[Q] Please help, i hate my Note

Search This thread

dosada

Jul 12, 2006
I have purchased a used Note 3. It is in original condition. I absolutely hate the split settings, bloatware and similar. My last phone was a Xperia Ultra and it felt a lot snappier than the Note.

I need to root my device and to install a custom Rom. Could someone please point me to the easiest way to get it rooted, i do not care if it is visible or not since i have got no warranty on it anyways. And could someone please recommend me a fast, stable and battery friendly Rom that is more similar to the stock Android.

Thanks a lot

@SidDev

Aug 26, 2013
Kolkata
I have purchased a used Note 3. It is in original condition. I absolutely hate the split settings, bloatware and similar. My last phone was a Xperia Ultra and it felt a lot snappier than the Note.

I need to root my device and to install a custom Rom. Could someone please point me to the easiest way to get it rooted, i do not care if it is visible or not since i have got no warranty on it anyways. And could someone please recommend me a fast, stable and battery friendly Rom that is more similar to the stock Android.

Thanks a lot

First unlock your bootloader
then install custom recovery
flash super su to root
or flash Slimkat ROM its light and stable.

press thanks if I helped you.

dosada

Jul 12, 2006
Thanks for the reply. The problem is that all the ROMs i have been able to find still split the settings into categories, i would like them in one row as it is originally in Android. Is there a Rom in which it is like that or is there a tool or program that can do that?

sarceneaux

Mar 8, 2012
houston
Thanks for the reply. The problem is that all the ROMs i have been able to find still split the settings into categories, i would like them in one row as it is originally in Android. Is there a Rom in which it is like that or is there a tool or program that can do that?

I havent seen that in a while.. i even forgot about it. If you knew how to build you could do this. I wanted to look into this myself but i dont have the time.

Good luck

Rosli59564

Mar 10, 2013
Cm/aosp/omni based roms are using 1 row setting. X-note has the option to set 1 row setting. Maybe some other tw roms too.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1411268397546.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1411268397546.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 70

scolex1

Dec 29, 2011
Chicagoland
Split Settings?
Are you talking about the tabbed settings interface?
If you are just push the menu button (left of home) and switch to list view.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-09-21-07-18-07.png
    Screenshot_2014-09-21-07-18-07.png
    225.1 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

fjhuerta

Dec 24, 2010
Funny, I also come from a Z Ultra (a hell of a phone, IMHO) and Sony's flavor of Android felt so much better than the Note. I sometimes regret getting rid of it and keeping the NOte in fact. It all came to which phone had the best camera. I should have thought things twice.

Anyway, I thought to hell with the warranty and installed CM11. It's the closest thing to the Xperia I can think of.

I have battery issues which I had to fix with Deep Sleep Battery Pro. S-Pen lost some functionality. The IR Blaster is not working.

And it's still 100 times better than TouchWiz!