[APP][Market link] TouchScreenTune (Solving touchscreen sensitivity issue)-UPDATED_2!

Search This thread

missxtee

Oct 1, 2011
when I input my settings and press save there is no message confirming that I've saved new values.....is this normal?

Sent From Galaxy Note Baby!

vitalij

Jun 14, 2010
Kaunas
when I input my settings and press save there is no message confirming that I've saved new values.....is this normal?

Sent From Galaxy Note Baby!

You are speaking about Note version, right? I have removed confirmation dialog on Note since if you will set bad settings for touchscreen you can always fix them using S-Pen! :)

Mercatorn

Sep 29, 2011
before i purchase this app i want to know if you are going to support ICS for the tab when it is released? thanks

tzyn

Dec 19, 2010
Berlin
I'm running the latest cm9 build (Build 20120401 from pershoot) now and it doesnt work anymore. With older AOKP milestone4 and build28 it worked. But he changed something for the touchscreen.

The app shows:
"ERROR! No Root access or incompatible devise" (btw little typo in the app - devise -> device ;) ).

And yes, the app has root access.

Maybe you could look into this? The cm9 build runs very fast, stable and smooth. But i'm missing the touchscreen tune. Furthermore it also will not work for coming cm9 releases.

Download link to his build:
http://droidbasement.com/galaxy/roms/cm9/

pershoot said:
kernel: touchscreen, rtc, display controller (fix charge bug which impacted wakeup of screen), vpn (l2tp only over 3g at this time, pptp no mppe over wifi at this time; your mileage may vary).
rom: current CM

And i asked him what he changed:

pershoot said:
New firmware, and also some amendments to the actual driver.

Last edited:

vitalij

Jun 14, 2010
Kaunas
I'm running the latest cm9 build (Build 20120401 from pershoot) now and it doesnt work anymore. With older AOKP milestone4 and build28 it worked. But he changed something for the touchscreen.

The app shows:
"ERROR! No Root access or incompatible devise" (btw little typo in the app - devise -> device ;) ).

Fixed in version 1.17

Edit: except for typo "devise", will wait for the next version :))

tzyn

Dec 19, 2010
Berlin
He send me the fixed version for testing. And it works great now.

And yes, the responsiveness without touchscreen tune was improved with the last cm9 build. With working touchscreen tune its really impressive. Very good response and very low latency. But i cannot compare directly. It was also impressive with previous builds. ;-)

My settings:
Min movement amount - 2
Disable movement filter - yes
Touchsensitivity - 44
Set filter off value - 90

Last edited:

Ramis

Jan 31, 2011
Auckland
i love this app, but i just have one suggestion.
in the test area, could you make it so that it shows lines.
because i want to tune it so that i dont get wiggly diagonal line.
and its really time consuming to choose a setting then open another app etc.

(on transformer prime)

flyrocket

Sep 24, 2011
I get force close on free version when I press "Set filter value to off" in settings on a Transformer Prime

dallasjim

May 28, 2009
vitalij, thank you for the best app ever!!! My Samsung Tab now has the same screen sensitivity and responsiveness as an iPad. I thought hardware caused the difference. Wrong!!

marjoejoejoe

Apr 5, 2011
Taipei
He send me the fixed version for testing. And it works great now.

And yes, the responsiveness without touchscreen tune was improved with the last cm9 build. With working touchscreen tune its really impressive. Very good response and very low latency. But i cannot compare directly. It was also impressive with previous builds. ;-)

My settings:
Min movement amount - 2
Disable movement filter - yes
Touchsensitivity - 44
Set filter off value - 90

is this setting working with a stylus?

Can anyone also recommend their settings?

Stylus and no-stylus?

Bought the app! very nice!

Works great with on the tab 10.1 however im getting palm reads even when set to zero.....still a great app using
The asus note application

Last edited:

fraz82

Aug 19, 2011
Houston
Nice app, but I find 5$ too expensive. You get Titanium Backup for that money.
I stumbled upon
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=br.shop4apps.touchscreenbooster.com

Works also on the tab and seems to do the job as well, for free.
Appreciate your work, would have bought it for a dollar, but not for five...

