[Boot Animation] Optimus G Pro CM Simple Boot

Search This thread
Nov 4, 2013
Just started playing with boot animations the other day. This one is, as the title implies, simple Optimus G Pro CM boot.

Zip file is attached below.

See post 6 for BLACK version link

Install Steps: [ROOT Required]

Step 1: Go to system/media copy bootanimation.zip (stock file) and place it somewhere for safe keeping

Step 2: Copy the attached bootanimation.zip (downloaded custom file) and paste it into system/media (replacing the stock file)

Step 3: Refresh the folder (exit and re-enter)

Step 4: Long press the new bootanimation.zip, Permissions --> rw-rw-r 0664 (Owner: Read/Write, Group: Read/Write, Others: Read)

Reboot and Test

Attachments

• bootanimation.zip
    9.8 MB · Views: 629
Last edited:

shayneflashindaily

Sep 15, 2012
Hendersonville NC
I like it but would like it more as a darker background instead of white...........dark grey or black ......I'll get a picture and show you what would be really cool as the background

2SHAYNEZ

shayneflashindaily

Sep 15, 2012
Hendersonville NC
Can't find the black one .....but this abstract design but like black and grey would be awesome with that blue on your boot animation

2SHAYNEZ

Attachments

• 1400038664478.jpg
    1400038664478.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 214
  • 1400038671506.jpg
    1400038671506.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 209
Nov 4, 2013
Can't find the black one .....but this abstract design but like black and grey would be awesome with that blue on your boot animation

2SHAYNEZ

Hey 2S,

Thanks. Was going for ultra minimalism to match my current theme setup, but also planned to change it to gray and black as you mentioned.

I'll throw some up using some backgrounds you suggested. I just need to find them in high res and adjust the font color to give contrast.

Reactions: shayneflashindaily

shayneflashindaily

Sep 15, 2012
Hendersonville NC
Black version looks better ! Not a fan of white anything after having the note 1 back in the day it was a battery drainer so it stuck with me lol.....I like dark themed simplicity, Im a minimalist and this boot animation is right up my alley.....if you get that background I posted going with it I'll be running that ...thanx button hit ;)

2SHAYNEZ

Nov 4, 2013
Tried the black one, followed instructions and set proper permissions but got stuck with the boot animation after reboot. Good thing i stored the stock boot animation on ext sd and had madmacks twrp. Just mounted sys then copied back the stock file to system/media. Nice boot animation though :)

Hmm, I noticed that after pasting/overwritting the stock boot, it would show up as proper permissions, but it wasn't refreshed. Had to exit and re-enter root file explorer and then fix permissions. I wonder what else it could be.

I'll make it a proper boot animation file that can be managed in the theme interface at some point instead of having to replace files manually.

Reactions: Showtek1980

Showtek1980

Thank you for beautiful white animation. I've also attempted to set permissions on the white boot animation.. rebooted but went into a loop. I managed to revert back my older boot animation ( Rotating Android KitKat ).. I'd really appreciate it if you could post the white boot animation after the fix. Thank you much :)

Nov 4, 2013
Thank you for beautiful white animation. I've also attempted to set permissions on the white boot animation.. rebooted but went into a loop. I managed to revert back my older boot animation ( Rotating Android KitKat ).. I'd really appreciate it if you could post the white boot animation after the fix. Thank you much :)

I loaded the white zip file and it appeared to work on my phone. On CM11.
I'll eventually get a theme chooser file going.

Reactions: Showtek1980

Showtek1980

Thanks mate! I haven't flashed any ROMS, yet, so I guess that's why it did't work. I just rooted my G Pro and installed this boot animation and it worked. I hope you can get the white zip file to work, too :)

I follow the link below

http://allhackersnews.com/2013/11/change-kitkat-style-android-logo-boot-animation.html

Hope this helps :)

Attachments

• bootanimation_black_rotate.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 25

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just started playing with boot animations the other day. This one is, as the title implies, simple Optimus G Pro CM boot.

Zip file is attached below.

See post 6 for BLACK version link

Install Steps: [ROOT Required]

Step 1: Go to system/media copy bootanimation.zip (stock file) and place it somewhere for safe keeping

Step 2: Copy the attached bootanimation.zip (downloaded custom file) and paste it into system/media (replacing the stock file)

Step 3: Refresh the folder (exit and re-enter)

Step 4: Long press the new bootanimation.zip, Permissions --> rw-rw-r 0664 (Owner: Read/Write, Group: Read/Write, Others: Read)

Reboot and Test

2SHAYNEZ

Hey 2S,

Thanks. Was going for ultra minimalism to match my current theme setup, but also planned to change it to gray and black as you mentioned.

I'll throw some up using some backgrounds you suggested. I just need to find them in high res and adjust the font color to give contrast.
    BLACK Version as seen above.
    Tried the black one, followed instructions and set proper permissions but got stuck with the boot animation after reboot. Good thing i stored the stock boot animation on ext sd and had madmacks twrp. Just mounted sys then copied back the stock file to system/media. Nice boot animation though :)

Hmm, I noticed that after pasting/overwritting the stock boot, it would show up as proper permissions, but it wasn't refreshed. Had to exit and re-enter root file explorer and then fix permissions. I wonder what else it could be.

I'll make it a proper boot animation file that can be managed in the theme interface at some point instead of having to replace files manually.