[Q] Fastboot Moto x AT&T, 4.4.2?

Search This thread

Albi.ema23

Mar 15, 2014
Hi, is been over a week from the ATT 4.4.2 release and i wanted just to ask if someone is working at the full firmware because i really need to flash that after i bad flash an european version without thinking that i had the bootloader locked and an AT&T phone, help! 10 days without and andorid phone!

Albi.ema23

Mar 15, 2014
hem, why the firmware isn't out? someone is working at it? i really need the upload because my phone always boot on fastboot for a bad flash, please

KidJoe

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 23, 2008
Thorndale/Romansville, PA
hem, why the firmware isn't out? someone is working at it? i really need the upload because my phone always boot on fastboot for a bad flash, please
Its not out because Moto doesn't release it... we rely on people to gain access and leak the files.. So there is no set time table for them being available.

I'm sure the people who maintain that site are continually trying to grab the latest SBF files. So as soon as they get access to it, it will be posted.

Albi.ema23

Mar 15, 2014
Its not out because Moto doesn't release it... we rely on people to gain access and leak the files.. So there is no set time table for them being available.

I'm sure the people who maintain that site are continually trying to grab the latest SBF files. So as soon as they get access to it, it will be posted.

ah, so... what i should do? the phone "think" that the last ATT firmware is a downgrade because i tryed to flash the 4.4.2 EU, there is a way or i MUST wait for ATT 4.4.2 firmware?

KidJoe

Aug 23, 2008
can that be flashed on a XT1058 ATT bootloader locked?
Locked bootloader? Not sure. And I really hesitate to suggest flashing roms for other models.
do you think that an motorola service center can do something?
They will likely try and do warranty. But if you flashed with wrong rom, they may not cover it as "under warranty"

Btw, you never really said what rom you tried flashing, and exactly what issues you are having now.

Albi.ema23

Mar 15, 2014
They will likely try and do warranty. But if you flashed with wrong rom, they may not cover it as "under warranty"

Btw, you never really said what rom you tried flashing, and exactly what issues you are having now.

i tried to flash "Blur_Version.161.44.16.ghost_row.Retail.en.EU" with RDS Lite but the flash has stop at the boot "failed sflashing process. 6/17 flash boot "boot.img" then i tried the same with the adb&fastboot after that i turn on the phone and on the screen there was "Failed to hab check for boot: 0x56 preflash validation failed for boot", Failed to hab check for recovery : 0x56 preflash validation failed for recovery , Failed to hab check for boot: 0x56 PIV block validation for system failed Invalid PIV image: system
then i re flashed the original ATT 4.4 and at the boot in the screen was writen Partition (boot) Security Version Downgraded

KidJoe

Aug 23, 2008
i tried to flash "Blur_Version.161.44.16.ghost_row.Retail.en.EU" with RDS Lite but the flash has stop at the boot "failed sflashing process. 6/17 flash boot "boot.img" then i tried the same with the adb&fastboot after that i turn on the phone and on the screen there was "Failed to hab check for boot: 0x56 preflash validation failed for boot", Failed to hab check for recovery : 0x56 preflash validation failed for recovery , Failed to hab check for boot: 0x56 PIV block validation for system failed Invalid PIV image: system
then i re flashed the original ATT 4.4 and at the boot in the screen was writen Partition (boot) Security Version Downgraded
Yeah, once you get 4.4.2 on there you do NOT want to downgrade.

At this point, you can try reading -> http://xdaforums.com/moto-x/general/tut-resurrecting-bricked-moto-x-corrupt-t2629057 but post #120 implies you need the ATT 4.4.2 SBF to really fix it.

KidJoe

Aug 23, 2008
sorry but what does SBF means?
Its an acronym. I'm not sure what each of the letters stand for exactly...

Basically an SBF file is a completely stock system image. You flash it through the RSDlite tool. It will completely revert your phone back to stock. FXZ was also used at one point when referring to such an image.

For the X, the SBF is actually a packed zip file which contains all the parts, and an XML file which tells RSDLite what to flash, in what order, and some stuff. You could also unzip it and use mFastboot to flash the individual parts instead of using RSDLite.

Albi.ema23

Mar 15, 2014
Its an acronym. I'm not sure what each of the letters stand for exactly...

Basically an SBF file is a completely stock system image. You flash it through the RSDlite tool. It will completely revert your phone back to stock. FXZ was also used at one point when referring to such an image.

For the X, the SBF is actually a packed zip file which contains all the parts, and an XML file which tells RSDLite what to flash, in what order, and some stuff. You could also unzip it and use mFastboot to flash the individual parts instead of using RSDLite.

so..that mean i must wait for the 4.4.2 ATT anyway? and that motorola center can't do nothing about it?

KidJoe

Aug 23, 2008
so..that mean i must wait for the 4.4.2 ATT anyway? and that motorola center can't do nothing about it?
to fix it yourself, you need to wait. Or you could do more harm than good.

A moto service center may fix it or send you a refurbished phone. And if they do, they might not cover it under warranty since you have a non-developer edition that you tried to flash the wrong rom too which put you in this situation. i.e. the warranty terms cover defects in materials and workmanship, not drops, getting wet, or other damage from improper operation or use. (flashing the rom for another model or carrier would be considered improper operation or use)... So it might cost $$$

If this is your only phone, and you need it working now, then you have no choice but to call Moto (if Moto Maker) or ATT (if retail non-customized) to see about "warranty" and see what happens. Otherwise use another phone temporarily and just wait for the ATT 4.4.2 SBF to leak, as you should be able to fix your phone by flashing it.

Reactions: Albi.ema23

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ATT just started pushing the OTA... it could be a few weeks until we see a full SBF available. Until then, with a locked bootloader there is nothing you can do, because you can't flash files not signed by motorola.

I'm sure as soon as its available it will be posted here -> http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=0
    to fix it yourself, you need to wait. Or you could do more harm than good.

A moto service center may fix it or send you a refurbished phone. And if they do, they might not cover it under warranty since you have a non-developer edition that you tried to flash the wrong rom too which put you in this situation. i.e. the warranty terms cover defects in materials and workmanship, not drops, getting wet, or other damage from improper operation or use. (flashing the rom for another model or carrier would be considered improper operation or use)... So it might cost $$$

If this is your only phone, and you need it working now, then you have no choice but to call Moto (if Moto Maker) or ATT (if retail non-customized) to see about "warranty" and see what happens. Otherwise use another phone temporarily and just wait for the ATT 4.4.2 SBF to leak, as you should be able to fix your phone by flashing it.