[NIGHTLY/KERNEL][USER] UNOFFICIAL CM9 + 3.0.x Kernel for K-Fire [3.0.31+ 06-28]

Search This thread

shahabk818

Dec 17, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Nice job
I just have one problem, there is only one game I play on my fire and that is Modern Combat 3 and when I want to open it it says not compatible request a refund! what should I do? is it because I could run it on ics before. maybe is because this is 4.0.4? Can somebody tell me?:confused:

Last edited:

krevlorn

Oct 31, 2010
netflix

Great work everyone, much appreciated!

Netflix is not working for me, i get sound but the picture won't appear and it won't go fullscreen. It displays a black box in the upper left corner overtop the loading screen.

Nevermind. I flashed the wrong rom. Oops!

Last edited:

bennettg

Nov 11, 2010
Hash....many thanks to you and to others who have contributed to this beautiful project.

Question: I've read the initial post that discusses charging problems and states that one should boot into twrp to charge. but i've also seen that you can charge it in ics....even though there will be no indication that the kf is charging, that it really is.

would hash or someone be kind enough to clarify?

also, could someone provide steps for flashing the non overclocked kernel image. i'm just a silly noob.

thanks in advance.

ammubarak

Dec 31, 2011
Safwa, Saudi Arabia
Hash....many thanks to you and to others who have contributed to this beautiful project.

Question: I've read the initial post that discusses charging problems and states that one should boot into twrp to charge. but i've also seen that you can charge it in ics....even though there will be no indication that the kf is charging, that it really is.

would hash or someone be kind enough to clarify?

also, could someone provide steps for flashing the non overclocked kernel image. i'm just a silly noob.

thanks in advance.

Charging is working fine. There is no need to boot to recovery to charge. The recommendation is to shutdown the KF if not used.

If you like to test the kernel at 1 MGH, then you can replace the kernel by using the following fastboot command

fastboot flash boot name-of-image-file.img

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

RebelebeR

Mar 18, 2012
Amarillo
bugs?

I tried installing hulu+ earlier today and go a message afterwards from the app when I ran it saying my device isn't supported. I have used it on other roms so I am guessing this is a bug. If anyone can figure it out please let me know how to fix it. Also, when I try to use LCD Density Modder Pro it hangs for a minute when saving the new dpi then says an unknown error occurred while saving dpi value. After this I have to restore from a backup to get it to boot. Is there a fix for this yet?

Ok, I figured out why LCD Density Modder wasn't working right, Superuser wasn't giving it permission to do something, I'm guessing to write the file.

Last edited:

Hashcode

Senior Recognized Developer
Sep 3, 2011
KERNEL ONLY UPDATE #4 can be found at the top of first post of the dev thread.

Fixes:
- DEEP SLEEP now working! Thanks to icemank121 for digging into this one and finding the cause!)
- Orange and Green charger LEDs are now working.
- Fix for WIFI (can be turned off and on without rebooting)
- Added interactive and conservative CPU governors (interactive is now default)
- This kernel runs at 1.0ghz to keep troubleshooting to a minimum. I'll do both speeds as this gets more final.
- Forgot: USB transfer speeds fixed.

If you are running the 3.0 build this update is HIGHLY recommended.

To apply this kernel update use fastboot:
fastboot flash boot filename-of-boot.img

I had to run out for dinner while this was posting. When I get back, I'll put up a full ROM and an alternate way of flashing the new kernel.

Enjoy.

Sent from my XT894 using XDA

Last edited:

phamxp426

Feb 24, 2012
Wow! Thank you so much Hash code and everyone else working on this! Why aren't you working at Google?! :D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA

jdiamond7

Jan 14, 2012
Awesome! Can't wait to flash this. Any idea if the CWM issue is fixed yet? Not a big deal to switch to TWRP but all my backups are CWM.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using XDA

Wojei

Dec 13, 2010
Kernel Update #4

I flashed Kernel Update #4 onto my Kindle and I have notices a few new issues/bugs.

