The ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity Thread

Search This thread

banone

Nov 7, 2007
I am continually oscillating between excitement and disappointment.

I really ought to unsubscribe from this thread! I ;)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

In my opinion, half the fun is the anticipation. The other half is the endless elaboration over spec sheets and scouring the net for rumours of the next great thing. The device itself landing on the doorstep is just a bonus:D

---------- Post added at 10:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 AM ----------

Spaceworld wrote on facebook that the presale would be closed once the first 15 tablets were sold. On their website, the new date now is June 26. That's almost a whole month later!! It'll be interesting to see what happens come the end of the month. I'm realisticly pessimistic, but cautiously optimistic.

JTHM

Aug 10, 2005
Northants
At the beginning of the year I had a pre-order in with Clove.co.uk for a Prime but had to cancel with a view to re-ordering after a couple of months. In the end Clove never did stock the Prime and I'd made the decision to hold out for the Infinity.

This week I fired off an email to Clove asking what their intentions are for the Infinity. As is always the case with Clove Customer Services I received a response very quickly - however it didn't contain the news I was hoping for... though they do intend to stock the Infinity they too have had no information from Asus but are currently not expecting stock until August, or September even :eek:

That is truely miserable news and for me explains why we've had no info to date from Asus UK.

I think that my course of action will be to see if the Infinity is indeed released in other markets earlier and watch for feedback and reports from users in those markets before deciding whether to import one (which I do quite a lot of) or wait it out.

On the other hand it may be indicative that Asus are negotiating another stupid "exclusive" like they've done with the TF300 and the Dixons Group.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

borchgrevink

Jul 5, 2010

helfone

Dec 19, 2009
Spaceworld wrote on facebook that the presale would be closed once the first 15 tablets were sold. On their website, the new date now is June 26. That's almost a whole month later!! It'll be interesting to see what happens come the end of the month. I'm realisticly pessimistic, but cautiously optimistic.

Will be very interresting to see if they manage to ship 15 out by the 28th. That would be awsome and if it turns out to be true im gonna bang my head in the wall for being a cheap bastard going for dustin.no since they are a little cheaper...

David Dee

Nov 12, 2010
Toronto
This speculation is torture, I want dates! I may just keep my tf300t, I have to say it has way exceeded any expectations I had, and am really liking it....but full hd resolution....so torn....:(

Jdor

Jul 20, 2009
ASUS TF700 Infinity Tablet Gets July Launch

ASUS TF700 tablet might be known by more people as the Transformer Pad Infinity.

Apparently, we now know when the company is going to start shipping this thing, and it won't be as soon as we'd hoped.

After seeing the FCC filing just hours ago, we thought it wouldn't be more than a week or two before the official release.

Alas, the ASUS Australia Facebook page mentioned July, so more waiting awaits.

“Thanks for your interest, TF700 is expected to arrive around July time frame, we’ll keep everyone update when more information becomes available, stay tuned.”

The TF700 will have a display with a native resolution of 1,920 x 1,200 pixels at 224ppi. In other words, that Tegra 3 chip will be able to work at its best even without having to plug a TV into the Android 4.0 slate's video port.

Source: http://news.softpedia.com/news/ASUS-TF700-Infinity-Tablet-Gets-July-Launch-271281.shtml

blueshirt89

Apr 12, 2012
Hey, so I have been following this thread for quite awhile, and as one of the many Americans who are waiting anxiously for the tf700t to be released, I was wondering if any of you from the US have preordered from any of these international online stores? I looked at the one site, I believe spaceworld.no, and it didn't appear I could get it shipped to the US.

Evergreen74

Feb 29, 2012
Here in Spain, Asus has already confirmed that the Infinity will be available from july...

Enviado desde mi GT-I9000 usando Tapatalk 2

XabiX666

Nov 2, 2010
it's been very disappointing from Asus not to inform their customers.
People are desperately waiting with no news.

I have been waiting since the MWC and avoiding to stop by an Apple store but to say the truth Asus will gain to communicate better on availabilities and why not allow shop to take pre-orders.

