[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] Carbon KitKat 4.4.4[GEE][7/27/14]

Search This thread

LuucaZNuneeZ

Apr 13, 2012
Aracaju
The camera still have low fps issues :/ I'm using the "CARBON-KK-UNOFFICIAL-20140524-1501-e975" the camera is perfect, so why the new versions has this low fps ?

Reactions: dromaius

fjsferreira

Nov 16, 2009
Ponta Delgada
Xiaomi Mi 11i
The camera still have low fps issues :/ I'm using the "CARBON-KK-UNOFFICIAL-20140524-1501-e975" the camera is perfect, so why the new versions has this low fps ?

Exactly, CARBON-KK-UNOFFICIAL-20140524-1501-e975 is gproj based, which has normal working camera. This one is gee based ROM, where camera is awful. I though epic's media_profiles.xml fixed it for me, but I was wrong, i still have pathetically low fps in video.

I don't get why more people aren't complaining about this in al of the gee based roms... It's day and night.

Krusher1973

Feb 23, 2007
My current ROM is CARBON-KK-UNOFFICIAL-20140711-1952, also GEE based (I think- it shows up in About Phone->Build number as carbon_gee-userdebug 4.4.4 KTU84P) and I have no issues at all with low FPS, works as normal. I'm using Ak-xGenesis-gee+ kernel though, maybe that's the difference. I'll try the new rom tonight, and I'll get back to you.

fjsferreira

Nov 16, 2009
Ponta Delgada
Xiaomi Mi 11i
My current ROM is CARBON-KK-UNOFFICIAL-20140711-1952, also GEE based (I think- it shows up in About Phone->Build number as carbon_gee-userdebug 4.4.4 KTU84P) and I have no issues at all with low FPS, works as normal. I'm using Ak-xGenesis-gee+ kernel though, maybe that's the difference. I'll try the new rom tonight, and I'll get back to you.

I'm using ak genesis kernel too. When there's good light, video is great, no problem, the real problem is when at night or in a dark room, video recording with gee based roms is absolutely horrible compared with stock roms and grpoj. Maybe later I'll do a test to show the abysmal difference...

Krusher1973

Feb 23, 2007
Ah, I see what you're getting at. It almost looks like extreme Motion Blur (more or less the same effect as in the effects section of VLC player). Never used video recording in darkness though (even taking photo's with the flash on is.. well crap.) I only use the camera in a well lit environment when I''m too lasy to grab my DSLR (most of the time haha).

becreative

Nov 23, 2012
I have a problem with microphone volume, when headset was plugged. During recording and calling I didn't hear almost anything.. Any solutions?

fjsferreira

Nov 16, 2009
Ponta Delgada
Xiaomi Mi 11i
Well, I went ahead and am in the process of building this ROM, gee version.

I already did a repo sync with carbondev (took all night, finished just this morning, but now I gotta go to work). I think I messed up already, I didn't add vendor, device tree and kernel of gee before doing the repo sync. I should have done this before, right?

I want to use jollaman's kernel, device and vendor stuff, can anyone point me on how to add that to my build environment, considering I already did a successful repo sync with carbondev?

Mind you, this is my first time ever doing this kind of stuff, a detailed guide would be amazing.

I promise, If I'm successful in this, I'll post updates at least once every week.

Thank you.

sonty

Dec 7, 2010
I want to use jollaman's kernel, device and vendor stuff, can anyone point me on how to add that to my build environment, considering I already did a successful repo sync with carbondev?

I've been running a carbon build I made both on my e975 and on my nexus 7 for several months now and didn't feel the need to update. last time I tried to build it my cpu reached 90 degrees and the laptop shutdown :).
what I did was to add a default.xml under .repo/local_manifests. it contains the following:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
  <project name="Kevindeving/android_device_lge_e975" path="device/lge/e975" remote="gh" revision="kk" />
  <project name="CyanogenMod/lge-kernel-gproj" path="kernel/lge/gproj" remote="cm" revision="cm-11.0" />
  <project name="CyanogenMod/android_device_lge_gproj-common" path="device/lge/gproj-common" remote="cm" revision="cm-11.0" />
<!--
  <project path="hardware/qcom/fm" name="legaCyMod/android_hardware_qcom_fm" revision="cm-11.0" />
  <project path="packages/apps/FM2" name="legaCyMod/android_packages_apps_FM2" revision="cm-11.0" />
  <project name="lge-kernel-gproj" path="kernel/lge/gproj" remote="cr" revision="kk" />
-->
</manifest>
remotes gh and cm are defined in the main manifest. I tried to add also FM support but compilation keeps failing.
when you will run lunch, brunch or whatever build command it will add entries for the same projects in roomservice.xml and will try to get them from the cr remote and it will fail because they don't exist there. I just removed roomservice.xml and called make.

fjsferreira

Nov 16, 2009
Ponta Delgada
Xiaomi Mi 11i
I've been running a carbon build I made both on my e975 and on my nexus 7 for several months now and didn't feel the need to update. last time I tried to build it my cpu reached 90 degrees and the laptop shutdown :).
what I did was to add a default.xml under .repo/local_manifests. it contains the following:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
  <project name="Kevindeving/android_device_lge_e975" path="device/lge/e975" remote="gh" revision="kk" />
  <project name="CyanogenMod/lge-kernel-gproj" path="kernel/lge/gproj" remote="cm" revision="cm-11.0" />
  <project name="CyanogenMod/android_device_lge_gproj-common" path="device/lge/gproj-common" remote="cm" revision="cm-11.0" />
<!--
  <project path="hardware/qcom/fm" name="legaCyMod/android_hardware_qcom_fm" revision="cm-11.0" />
  <project path="packages/apps/FM2" name="legaCyMod/android_packages_apps_FM2" revision="cm-11.0" />
  <project name="lge-kernel-gproj" path="kernel/lge/gproj" remote="cr" revision="kk" />
-->
</manifest>
remotes gh and cm are defined in the main manifest. I tried to add also FM support but compilation keeps failing.
when you will run lunch, brunch or whatever build command it will add entries for the same projects in roomservice.xml and will try to get them from the cr remote and it will fail because they don't exist there. I just removed roomservice.xml and called make.

Thank you, I'm trying to build gee instead of gproj though (to get stock camera drivers).

I'm now building roms sucessfully, already built aokp and aicp with jollaman's gee vendor and device stuff.
But both roms I get a lot of these errors. Can anyone figure out how to fix these?

http://pastebin.com/Nv6DjyRk

dromaius

Dec 4, 2008
Thank you, I'm trying to build gee instead of gproj though (to Can anyone figure out how to fix these?
http://pastebin.com/Nv6DjyRk

I look like a not or wrong mounted "root" device. Look selinux was able to read the configuration an some millisecond after the first "[3.474365 / 09-23 03:24:24.531] init: could not import file '/init.recovery.geehrc.rc' from '/init.rc'" error occurs. My hint look for the filessystem/device definitions.

my $2, Dromaius

Reactions: fjsferreira

Top Liked Posts