1. The charger light is really finicky. When the charger is plugged in, the red/orange LED turns on, however it goes off after device "goes to sleep".

2. After allowing my device to sleep for a few minutes and turning it back on (it was charging so I'm not sure if that is the cause) the top half of the screen got some weird stripy artifacts

See here dl.dropbox.com/u/91112/withlines1.jpg
and here dl.dropbox.com/u/91112/withlines2.jpg

The artifacts go away after a restart when it goes back to normal. I was able to reproduce it twice so far.

Reactions: rolfl

AgentCherryColla

Jan 15, 2012
Carpentersville
@Hashcode.
I'm very happy with your work. I've seen your work on other devices. I have to say your an Epic Dev. Keep up the good work. I know everybody here is happy to see your work. Most devices don't even have a 3.0 Kernel. I'm stuck on 2.6. Once again thanks for the work. Expect a nice bottle of wine at the end of this month ;D

::HTC Doubleshot:: Virt. Inq v2.

Last edited:

Hashcode

Senior Recognized Developer
Sep 3, 2011
@Hashcode.
I'm very happy with your work. I've seen your work on other devices. I have to say your an Epic Dev. Keep up the good work. I know everybody here is happy to see your work. Most devices don't even have a 3.0 Kernel. I'm stuck on 2.6. Once again thanks for the work. Expect a nice bottle of wine at the end of this month ;D

::HTC Doubleshot:: Virt. Inq v2.

I'm getting kind of spoiled on the Kindle. I can solve problems by *gasp* actually fixing the cause, rather than having to come up with janky work arounds.

(For those of you that don't know I do a lot of work on Locked Bootloader phones).

Glad to hear you're enjoying the Kindle changes. :)

Sent from my XT894 using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NEW KERNEL IS CHARGING. OS DOESN'T SHOW THE CHARGING ICON.
    Make sure when you plug in to check the Settings -> Battery screen and see "Charging"

06-28: KERNEL.ZIP #13 IS NOW READY HERE (FLASH IN RECOVERY): REMOVED TEMP
    (Recompiling w/o Linaro for compatibility)
    md5sum: a16c281fa3dbe0962c6dc2c03e6df5bc
    Full ROM: http://bit.ly/NaD2vW
    md5sum: d9dfe6f5f97eadbeaecc86d0314cb80e
    - Mainline Linux 3.0.31 updates
    - TI kernel 3.0.21 branch updates
    - [ROM-Only] Now w/ "OtterParts where the touchscreen filter setting can be set (0 as default, but 30 is very usable) -- (Scott Brady)
    - Built using Linaro toolchain
    - Added KRAIT optimizations (not sure how effective yet) (twa_priv)

NOTE: I haven't adjusted the nightly server to use the 3.0.31 kernel OR Linaro yet. This is the only ROM link I've built with it in it.

[06-27-2012] UNOFFICIAL NIGHTLY SERVER IS RUNNING:
    DOWNLOAD HERE
    GApps: http://goo.im/gapps (4/29 is the latest in the CM9 row)
    These builds are using a stock framework which includes the volume slider mod. It's kept up-to-date by twa_priv.

STEPS FOR UPDATING:
    1. Download .zip file from the nightly server and place on your device
    2. Reboot into recovery and apply .zip
    3. If coming from any ROM which is not CM9 please wipe data/cache/Dalvik Cache
    4. Reboot and enjoy

LATEST CHANGES:
    [06-26-2012] Added sbradymobile's touch filter patch + OtterParts for controlling the filter level (30 recommended, default as 0 for now) (under Settings -> Advanced) [THANKS!]

