Some Random Thought. Do not read if I were you :)

Search This thread

deedii

May 25, 2011
Beware of too much phone obsession.

Are you experiencing this?
1. Spending most of your time in the forum pressing F5 to see some new updates to flash?
2. Asking repeated ETA?
3. Feeling frustrated waiting for the new release?
4. Cant sleep thinking about the new ROM.
5. Holding your phone the whole day?

If you feel some of those symptoms then be very aware.
Remember that we control the device not the device controls us.
Dont ever exchange the precious happy moments you should have to spend with your family and friends rather than stressing yourself at the forum.
We do all the fun here for free, so it should be done as well in our free time.
We do all of this stuff also for fun, so it should be fun, not hurt feelings nor frustration.
Most of us didnt understand that dev/mods are people too, they are not paid they do service for free.
If someone troll/flame we react as well harsely, should it always have to be harsh? cant we speak nicely? What is the difference when you say it in a nice way rather than the other way?
If you feel anger/annoyed about what you read then stay away on your pc/laptop/mobile. Deep breath will help or a lil walk.
If you feel tired, then rest and work again if you regain strenght.
Life is short so dont let machine rule us. I know we feel happy and fun about this stuff but too much is dangerous.

The no. 1 rule I guess here in the forum is "TREAT OTHERS AS YOU WOULD HAVE THEM TREAT YOU".
If you troll/flame then dont expect that people will help and be nice at you.
If you ask nicely and help, well there will be so much help for you when you face problem.

Am I saying any sense here? Hahaha just random thought. :)

Good day earthlings.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 3493119

Yeah, all things:p

But I do other things too

Skickat från min ST18i via Tapatalk 2

Vicky26

Feb 22, 2012
I won't bother on the first things about "obsession", but on your thoughts about behaviour.

First of all, there are actually people here who are devs and they speak to people far worse than the usual "trolls". Yet no one says anything exactly because they are devs, even though there are some examples of them acting like this before even posting anything worthy.

Next, I will never agree with the "devs do this with no money blah blah" yes ok, we do understand that, we respect that, we utterly appreciate that, but that doesn't mean that they are above criticism.Don't forget that it was their choice to post their work in public, so justified criticism must be expected.

Having said that,I also say I really appreciate people that are not devs, yet they do make roms but they behave people with some humility.

If someone annoys us, it's not always us that have to "take a breath", it may be that the person is really annoying.

And last, no, the device doesn't control us.It affects us though to the extent of lagging, for example, when you mostly need it. Imagine having to make an extremely important phone call, and then it decides to lag as hell and fc everything.This is why I don't think people that press F5 to see if there's development on their favourite rom, are obsessed.

deedii

May 25, 2011
Hi Vicky,

Thanks for your sentiments :)

I know what you are trying to say on your first paragraph. I know some people do speak maturely, I wrote it in general so that message is for everyone and thanks for emphasizing your observation.

If your talking about donations involved well arent they worthy? But if your doubting maybe you could ask them. Heres the truth. The benefit of being "Recognized Developer" here in the forum is just the tag itself if we are talking about money here. Aside from that nothing except on the donations they got from there work. I dont know if I understand you well ("devs do this with no money blah blah") correct me if Im wrong.

One thing we cannot please every people thats why were created uniquely :)
Ofcourse its always us. Why? Coz simply we cannot control nor mandate on the "annoying person". If they are pure evil they will just laugh at you which causes more annoyance and worst anger on you. So as long as you can run from it run. :)

The setup of our device actually depends on us. Take note that device has limitations if you exceed on that certain limitations then expect that there will be problem along the way. We will not experience any lags, error etc if we do not over push our device to its extent. Whos to blame the device, the rom? I dont think so :)
We do this to improve our device yes thats why its up to us to pick with suites on our needs.

Again Im happy to read some people who do care :)

Thanks,

with love,
deedii :)

Vicky26

Feb 22, 2012
Hej!

First, I was not talking about donations.I believe that every one who is able to donate to the devs, should do this, simply because devs spend time from their life to make these roms. I was trying to say that, while I really appreciate these people, that doesn't mean we should always hush on things they say, and mistakes they make...

i don't really agree with you on the part that we push out devices...It's not that much to ask from a phone to make a call or send an sms, when you have minimum apps installed and no other apps running... I am saying this because I have experienced this, this is clear, and there where times where the rom simply failed to do so while others managed.
That's why I am saying that, for example, when people are on MiniCm9 thread all day is because it is very good so far, there's only on big thing missing, and since weeks ago we had news that camera is working, partially though, it's not that weird that people are all over it...
Not to take account how much people had been waiting for a fully working ICS.

