[TOOL] [14th Dec] | AIOlog - All in One Android Logger v0.5

Search This thread

wcypierre

Apr 11, 2012
For those who builds from source, please rebuild your source as there's some changes in the repo

wcypierre

Apr 11, 2012
@All Source Builders,

As a new branch has been created to separate dev builds and stable builds, so from now on, you can choose whether you want to test the latest stable version or the latest dev version.

For those who wants to use the latest stable version, do this:
git clone -b master https://github.com/wcypierre/AIOlog.git

For those who wants to use the latest development version, do this:
git clone -b dev https://github.com/wcypierre/AIOlog.git

Nikhil

Sep 26, 2012
Ahmedabad
OnePlus 7 Pro
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Hi,
I tried this tool to get last_kmsg but my device is not getting detected. I own Samsung Galaxy R GT-i9103
Take a look at screenshot, debugging is on but yet it is not detecting.
What do i do to get it connected?
Thanks in advance
EDIT: if you cant see screenshot clearly, click here

Last edited:

wcypierre

Apr 11, 2012
Hi,
I tried this tool to get last_kmsg but my device is not getting detected. I own Samsung Galaxy R GT-i9103
Take a look at screenshot, debugging is on but yet it is not detecting.
What do i do to get it connected?
Thanks in advance
EDIT: if you cant see screenshot clearly, click here
Sorry for the late reply, but have you installed the proper adb drivers at your computer(I remember that win8 does has certain issues)? I can't see the screenshot and it seems that the dropbox link has been removed, so I can't go on until I get to see the screenshot.

Nikhil

Sep 26, 2012
Ahmedabad
OnePlus 7 Pro
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Sorry for the late reply, but have you installed the proper adb drivers at your computer(I remember that win8 does has certain issues)? I can't see the screenshot and it seems that the dropbox link has been removed, so I can't go on until I get to see the screenshot.

The tool is working at the moment. I am running Stock ICS. I had issue when Cm 10.1 was runnung. The issue is not for concern as of now because now i am no longer using Cm 10.1. Yet i think you should take a look at screenshot. here it is.

PS. The tool worked for CM 10.1 once, after that it never worked so i guess there isnt any problem with device or Rom and i have every kind of driver installed that is needed for device ;)

wcypierre

Apr 11, 2012
The tool is working at the moment. I am running Stock ICS. I had issue when Cm 10.1 was runnung. The issue is not for concern as of now because now i am no longer using Cm 10.1. Yet i think you should take a look at screenshot. here it is.

PS. The tool worked for CM 10.1 once, after that it never worked so i guess there isnt any problem with device or Rom and i have every kind of driver installed that is needed for device ;)

Were you able to do the reverse tether? As the device id's retrieval is done by a third party tool(adb.exe), so I would assume that it is a bug with the rom(which happens only under certain conditions) or probably that the reverse tether program has locked the phone to it so other processes won't be able to interfere with the phone.
Just saying, but for the Device ID you should have typed "304d11cdc65e1c9e" or just plug your phone into your computer before you start the program and it'll autodetect it

Nikhil

Sep 26, 2012
Ahmedabad
OnePlus 7 Pro
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Were you able to do the reverse tether? As the device id's retrieval is done by a third party tool(adb.exe), so I would assume that it is a bug with the rom(which happens only under certain conditions) or probably that the reverse tether program has locked the phone to it so other processes won't be able to interfere with the phone.
Yes i was able to reverse tether. Also i tried every possible thing.
I manually killed process adb.exe, android reverse tethering.exe
I restarted computer and tried this tool without opening Reverse tethering tool.
Tried in other operating system too.
Just saying, but for the Device ID you should have typed "304d11cdc65e1c9e" or just plug your phone into your computer before you start the program and it'll autodetect it
I tried plugging-unplugging many times but no luck. Although every other tool was recognizing my device but this tool.
May be it was a bug in rom. :)

wcypierre

Apr 11, 2012
I restarted computer and tried this tool without opening Reverse tethering tool.

I tried plugging-unplugging many times but no luck. Although every other tool was recognizing my device but this tool.
hmm..... weird. did you tried to restart the phone?

but it is working for stock ics right? probably that its a bug at the cm10.1 but too bad that you're not using it now though

Reactions: Nikhil

Nikhil

Sep 26, 2012
Ahmedabad
OnePlus 7 Pro
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro

but it is working for stock ics right? probably that its a bug at the cm10.1 but too bad that you're not using it now though

I didnt try, I actually restarted phone :p
yes it is working for stock ics. After enigmatical accident to my device i had to get it repaired from SSC. They gave me stock ics and i am happy with that. I am away from tweaky things and flashing for a while. :)
Thanks anyways, this tool is fantastic. :good:

wcypierre

Apr 11, 2012
I didnt try, I actually restarted phone :p
yes it is working for stock ics. After enigmatical accident to my device i had to get it repaired from SSC. They gave me stock ics and i am happy with that. I am away from tweaky things and flashing for a while. :)
Thanks anyways, this tool is fantastic. :good:

Then probably that's the case then. tbh, many forks of cm are actually not really stable as the developers modded it so things like these could happen(I had the problem that you had before on a cm10 and aokp but after a restart then it worked fine)

Thanks for the encouragement :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AIOlog - All in One Android Logger

aiologwin_zpsebe3ab1e.png
    rsz_1rsz_1aiolog_linux_zps4f759130.png

Features:
    1. Display and output Logcat
    2. Last_kmsg
    3. Dmesg
    4. Kmsg
    5. Kernel Version

Latest Version:

NOTE: If you have this error "Cannot execute binary files" while using the AIOlog for linux, please download the 32bit version.

