[Q] Screen Sensitivity

Search This thread

idoluvizsick

Apr 28, 2012
Hey guys.
I've got a pretty annoying problem. The screen of my z1 is too sensitive to the touch. Sometimes when I use the device it starts to open random apps and it's because of the oils of the fingers. When I wipe the screen it's working perfectly fine but if even a little liquid touches the screen it starts acting all weird. I've noticed that this is happening after I removed the Anti Shatter Film. I tried to edit the clearpad.idc which is supposed to decrease the sensitivity levels but I haven't noticed any difference at all. I have read about other people having similar problems like screen not recognizing the touch every now and then. It works perfectly fine for me when on flat surface and everything. The touch input in diagnostics app never fails as long as the screen is clean so I don't think the hardware is faulty(at least not in my case.) I would appreciate any help! Thanks

EDIT: Actually fixed this by editing the clearpad.idc. I set the screen touch filter to 6 and then set the chmod 644 permissions which I didn't do before and this might've caused it to not work before. Been testing for 10 minutes and everything working perfectly. :))

Last edited:
Reactions: sfex3best

aooga

Feb 19, 2011
California
Hey guys.
I've got a pretty annoying problem. The screen of my z1 is too sensitive to the touch. Sometimes when I use the device it starts to open random apps and it's because of the oils of the fingers. When I wipe the screen it's working perfectly fine but if even a little liquid touches the screen it starts acting all weird. I've noticed that this is happening after I removed the Anti Shatter Film. I tried to edit the clearpad.idc which is supposed to decrease the sensitivity levels but I haven't noticed any difference at all. I have read about other people having similar problems like screen not recognizing the touch every now and then. It works perfectly fine for me when on flat surface and everything. The touch input in diagnostics app never fails as long as the screen is clean so I don't think the hardware is faulty(at least not in my case.) I would appreciate any help! Thanks

Isn't it supposed to be that sensitive so it can work with a pencil as a stylus? At least I think this was the phone Sony said can do that.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys.

EDIT: Actually fixed this by editing the clearpad.idc. I set the screen touch filter to 6 and then set the chmod 644 permissions which I didn't do before and this might've caused it to not work before. Been testing for 10 minutes and everything working perfectly. :))