Finally though, I do have to agree about many people being so completely obsessed and also asking too many things from poor X8. The device itself is amazing, considering that it was released 1.5 year ago and with a small price, and it's a born survivor(this device has been through everything-falls, sand, water, not to mention endless messing with kernels and such), but we have to accept that we won't get fireworks from it...

ps.Nice to have such conversation, you know, with disagreements but with class ;)

deedii

May 25, 2011
Oh well we agree on certain things. :)
Imagine joining a horse race and your ridding on a donkey.
Simply choose what is best for you :)

Mockingbird

Mar 24, 2012
Bucharest
You forgot to say when you stay on WC for 1 hour playing on phone :) I do this...now i like to go to take a s**t.

Sent from my E15i using XDA

wilbso

Aug 18, 2011
The Internet
www.youtube.com
I view XDA from my point of pleasure. Don't take that the wrong way.

Sent from my R800i using xda premium
Hehehehehe......

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

I view XDA from my point of pleasure. Don't take that the wrong way.

Sent from my R800i using xda premium

Hey shane, ir forgot to say, your sig needs updating, its needs to say xperia play in it ;)

elderduke

May 2, 2011
hey Deedii

It is said that women have a few thousand words per day, more than men, that they have to spend.
So, I'm glad you do that, and thanx for everything, involvement and such, but please consider that maybe some guys are not so generous with words. This might sometimes seem like not caring...
Anyways, keep it up, you do a great job.
Cheers.

---------- Post added at 02:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 PM ----------

You forgot to say when you stay on WC for 1 hour playing on phone :) I do this...now i like to go to take a s**t.

Sent from my E15i using XDA
man, hope you wash your hands LOL;)

lucastan96

Dec 9, 2011
Malacca
Man, hope you washed your hands LOL.

That sentence made me laugh out loud! Oh no, I am in the WC now myself..:D

Sent From My W8 Using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Beware of too much phone obsession.

Are you experiencing this?
    1. Spending most of your time in the forum pressing F5 to see some new updates to flash?
    2. Asking repeated ETA?
    3. Feeling frustrated waiting for the new release?
    4. Cant sleep thinking about the new ROM.
    5. Holding your phone the whole day?

If you feel some of those symptoms then be very aware.
    Remember that we control the device not the device controls us.
    Dont ever exchange the precious happy moments you should have to spend with your family and friends rather than stressing yourself at the forum.
    We do all the fun here for free, so it should be done as well in our free time.
    We do all of this stuff also for fun, so it should be fun, not hurt feelings nor frustration.
    Most of us didnt understand that dev/mods are people too, they are not paid they do service for free.
    If someone troll/flame we react as well harsely, should it always have to be harsh? cant we speak nicely? What is the difference when you say it in a nice way rather than the other way?
    If you feel anger/annoyed about what you read then stay away on your pc/laptop/mobile. Deep breath will help or a lil walk.
    If you feel tired, then rest and work again if you regain strenght.
    Life is short so dont let machine rule us. I know we feel happy and fun about this stuff but too much is dangerous.

The no. 1 rule I guess here in the forum is "TREAT OTHERS AS YOU WOULD HAVE THEM TREAT YOU".
    If you troll/flame then dont expect that people will help and be nice at you.
    If you ask nicely and help, well there will be so much help for you when you face problem.

Am I saying any sense here? Hahaha just random thought. :)

Good day earthlings.
    I won't bother on the first things about "obsession", but on your thoughts about behaviour.

First of all, there are actually people here who are devs and they speak to people far worse than the usual "trolls". Yet no one says anything exactly because they are devs, even though there are some examples of them acting like this before even posting anything worthy.

Next, I will never agree with the "devs do this with no money blah blah" yes ok, we do understand that, we respect that, we utterly appreciate that, but that doesn't mean that they are above criticism.Don't forget that it was their choice to post their work in public, so justified criticism must be expected.

Having said that,I also say I really appreciate people that are not devs, yet they do make roms but they behave people with some humility.

If someone annoys us, it's not always us that have to "take a breath", it may be that the person is really annoying.

And last, no, the device doesn't control us.It affects us though to the extent of lagging, for example, when you mostly need it. Imagine having to make an extremely important phone call, and then it decides to lag as hell and fc everything.This is why I don't think people that press F5 to see if there's development on their favourite rom, are obsessed.
    As lil Jon would say " Yeeaaah! " :D
    Up for new audience to read :)