[Q] 360 Security needs root access to remove trojan

Search This thread

King Jojo

Jun 21, 2014
Hi!
I have an LG G2 on T-Mobile - for the 2 months I've had it, the device has been real swell. Super fast, nice screen, whatever.
I have AVG Security installed, as well as Lookout Mobile Security and 360 Security. I'm paranoid, whatever.
So I was doing a scan using 360 Security, because my phone was acting slow (OH NO AN LG G2 HAS BEEN SLOW WHAT HAS THE WORLD COME TO!!!). The scan concluded that I trojan. Specifically, it says:
Malware(1)
demo stub
Trojan(In ROM)

So I tap on "Finish", which leads be back to the screen for scanning the phone. I then tap on "Resolve All", which brings up a pop-up message box:
"Warning
The listed malicious programs have been flashed into the system directory. Root privileges are required to remove them. Please grant root privileges to 360 Security or re-flash your device with an official ROM.

demo stub
Trojan"
My only option here is to click "OK", at which point nothing else happens.

1. How can I allow 360 Security root access?
2. I've never rooted my device, nor have I done anything fancy with it (except I've been using Nova Launcher, that shouldn't cause any issues), so how could this have happened? No apps from unknown sources have been downloaded - and any app from the playstore that was scanned upon downloading as adware, malware, trojan, or posing any security threat was uninstalled immediately.

I really don't know a lot about this stuff, so I'm worried my phone will only get progressively slower, and perhaps someone out there is accessing any "information" on my phone. So how can I get 360 Security root access so it remove the trojan?
Thank you in advance!

Arch9

Dec 26, 2012
Jakarta
i don't trust any antivirus app on my android
what i'm do if my phones become slow down, i'm just backup all the data+app and factory reset it.
btw if you want to get 360 security root access you must get rooted

Last edited:

King Jojo

Jun 21, 2014
Alright, thank you Arch9. What do you use to backup your phone?
Will factory resetting get rid of the Trojan?

Sent from my LG-D801 using XDA Free mobile app