A breif review of the Lepow Modre Bluetooth Speaker

Search This thread

speedyink

Sep 10, 2010
I'm not gonna write a long review for this, because it's hard to explain sound in text. So if you want slightly more in depth, here is my video unboxing + review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAC-e-4jCN8

But here's the short text version:

It's awesome. Why? Well if you care at all about how speakers sound, and have experience in small speakers at around the 1 1/2" size, then you'd know that this thing is a freakin enomaly. It sounds, way, bigger than anything in it's size. Let's compare it to a Sony MBS-100, a couple years old, yes, but it was still a $130 product, and Sony is pretty good at making small speakers sound good. The Modre destroys it in terms of both volume, and sound quality, and up until I got the Modre, I thought the Sony sounded pretty darn good. To kind of explain how it sounds better, it basically sounds like a bigger speaker, providing much higher audible frequency response than any other speaker in this size I've heard. The mid frequencies aren't way overblown like some speakers in this category either, which provides a real pleasurable audio experience. Basically what I'm trying to say, it sounds damn good.

Battery life is good to say the least. It's rated for 7 hours at 50% volume. I gave up testing at 25 hours, at 80% volume, using the 3.5mm audio jack. The testing material was about half and half movies and music. I can't imagine bluetooth being a huge draw compared to the amp powering the pint sized monster, so I'm sure it would last 7 hours with bluetooth on. I haven't tested bluetooth battery life though, so take that as you will.

Sound and battery life are really the main things I care about in a bluetooth speaker, so that's really all I'll cover. Yes, it's small, easy enough to fit in a jacket pocket. Yes, it works fine for bluetooth phone calls. Yes, the range is good enough to walk 20-30 feet away with no issues. But honestly, it's the sound quality that steals the show here.

Here's my final point. It's $25 from Amazon at the time of this writing. Honestly, at that price, I wasn't expecting much, but to my pleasant surprise, I've found the best speaker in this size I've ever heard. Who'd a thunk.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:

ej8989

Jul 8, 2012
Manila
Sounds pretty awesome for a bluetooth speaker that small (judging from the sound coming out of my Dunu DN1000).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm not gonna write a long review for this, because it's hard to explain sound in text. So if you want slightly more in depth, here is my video unboxing + review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAC-e-4jCN8

But here's the short text version:

It's awesome. Why? Well if you care at all about how speakers sound, and have experience in small speakers at around the 1 1/2" size, then you'd know that this thing is a freakin enomaly. It sounds, way, bigger than anything in it's size. Let's compare it to a Sony MBS-100, a couple years old, yes, but it was still a $130 product, and Sony is pretty good at making small speakers sound good. The Modre destroys it in terms of both volume, and sound quality, and up until I got the Modre, I thought the Sony sounded pretty darn good. To kind of explain how it sounds better, it basically sounds like a bigger speaker, providing much higher audible frequency response than any other speaker in this size I've heard. The mid frequencies aren't way overblown like some speakers in this category either, which provides a real pleasurable audio experience. Basically what I'm trying to say, it sounds damn good.

Battery life is good to say the least. It's rated for 7 hours at 50% volume. I gave up testing at 25 hours, at 80% volume, using the 3.5mm audio jack. The testing material was about half and half movies and music. I can't imagine bluetooth being a huge draw compared to the amp powering the pint sized monster, so I'm sure it would last 7 hours with bluetooth on. I haven't tested bluetooth battery life though, so take that as you will.

Sound and battery life are really the main things I care about in a bluetooth speaker, so that's really all I'll cover. Yes, it's small, easy enough to fit in a jacket pocket. Yes, it works fine for bluetooth phone calls. Yes, the range is good enough to walk 20-30 feet away with no issues. But honestly, it's the sound quality that steals the show here.

Here's my final point. It's $25 from Amazon at the time of this writing. Honestly, at that price, I wasn't expecting much, but to my pleasant surprise, I've found the best speaker in this size I've ever heard. Who'd a thunk.

Thanks for reading.