what is the relation between internal sd card and internal storage?

Search This thread

dalvikna

May 12, 2014
seems apks are installed to internal storage, then what is the function of internal sd card?
which kind of data would be save to internal sd card?

btw, it seems /data folder is on the internal storage, how can i move this folder to internal sd card?

Blefish

Aug 19, 2011
seems apks are installed to internal storage, then what is the function of internal sd card?
which kind of data would be save to internal sd card?

btw, it seems /data folder is on the internal storage, how can i move this folder to internal sd card?

It's kind of complicated.

Huawei's setup on U8800 goes like this:
/data - standard APK installation, all settings & other OS stuff saved in there.
/HWUserData - almost exactly like external SD card, but apps cannot be installed on it (if I remember correctly external SD was default).

The reason it was designed like this was to enable media storage without SD card in pre-ics. Nowadays, most devices use combined /data (/data used for both apks, and also media like audio, files). The reason /datamedia is used is to have the same space available, but you can use it for how you want. On U8800 we cannot do that (standard 600MB for /data, 2GB for /HWUserData in stock).

Oh, and since /data and /HWUserData are different partitions, you really can't move these around. They are mounted onto Android.