Tried it, but it is optimized for phones, e.g only supports 5 finger multi touch, not to mention i got no discernible change on my p7510.

skinote

Apr 30, 2009
I'm having an issue with this app - when the tablet isn't used for awhile, the screen becomes unresponsive, it seems to be unable to regain root or something.

Reactions: 208504683

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Now on Market!

direct link

Or search for "TouchScreenTune"

*Requires Root*
    *Currently supports Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 and Asus Transformer Prime*. (Galaxy Note version also available on the Market)

TouchScreenTune application allows you to fine-tune settings of Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 touchscreen.

It allows to dramatically improve responsiveness and sensitivity of Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 touchscreen.

Without this application, it is almost impossible to use Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 for handwriting or drawing. Application completely fixes this issue.

If you are using screen protector on your Tab, the application will allow to raise screen sensitivity, so there will be no responsiveness impact from using screen protector.

If you are using stylus, it is almost useless without tuning touchscreen with this application on Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1.

Using this application you can even turn on palm rejection future! That means that your hand can rest on screen while writing/drawing using stylus, but you will still be able to write since touch events from your palm will be ignored.
    Just see youtube video, it shows how Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 works without this application, and with this application!

If you wish to use different settings in different situations - just create shortcuts with different settings from within the app, and launch them when needed!

Some common problems:
    When first starting there should be popup from SuperUser application with request to get Root access. Some people say that sometimes it doesn't appear. In that case try starting the SU program first, and then this application.

Also when first granting SU rights, there may be some messages regarding inability to read settings. It's normal, after you grant SU rights application should work.

--------------------------------------------------
    What's new
    Version 1.17:
    Compatibility with latest CyanogenMod for Tab 10.1

Fixed bug when parameters were not applied after invoking settings via shortcut on the home screen

Version 1.11:
    Added ability to create shortcuts on the home screen. Shortcut is associated with currently applied settings. When clicked, shortcut will immediately apply them, without starting TouchScreenTune application. It is possible to have multiple shortcuts with different settings.

Version 1.8:
    Annoying notifications from SU removed

Version 1.3:
    PALM REJECTION:
    added slider allowing to turn on palm rejection. That means that you hand can rest on screen while writing using stylus, but you will still be able to write since touch events from your palm will be ignored. Set palm detection slider value to 0 or maybe a bit more like 1-10 to enable this functionality.

added advanced parameter: changing movement filter OFF value. This value is sent to touchscreen controller when checkbox is set to CHECKED. After changing it, press Apply button to set new configuration.

Version 1.1:
    Added compatibility with latest custom roms/kernels
    Solves screen freezing issue after turning screen on when using latest custom kernels/ROMs

Version 1.0:
    Added ability to change sensitivity, move filtering ant initial movement at the same time
    Completely new Honeycomb interface
    Reworked service part - should work without FCs
    Way easier to use
    New icon !!111 :)

Application is free but it will not restore settings on screen lock/unlock. To make it fully functional you need registration key, which I can provide for a small donation, details in the app itself.
    (If you already donated for previous version, send me an email, I'll send registration key for free)
    Good idea. I'm thinking on adding possibility to create a shortcuts on home screen with currently selected settings, so next time it would be enough to just click it to apply those settings.

Version 1.11:
    Added ability to create shortcuts on the home screen. Shortcut is associated with currently applied settings. When clicked, shortcut will immediately apply them, without starting TouchScreenTune application. It is possible to have multiple shortcuts with different settings.
    Test version:
    PALM REJECTION:
    added slider allowing to turn on palm rejection. That means that you hand can rest on screen while writing using stylus, but you will still be able to write since touch events from your palm will be ignored. Set palm detection slider value to 0 or maybe a bit more like 1-10 to enable this functionality.
    Argh, damnit! We have the kernel sources, is there any way to raise those touch events reported?

BTW, I have the same stylus, can't wait to put it to good use.

Hi,

i saw people mentioning a build.prop setting named windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec, which is set to 150 by default on the 7500. I've changed that to 300, and it appears to make things snappier, especially scrolling operations. I finally got close to iPad2's responsiveness with this. But there might also be other factors involved...
    When I tried to edit /system/build.prop I get the error that the file system is read only. Please help!

Assuming you have EF File Explorer:

Under settings, select both the "Root Explorer" AND the "Mount File System" right underneath it. That should do it!