[Problem] After Flashing Android 4.2 GAPPS

Search This thread

marcelloLins

Nov 19, 2010
Rio de Janeiro
Hi everyone, i just found out that Android 4.2 JellyBean apps like Calendar, Camera, etc.

I just flashed the .zip archive using CWMRecovery and it was OK according to the flashing process feedback dialog.

After flashing, all my core apps are "Force Closing". Launcher, Galery, Camera, Calendar... I had to install nova launcher in order to actually be able to "use" my phone.

Any idea of what might be happening here? Is there any log i can check for troubleshooting ?

I can either revert to the last gapps (if i manage to find them), or , try to fix this crashes.

Any solution in mind ?

I'm using the 4.1.2 Jellybean OS Version (GSM) Yakju on a Galaxy Nexus ofc. Stock rom

Here is the link to the article where i've found the how to : http://phandroid.com/2012/11/06/android-4-2-gapps-package-download/

Here is the link to the download : http://d-h.st/wBX

strumcat

Mar 29, 2012
Hi. I'm using that exact download of gapps with no problem whatsoever. I clean-flashed CNA 3.6.6 (based on AOSP 4.1.1), the gapps, and Trinity A67 kernel. All the gapps that I've used have worked without any FC's at all. Not sure what the problem could be.

marcelloLins

Nov 19, 2010
Rio de Janeiro
Hi. I'm using that exact download of gapps with no problem whatsoever. I clean-flashed CNA 3.6.6 (based on AOSP 4.1.1), the gapps, and Trinity A67 kernel. All the gapps that I've used have worked without any FC's at all. Not sure what the problem could be.

I'm using 4.1.2 Jellybean, that can be a problem. Not sure tho.

I've manage to fix the Galery and Camera apps already by simply renaming the GoogleGalery.apk to GoogleGalery2.apk on the System/app folder.

Still crashing : Launcher, Calendar and Clock

marcelloLins

Nov 19, 2010
Rio de Janeiro

I've manage to fix the Galery and Camera apps already by simply renaming the GoogleGalery.apk to GoogleGalery2.apk on the System/app folder.

UPDATE: Fixed Calendar, Clock and Gmail apps by simply appending a "2" after the name on the System/app folder.

New Names: CalendarGoogle2.apk , DeskClockGoogle2.apk, Gmail2.apk, GaleryGoogle2.apk

Still, launcher is crashing.

Will update as soon as i fix it

UPDATE 2: Rename Launcher2.apk to Launcher.apk and it solves the Launcher force closing

UPDATE 3: Rename LatinImeGoogle.apk to LatinImeGoogle2.apk and it solves the Keyboard Not beeing able to be picked from input settings

Last edited:
Reactions: rolf2000

beekay201

Nov 8, 2010
You've flashed 4.2 "gapps" over 4.1.2 gapps. FC behaviour was to be expected. Next time, wipe data/reflash rom+gapps, then if things dont work open a thread.

Sent from my i9250

marcelloLins

Nov 19, 2010
Rio de Janeiro
You've flashed 4.2 "gapps" over 4.1.2 gapps. FC behaviour was to be expected. Next time, wipe data/reflash rom+gapps, then if things dont work open a thread.

Sent from my i9250

It was not expected. Makes no sense to flash 4.2 GAPPS over a 4.2 Android OS, thats why they extracted it to allow people to flash the apps over Android 4.1 and 4.1.2

Also, wiping data and cache makes no sense in this procedure since the "flashing" process was only copying the .apks to the System/app folder

neuromancer2701

Jul 17, 2012
It was not expected. Makes no sense to flash 4.2 GAPPS over a 4.2 Android OS, thats why they extracted it to allow people to flash the apps over Android 4.1 and 4.1.2

Also, wiping data and cache makes no sense in this procedure since the "flashing" process was only copying the .apks to the System/app folder

I am running into the same problem with the launcher, gmail and a couple others force close. I renamed them(as above adding the 2) in the gapps.zip and reflashed still I get the same force close.

I am using Verizon Galaxy Nexus 4.1.1 stock.

Thanks,

beekay201

Nov 8, 2010

????

???? huh? wipe data/factory reset because he already had 4.1.2 GAPPS installed, but on that i was mistaken, that wouldn't solve it, because gapps are pushed to /system/app. what would solve it would be to format /system, flash rom, 4.2 gapps, reboot. if FCs still occur, then wipe data/factory reset.

rookie8155

Feb 6, 2011
I also installed 4.2 apps on my Galaxy Nexus running on Black Bean 4.1.2 ROM. The install went OK and I can open all apps normally. The only issue I have is that my Google Calendar is not syncing.Any body else having same issue?

beekay201

Nov 8, 2010
I also installed 4.2 apps on my Galaxy Nexus running on Black Bean 4.1.2 ROM. The install went OK and I can open all apps normally. The only issue I have is that my Google Calendar is not syncing.Any body else having same issue?

Op is using stock, which is odexed. You're using a custom rom, which is probably deodexed. Please post your issue and combo in that 4.2 gapps package thread, since you probably cant do it on the rom's thread (i.e. extra mods not supported by the rom dev), but dont cross post.

Sent from my i9250

Last edited:

rolf2000

Oct 17, 2009
UPDATE: Fixed Calendar, Clock and Gmail apps by simply appending a "2" after the name on the System/app folder.

New Names: CalendarGoogle2.apk , DeskClockGoogle2.apk, Gmail2.apk, GaleryGoogle2.apk

UPDATE 2: Rename Launcher2.apk to Launcher.apk and it solves the Launcher force closing

UPDATE 3: Rename LatinImeGoogle.apk to LatinImeGoogle2.apk and it solves the Keyboard Not beeing able to be picked from input settings
First of all, many thanks for your 4.2 camera app within Gapp on my JB 4.1.2.
I installed the first version also and would like to know where the updated version is to download without crashing of Galery, etc.
Does 3D photo also work with uploading to google maps?

Best, Rolf

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

You need to be deodexed.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus