Hide Battery Status

Search This thread

dkhait

Jan 26, 2009
is there a way to hide the android battery status or display the % on it? there are plenty of apps that show % but its kinda redundant to have both displaying on the task bar.

i am runing rooted stock rom. any ideas are apreciated, thanks

dkhait

Jan 26, 2009
thanks everyone

thank you, i just deleted the images from framework-res and installed a battery indicator from market. so now i have 1 battery with correct %. too bad i cant move it to the right

wpbear

Nov 27, 2006
Columbus, GA
thank you, i just deleted the images from framework-res and installed a battery indicator from market. so now i have 1 battery with correct %. too bad i cant move it to the right

How do you do this? Do you copy the original framework-res.apk to PC and then open and remove the battery pictures then move the modified framework-res.apk back to the device and install? I tried this but the apk wont install.

Last edited:

dkhait

Jan 26, 2009
How do you install this file? I tried installing it from clockwork mod recovery, but it didn't take.

you cant install that file. you have to pull framework-res.apk from the /system/framework. then open it with 7zip and overwrite the exiting images with those. then push it back into the phone.

adb pull /system/framework/framework-res.apk

then after injecting new images

adb push framework-res.apk /system/framework/

Asterdroid

Jun 15, 2010
Providence
you cant install that file. you have to pull framework-res.apk from the /system/framework. then open it with 7zip and overwrite the exiting images with those. then push it back into the phone.

then after injecting new images

Worked like a charm. Thanks!

Any idea where I can get my hands on red-themed 3g/location/clock/wifi/gps/alarm etc. notification icons?

wpbear

Nov 27, 2006
Columbus, GA
I can't get the file to push. I am connected via USB with USB debugging on in charge only mode. At CMD prompt I can adb shell and su.

gives error adb: not found

I have edited the file by removing some png and then saving it back to the sdk root and the sdk/tools folders.

If I get this to push do you have to then install the apk from the device?

Last edited:

Asterdroid

Jun 15, 2010
Providence
do you have to then install the apk from the device?

-Install 7zip (just google it)
-Reboot phone into recovery.
-Connect USB cable
-Go into Partitions menu in recovery
-Mount /System
-Open your command prompt on your PC
-Change the directory to wherever your sdk/tools are located
-type the following command line: adb pull /system/framework/framework-res.apk

Now the file is in your sdk/tools folder
-Right click on framework-res.apk and open with 7zip
-Copy the files from the round battery zip folder to the corresponding folder with the 7zip archive. They will automatically overwrite
-Exit 7zip
-Back in the command prompt type the following command line: adb push framework-res.apk /system/framework/
-On your phone, unmount /system, then back out of the partitions menu and reboot your phone.

Should be all set!

Asterdroid

Jun 15, 2010
Providence
I can't get the file to push. I am connected via USB with USB debugging on in charge only mode. At CMD prompt I can adb shell and su.

gives error adb: not found

If I get this to push do you have to then install the apk from the device?

I think you need to mount the system folder in the partitions menu of recovery. My instructions are one post up.

wpbear

Nov 27, 2006
Columbus, GA
Thanks got it. I switched back to the orignal apk though. I wanted the status hidden, and while deleting the png worked, it still leaves a blank space instead of moving the icons over so it doens't look good. Thanks for the help.

nyonya

Jun 15, 2010
New York
Here is a red round battery with percentages:

I really like this icon, but is there any way to use this without the percentages in the middle? It makes it look more cluttered, and it's not very useful as they only change between 100, 80, 60, etc.

So is there any way to either make them more accurate, or remove them completely? I really like this indicator otherwise, more neat-looking than the one that comes with the jonnybueno theme (which rocks otherwise!)

Thanks all.

corywf

May 3, 2010
I made a white round battery meter if you don't care for the red.

Attachments

• whiteBattery.zip
    24.1 KB · Views: 442

WingHater

Nov 21, 2007
Why can't this be packaged up into a zip for us to just go into recovery and clockwork and install zip. Don't really understand why we have to go through all the steps of adb to get this to work. So if possible could someone please put it all together to make it easier to use. Thanks

dkhait

Jan 26, 2009
How do you do this? Do you copy the original framework-res.apk to PC and then open and remove the battery pictures then move the modified framework-res.apk back to the device and install? I tried this but the apk wont install.

you cant install it, you have to overwrite it in recovery mode.

modify
then

Taylored

Jun 1, 2010
Why can't this be packaged up into a zip for us to just go into recovery and clockwork and install zip. Don't really understand why we have to go through all the steps of adb to get this to work. So if possible could someone please put it all together to make it easier to use. Thanks

It probably could be packaged, but it is a pretty simple change so I doubt anyone would go through the trouble.

Do not fear ADB. Follow the steps. It is as easy as 1. 2. 3... 4567.