I really hope we will get them mid-June as planned. I hope their tablet will be well QA and that the quality will be there otherwise many people will never buy anything back from them.

Usually things get release 1st in the US etc.. Strange that EU is 1st this time, hopefully it's not to leverage a flapping entrance (as some people where saying some pages ago).

snyph3r

Jun 23, 2011
Calgary
ACER communicated in their facebook that A700 will be shipped June 11-17, I may get this instead, as much as I want to get the Infinity I just cant wait anymore. I'm afraid that the money I saved may get used for something else. If Asus will get shipped around the same time, then i might wait a bit... but July -Aug in US? Acer wins...

d14b0ll0s

Sep 4, 2011
Does anyone have a good link for a comparison between the TF700T and the A700?

At least the Acer is in pre orders and the price is "much" lower:
http://www.topachat.com/pages/detai..._ref_est_in10060221_puis_origine_est_aff.html

Good point, but not so much lower, the price stated is for the 32GB version of A700, so probably about 50€ less than the corresponding version of TF700T (and it is both heavier and weaker than Infinity, I have been thinking of buying one because of good experience with Acer too, but it's not really the same, plus the dock...)

...and I am still kind of hoping for the 3G version with less battery-hungry Snapdragon S4.

Last edited:

rushless

Jan 16, 2008
I agree with July being a lot more likely than June.

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

Good point, but not so much lower, the price stated is for the 32GB version of A700, so probably about 50€ less than the corresponding version of TF700T (and it is both heavier and weaker than Infinity, I have been thinking of buying one because of good experience with Acer too, but it's not really the same, plus the dock...)

...and I am still kind of hoping for the 3G version with less battery-hungry Snapdragon S4.

The catch is that would be over $750 with the dock, so seems a better buy to get a Windows 8 low volt laptop with the generation 3 chipset.

Of course, I paid $700 for a 64gb iPad 3, so what the heck do I know?? :confused:: ;) Hypocrite personified.

Norcalz71

what I am most curious to see is if they can actually deliver the thing. the Prime is STILL barely anywhere to be found...there are either parts shortages or they are purposely restricting stock (other reason, feel free to chime in, FLYING off the shelves is not an answer, they simply aren't that hot or they would bump up production).

300 seems to be available. they better fix the hardware related issues from the prime and actually be able to stock the thing. It sucks for a release when you can either A) be an early adopter and maybe face some serious issues or B) wait to see how the first few weeks go, but be unable to buy the damn thing after that because its not available anywhere.

Please be flawless

Screwedupsmitty

Nov 25, 2011
NE Ohio

Heavier, ok, get to the gym if u cant hold ur tab. Weaker, how? Same tegra 3 processor, maybe a slower clock but with root we can push that to the same levels. Honestly, I feel safer buying the acer because the worst problem with it is maybe some heat dispersion issues, which is relatively normal since anything nvidia makes runs at about a million degrees anyways, and fixed with a case. Asus on the otherhand has wifi/bt/lightbleed/supply issues in a high percentage of tablets. Toshiba has terrible lightbleed as well (will return mine in the next week). If i am paying for a 1080p screen, i was my blacks black. Acer is the only company so far to be able to deliver a quad core without major hangups and I say kudos to them for undercutting asus. They may not have the dev scene now, but I'm hoping that changes when they notice how sexy the a510 is and the 700 to follow. Battery life is faaarrrrr superior, probably even out lasts the acers with a dock. 10 hours easy on the a510 streaming netflix.

Heres gonna be the deciding points for educated people such as ourselves on XDA
TF700t
1. 600nit screen
2. Keyboard dock (remember thats +150$)
3. Aluminum
4. Likely to have screen bleed wifi/bt issues
5. High risk for early adopters

A700
1. Likely superior battery life out of the box (wait to be seen if its > w/ dock)
2. No screen wifi/bt issues
3. Likely to be well stocked after first few weeks
4.Likely to run hot on chipset side during extended gaming use
4. Low risk for early adopters

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts