Water proof RAZR

Search This thread

Draxin

Mar 31, 2012
Oregon
You need to get her a couple of tin cans and some string.

Cheap, very affordable plans, Durable, and WATERPROOF!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using xda app-developers app

MichaelMcC

Sep 11, 2011
Lol yep, well we are 2 months till upgrade time so I set her up with an old Eris for now. That'll teach her.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

MichaelMcC

Sep 11, 2011
I caved...

Once again I paid the $99 for a replacment from Asurion. She was becoming too frustrated with the Eris. I also went into the Dev forum and flash the JB OTA on it for her as well. (Pretty sweet update btw). So yes, I caved, but she is a pretty good cook and easy on the eyes :)

bwheelies

Dec 6, 2010
I am on the toilet right now reading this. Tempted to add a pic from my assembly line.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using xda premium

teiva

Dec 15, 2012
I dropped mine in a puddle of water at work. It was still running fine afterwards. These phones are amazing. My headphones lasted 3 washes before packing it in. I've been real happy with the RAZR. I hope Motorola come up with something as robust when it comes time to replace my phone in October.

Sent from my XT910 using xda premium

pulses

Aug 23, 2010
Tehran
Moto Z
Moto G 5G Plus
Same Problem

I had the same problem with my XT910, but mines was not that lucky. My kid dropped it into kitchen sink full of water. I pulled it out, shut it down immediately and proceeded to open the phone. It took me some 10-15 minutes. There was still water all over the battery. While I was opening it, althout I had shut it down, the LED flash was on and only turned off when I unscrewed the battery. I let it dry for three days. Then I assembled it back carefully. But it will not start. Any help, any hope? What can I do to my XT910 to start it again?
Thank you

dbreezy187

Apr 15, 2012
Somerset
I had the same problem with my XT910, but mines was not that lucky. My kid dropped it into kitchen sink full of water. I pulled it out, shut it down immediately and proceeded to open the phone. It took me some 10-15 minutes. There was still water all over the battery. While I was opening it, althout I had shut it down, the LED flash was on and only turned off when I unscrewed the battery. I let it dry for three days. Then I assembled it back carefully. But it will not start. Any help, any hope? What can I do to my XT910 to start it again?
Thank you

My baby girl slobbered all over my wife's... I wasn't lucky like op it was gone.... I got a broken screen RAZR off eBay for like 40$us and swapped the screen you could try switching the battery at first broken to yours.... .... ... later that month she spilled syrup in her apron pocket that had her phone in it now the led stays red and menu key doesn't work...

Sent from my XT907 using xda app-developers app

TMul.xt

Jul 12, 2013
Boston
I lost my first one into a sink while doing dishes, I tried all of the rice in the bag and opening it up with out any luck, I would love to see if there is anything that that works for you in case something goes wrong with my new one.

Sent from my XT912 using xda app-developers app

raulg15

Jul 30, 2013
Hmm usually my Razr gets alot of sweat on it when im at the gym and everything still functions. sometimes as soon as it gets alot of sweat it might glitch for a second but then everything comes back.

bwheelies

Dec 6, 2010
Hmm usually my Razr gets alot of sweat on it when im at the gym and everything still functions. sometimes as soon as it gets alot of sweat it might glitch for a second but then everything comes back.

That is the touch screen being activated by the sweat.

RAZR Maxx running Premium

Shilalygawd

Jun 1, 2013
Marshall
Mine fell out of my pocket when I was moving out of my dorm the beginning of May. It was storming like all hell so it sat under 6 inches of water on a sidewalk (also about a 3 foot drop from my pocket) for around 5 or 6 minutes before I even realized I'd lost it. Backtracked and found it eventually. Still worked.
I plugged it into my car dock like an idiot when I got into the car five minutes later too and still had no issues. Never drained it. Never blew water out of it. Nothin'. She's still runnin' like a beauty.

Einheit-101

Jul 4, 2013
My razr had a meeting with coke a year ago. Still working fine. The case seems to be very secure.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mine fell out of my pocket when I was moving out of my dorm the beginning of May. It was storming like all hell so it sat under 6 inches of water on a sidewalk (also about a 3 foot drop from my pocket) for around 5 or 6 minutes before I even realized I'd lost it. Backtracked and found it eventually. Still worked.
    I plugged it into my car dock like an idiot when I got into the car five minutes later too and still had no issues. Never drained it. Never blew water out of it. Nothin'. She's still runnin' like a beauty.
    Your phone will work for approximately 2-3 months and then possibly will stop working due to corrosion. Swap up the phone if you can asap.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using XDA Premium App
    Yuck!
    I still don't understand phone toilet drops.
    Good thing she was just peeing. I doubt the Razr is poo resistant.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

LOL Amen To That!!!
    Time to get the Motorola defy or the xperia go. Good deals on eBay ;)

Sent from my XT910 using xda app-developers app