[ROM] TabTronics FT10 rk3188 - Custom ROM Firmware

Search This thread

Cass1977

Nov 18, 2013
Hi

51M9MO8Wy3L._SX385_.jpg

If you have bought one of these tabs and are as unhappy about it as I was then read on.

THESE ARE IN NO WAY 'FLYTOUCH 10' MODELS!

I know what it says in the about page but anyone can spoof a model name in build.prop. These are in fact SuperPad 10s http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/10-RK3188-quad-core-android-4_1622115746.html Look familiar?

TabTronics lie about the spec of these devices (NO GPS and only 1.4ghz NOT 1.6)! I got mine for free because they wanted me to keep my mouth shut about their false advertising. Just shows how dodgy some people can be.

Anyway, I now have a FREE rk3188 tab to play with. First off spec. The parts inside this tab seem to be a mix of rk3066 and rk3188 gear (Notice the Flytouch 9 is the same form factor and an rk3066?).

Ive seen 2 versions of this firmware now. the one it came with (which was a mix of an M8Pro and a TV stick firmware) and the one on their site (the better one).

Ive built a basic version of the firmware on the site and it runs well!

spec:

2Gb Internal storage (More games/apps) at the cost of external storage (12Gb Free)
De-Bloated
De-Odexed
init.d support
CWM Touch Recovery v6.0.3
Cant remember if its fully rooted but I can show you how if it isnt ;)

Antutu score is around 18k depending on what im doing. Boot time seems to get longer and longer, not sure if its the apps im running or an issue with the firmware (more testing needed). I usually get above the Samsung S3 so that keeps me happy ;)

I fully intend to develop this rom and maybe at some point expand it to other platforms. If anyone is interested in helping me with this project then please pm me :)

Anyway, here is the link, use batchtool and do a restore (may need to format the internal card on first boot), takes about 10 mins to do the initial setup so dont worry, it hasnt stalled :)

DOWNLOAD

I hope this helps someone somewhere get the best out of this device. Feel free to comment, good or bad

Cass