[Q] 2nd Attempt Anyone know how to roll back to 4.2

Search This thread

halotek

Jul 25, 2011
Hi, I am currently on 4.3 and would like to roll back to 4.2. What is the easiest way to do this with TWRP and not odin.

Last edited:

jlmancuso

Apr 26, 2011
houston, tx
Hi, I am currently on 4.3 and would like to roll back to 4.2. What is the easiest way to do this with TWRP and not odin.

I guess your talking about using AOSP? Since touchwiz is only 4.1.2 and 4.3. Now which 4.3 are you on? OTA or factory purchase with 4.3 or did you flash a custom version of 4.3 from xda?

halotek

Jul 25, 2011
I guess your talking about using AOSP? Since touchwiz is only 4.1.2 and 4.3. Now which 4.3 are you on? OTA or factory purchase with 4.3 or did you flash a custom version of 4.3 from xda?

Right now I'm on [Rom]Team Venum - STS - Odexed/Tweaked/CRT- MA7/MK4 12/29 with MK4 modem and WIFI fix

I would like to go back to an earlier Venum rom that i think for 4.2 it seemed more stable and had better battery life. It was MC2. Not sure if that is the modem with the best battery life, maybe you know. But when i tried to flash [ROM]TV - Venum Ice Reborn - Flesh Wound/Blue/Josie Themes-v2.0 Odexed MC2-7/18 it didn't seem to work.

thanks for your help

bonebeatz1234

Feb 5, 2010
rockford,il
Easiest way would be use cwm or twrp odin files then flash the rom . I go from 4.3 to 4.4 roms alot and I use both of them

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

jlmancuso

Apr 26, 2011
houston, tx
Right now I'm on [Rom]Team Venum - STS - Odexed/Tweaked/CRT- MA7/MK4 12/29 with MK4 modem and WIFI fix

I would like to go back to an earlier Venum rom that i think for 4.2 it seemed more stable and had better battery life. It was MC2. Not sure if that is the modem with the best battery life, maybe you know. But when i tried to flash [ROM]TV - Venum Ice Reborn - Flesh Wound/Blue/Josie Themes-v2.0 Odexed MC2-7/18 it didn't seem to work.

thanks for your help

My suggestion is to backup everything including internal sdcard. Wipe everything except except except external data. Then restore your old backup. I have used the mk4 on older roms but if your nand has the radio img restore it.

halotek

Jul 25, 2011
My suggestion is to backup everything including internal sdcard. Wipe everything except except except external data. Then restore your old backup. I have used the mk4 on older roms but if your nand has the radio img restore it.

My TWRP seems to find no information on the old file i used to flash it's really weird. Maybe i need the newest TWRP but that seems like a pain. My old modem flashes ok.