version 0.2
    Mirror - Thanks Alan1995
    Mirror 3 - Thanks Alan1995

V0.3- Raptor - 13.39MB
    Version 0.3
    Mirror - Thanks Alan1995

V0.4- Indri - 13.39MB
    Version 0.4
    Mirror - Thanks Alan1995

V0.41- TwrpyIndri - 14.29MB
    Version 0.41 (TWRP 2.3.2.3)

V0.42- TwrpyIndri Cutting Edge - 14.15MB
    Version 0.42 -- Recommended (TWRP 2.5.0.0)

Just unzip it to a folder anywhere and run the .bat file!
    Works with or without MicroSD, just let the device totally reboot (E.G. don't let any commands run at the splash screen or in recovery.)
    Fixed reboot confusion in V0.2 -Didn't fix in v0.2, Did fix in v0.3 though

If I did anything wrong, or offended any devs, killed someone's cat, or something else, Please let me know!

Post here with any questions or problems, I tested this and everything worked fine, but still consider it as final? release candidate 4.
    Did it work?
    This should do everything needed, and all is included in zip!

If you want to skip any steps that you've already done if you mess up, just unplug the USB and pretend that it isn't throwing 'device not found' errors, then get back to where you were.
    If superuser isn't installing but you have recovery, try 'fix permissions' in recovery. -- Fixed (hopefully) in V0.2

Read the readme and run as administrator! Video-tut is here!
    **Also attached to thread.**

PERI - Changelog --
    Code:
    [*][B]V0.42[/B]
    -- Added [I]cutting edge[/I] TWRP 2.5.0.0
    -- Thanks jazzruby
    [B]V0.41[/B]
    -- Added TWRP 2.3.2.3 recovery, finally c:
    -- Fixed a couple typos.
    -- Fed a llama candy.
    [B]V0.4[/B]
    -- Added option for ROOT users to just flash recovery.
    -- Added unbrick/bootloop fix option for those that can access adb (hopefully works)
    -- Bug fix, minor layout change.
    -- Second-Last windows release! :D 'Last is auto APX unbrick..' Then the app.
    -- Indri
    [B]V0.3[/B]
    -- Fixed reboot typo that causes failed reboot
    -- Other layout issues and typos
    -- [I]Added a Readme, read it[/I]
    -- Got angry at video recorder for not working.
    -- Raptor
    [B]V0.2[/B]
    -- Fixed a few layout issues and typos.
    -- Added driver autoinstaller for Windows 7. (XP Can still use manual)
    -- Updated the SU zip I was using, hopefully fixes fake error messages.
    -- Fixed reboot confusion (Reordered command layout)
    -- Elephant

[B]V0.1[/B]
    [I]-- Initial Release[/I]
    -- Helps you root and install recovery.
    -- Simple mostly automated batch script.
    -- Driver install guide too!
    -- Reboot bug included!
    -- Platypus
    [/CENTER]

Tl;DR: This installs recovery and walks you through rooting your device from total stock. It includes everything you need, download is above.
    It also functions as a unbrick for soft-bricks where you can access ADB or if your recovery is bootlooping and won't flash anything.

If you already have root: This tool will work on an already rooted tf to install Rouge's latest Touch Recovery (Reads from internal and external)
    --if you're in a bootloop and can boot into android via-cold-boot, this will fix it! :D--
    So if anyone who's already rooted doesn't mind doing further testing on it that would be great, the more reports the better!

If the superuser.zip isn't giving you root (For whatever reason o_O) try flashing the attached SuperSU I packed.

Video:
    How to use PERI to root your Transformer!
    **coming soon**

Unbricking/fix recovery bootloop:
    I added an unbricking help/feature in V0.4 that'll help with bootloops or softbricks. PERI will help you through it.

**If you want to use the 'I'm already rooted just flash recovery' feature, you need to have given adb su access already!!!**

I bricked my tab on purpose using ROM manager to test the unbricker. Seems to work fine, let me know.
    It might have bugs though and not work, in which case 'Don't taze me bro!'
    I pretty much copy-pasted roach's bootloop fix.

--
    If I helped, click thanks! :)

Thing O Doom isn't responsible for bricks, dead cats, or thermonuclear war. (Although I will help you with the first two. Seek a bomb shelter if you experience the third problem.)

The .bat is open-source, download the .zip and take a look at the .bat with notepad++, if you like.

If you're having driver issues, give USBdeview a looksee.
    Uploaded the tool to xda
    I have the same problem... TF101G 9.2.2.4, rooted with PERI 0.4, trying to update to 9.2.2.6 OTA stops in Rogue XM recovery saying "failed to veryfy whole-file signature".

Been searching around now, but there is no clear indication of what is possible and I don't want to risk reading between the lines, so here my question: is there any possible known documented way to update to 9.2.2.6 from 9.2.2.4 with PERI-0.4?

Alternatively, I've also looked at ways to restore stock recovery (and remove Rogue XM), but I haven't been able to find anything clear either (again, I don't want to "guess", it's just too risky for me).

UPDATE:

Nevermind, I found a way, here's the step by step way for people who have the same issue:

1. Go to http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1689193 and download the 1-Click Transformer Root tool

2. Do the process that restores ASUS stock recovery

3. Update OTA to 9.2.2.6

4. (optional) root or flash CWM recovery if you want

(Sometimes it's really hard to search and find solutions for problems, especially when most postings are written for people who already know lots of terms associated with flashing and ROMs, and there rarely is any glossary that explains anything)
    I'll be releasing an On TF101 / TF101G / Slider android App that does the process without needing a computer in a few days, that'll be Version 1.0 of PERI. Glad it's working so well ;]