Is this how to update to the VZW OTA 4.4.2 if you are stock, locked and unrooted?

Search This thread

Cozume

Jan 30, 2014
1) download VZW 4.4.2 OTA (Blur_Version.140.45.5.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US.zip) to your phone's sd card (it will be in the download folder);

2) reboot into recovery; and

3) apply update from sdcard.

Last edited:

Cozume

Jan 30, 2014
Why not just wait for the OTA to get pushed to your phone?
I like to live dangerously? Lol! No, it is not for me.

Anyhow, people are saying they are keeping root when flashing the OTA from recovery. Would it make a difference if you flashed it from recovery vs. letting it install on its own the regular way wrt keeping root?

Q9Nap

Feb 13, 2009

Anyhow, people are saying they are keeping root when flashing the OTA from recovery. Would it make a difference if you flashed it from recovery vs. letting it install on its own the regular way wrt keeping root?

applying the update will work the same no matter how it's done. the update process performs the tasks listed in the updater-script.

Reactions: Cozume

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

applying the update will work the same no matter how it's done. the update process performs the tasks listed in the updater-script.