If you've downloaded the AIOlog v0.3 generic, please use the following file:
    Either the aiolog_32bit or aiolog_generic_32bit

If this is your first time doing a log, you may need this file(Windows only):
    http://code.google.com/p/aiolog/downloads/detail?name=aiolog_adb_fastboot_win_v0.1.zip

New features:
    Added log push to phone and phone directory creation(log will be available at the computer, and the .aiolog, aiolog and root folder of your phone)
    Added log archiving(unix)
    Added log cid version
    Added ADB files for Windows
    Fixed a bug to auto detect device id when there is only one device

Full Changelog: https://github.com/wcypierre/AIOlog/commits/master

Hi, I'm now in the look for users who can provide me with some data(non-private and non-confidential ones) in order to improve AIOlog as a big amount of data is needed for AIOlog in order to success.

If you're interested, please pm me and state your device name or you can email me via wcypierre@gmail.com

Basic Howto:
    1. At your phone, go to Settings -> Developer Options
    2. Tick the "Android Debugging"
    3. Connect your phone to your computer(desktop/laptop)

Windows:
    1. Navigate to the location where the aiolog is located
    2. Extract it and place it to a folder
    3. Open aiolog.exe by clicking at it
    4. The menu will appear
    5. Just enter the number(1,2,3 ...) of the function that you wanted to do

Linux:
    NOTE: For AIOlog version 0.4 onwards, the binary file is called either aiolog_32bit or aiolog_64bit so please change it accordingly (The steps for the filename is used in Step #3)

1. Open your terminal
    2. Navigate to where aiolog is located. Example, "cd ~/Downloads/" (Assuming that the file is saved at Downloads folder)
    3. Type "./aiolog" and press enter
    4. The menu will appear
    5. Just enter the number(1,2,3 ...) of the function that you wanted to do

Advanced Howto:
    1. At your phone, go to Settings -> Developer Options
    2. Tick the "Android Debugging"
    3. Connect your phone to your computer(desktop/laptop)

Windows:
    1. Open the cmd
    2. Navigate to the folder where aiolog is located
    3. Type "aiolog -h" and press enter
    4. Search for the functions that you wanted to do and type its command(refer to the examples below)

Examples:
    1. To log all logs, type "aiolog.exe -a"
    2. To get the logcat, type "aiolog.exe -l"
    3. To get the last_kmsg, type "aiolog.exe -lk"
    4. To specify a device that is to be used(use it when you have a lot of devices connected) and to get a dmesg, "aiolog.exe -id SH<yourdeviceid> -d"

Linux:
    1. Open your terminal
    2. Navigate to where aiolog is located. Example, "cd ~/Downloads/" (Assuming that the file is saved at Downloads folder)
    3. Type "./aiolog -h" and press enter
    4. Search for the functions that you wanted to do and type its command(refer to the examples below).

Examples:
    1. To log all logs, type "aiolog.exe -a"
    2. To get the logcat, type "./aiolog -l"
    3. To get the last_kmsg, type "./aiolog -lk"
    4. To specify a device that is to be used(use it when you have a lot of devices connected) and to get a dmesg, "./aiolog -id SH<yourdeviceid> -d"

Compatibility:
    1. Full support on Windows
    2. Partial support on Linux
    3. Partial support on Mac(Version 0.5 onwards)

Issues:
    1. May not work on mac yet(but it should be).
    2. AIOlog will not work if the adb is not started for a 30 seconds to 1 minute in advance

Found a bug?
    1. Go to here: http://code.google.com/p/aiolog/issues/list
    2. Click New issue
    3. Fill in the details
    4. Report
    5. Wait for it to be resolved :good:

Changelog:
    Version 0.4
    1. Added Auto Device Id detection
    2. Logging support when there are more than 2 devices connected
    3. Added logcat clear and dmesg clear

Version 0.3
    1. Added logcat radio(to debug for radio issues)
    2. Added log essential(logcat, dmesg, kmsg and last_kmsg)
    3. Disable reprompt of device id after it has been entered
    4. Misc Fixes

Version 0.2
    1. Logcat, kmsg continuous(the normal logcat, kmsg way instead of log, stop and save method) added
    2. Added additional checking on device id
    3. Removed debug code

Version 0.1
    1. Core functions(logcat, last_kmsg, dmesg, last_kmsg) implemented
    2. Outputs the log to the current directory of AIOlog
    3. kernel version output is implemented

To do list:
    1. To archive the logs into an archive(zip, rar, tar)
    2. To include mac support
    3. To include log essential (Done ;))
    4. To log other details
    5. Fix any existing bugs ;)
    @Source Builders, new functions are added into version 0.5.

New feature:
    - Added device auto detection when there is only one device
    - Added adb files for Windows users
    - Log archive(grouping all logs into a tar file) for Linux feature is done(but not implemented, will be implemented into each logging functions in Version 0.6)

Building from Source

Prerequisite:
    - Command Line Git(be it from any OS)

Instructions:
    To clone the AIOlog(one time process):
    git clone git://github.com/wcypierre/AIOlog.git

To update the existing AIOlog:
    1. git remote update
    2. git rebase origin/master

To compile AIOlog:
    g++ main.cpp log.cpp -o aiolog.exe (for windows) / g++ main.cpp log.cpp -o aiolog (for mac/linux)
    Nice tool, wcypierre!

Very helpfull for noob users.:)