SOLO KERNEL NOTES:

06-08: KERNEL.ZIP #12 IS NOW READY HERE (FLASH IN RECOVERY): http://bit.ly/KPbDVm
    md5sum: e7476ff785b2dfbdb062e1cc036c14ac
    - Touchscreen driver changes (event optimization, ICS friendly)
    - Updated the WLAN driver to R5.00.18 (up from R5.00.5)
    - Cleaned up the charger code some more (part of on-going charger work)
    - Added more support for PPTP and L2TP connections
    - [NEW 06/08] Added CCMP support used in 802.11i for EAPOL/WPA2/IPSEC connections using 4-way handshakes (Will fix some users who can't connect to wifi at certain locations)

TROUBLESHOOTING FOR USB not being recognized in Windows 7 (while the Kindle is *NOT* plugged into computer):
    - Open Device Manager
    - Right-click your computer name and select "Show Hidden Devices"
    - The top device group should be: Android device(or phone): under it "Android ADB Composite device"
    - Right-click on that and select uninstall
    - Now plug the Kindle back into the computer and let driver re-install

IF FOR SOME REASON WIFI DOESN'T WORK ON THE FIRST BOOTUP DO THE FOLLOWING:
    Enter Terminal Emulator
    Type: su
    Type: fix-mac.sh
    Exit Terminal Emulator
    Reboot

THIS ROM SHOWS OFF HOW WELL ICS CAN RUN ON THE KINDLE FIRE.
    ** READY FOR DAILY USE **

If I had just installed this ROM and I wanted to see something that might not work in the stock-kernel based ICS ROM, then I'd try the following:
    - Install "Chrome Beta" from the market and test it out.
    - Audio is more stable.
    - Launcher is smoother due to full PVR graphic support
    - Try YouTube!

For user support, look to this thread! Please keep discussion here as to what works and what doesn't, etc.
    06-08: KERNEL.ZIP #12 IS NOW READY HERE (FLASH IN RECOVERY): http://bit.ly/KPbDVm
    md5sum: e7476ff785b2dfbdb062e1cc036c14ac
    - Touchscreen driver changes (event optimization, ICS friendly)
    - Updated the WLAN driver to R5.00.18 (up from R5.00.5)
    - Cleaned up the charger code some more (part of on-going charger work)
    - Added more support for PPTP and L2TP connections
    - [NEW 06/08] Added CCMP support used in 802.11i for EAPOL/WPA2/IPSEC connections using 4-way handshakes (Will fix some users who can't connect to wifi at certain locations)
    I think we can safely agree that the charger driver has issues and it's being worked on. And that each user should ensure that their device charges correctly without the aid of seeing the charging icon in the status bar.

The details are really irrelevant.

ONCE AGAIN KEEP IT CIVIL. WHICH MEANS: don't accuse each other of lying, call each other names, or use otherwise inflammatory remarks.

While rude and insensitive, its also mucking up my thread which is supposed to be a useful resource.

I say this as someone who religiously pages through almost every thread in this area and often could respond badly to poorly worded kernel demands, etc. It doesn't take much to turn a well intentioned post into something worse. And sometimes its due to language barriers or other issues which are beyond control.

A thick skin is almost a requirement in any public forum setting.

/rant

On a side note the new driver is working with the OS: I get a charging icon when plugging in. Now on to removing the extra battery device, fixing suspend and a pleathora of mode switch issues.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2
    TEST BUILD #3 IS READY HERE: http://bit.ly/IShcSq

There are 2 changes for this build:
    - HW Codecs are now working.
    - Kernel included in this build is running "silicon type performance" mode. Meaning it's a stock overclock to 1.2 Ghz. Please test this as well.

If you have ANY issues with the 1.2 Ghz speed and want to step back down to 1.0 Ghz do the following:
    - Enter "Settings"
    - Choose "Performance" (at the bottom)
    - Click "Ok"
    - Select "Processor" (the first item on the right)
    - Choose "Maximum CPU frequency"
    - Set this to 1008
    - Then check the "Set on boot" option
    05-10: KERNEL.ZIP #9 IS NOW READY HERE (FLASH IN RECOVERY): http://bit.ly/Iz9J4s
    md5sum bb453c85f7155cea3fab1c83cae65c73
    [ FULL STOCK CM9 ROM AVAILABLE HERE: http://bit.ly/JC6UBT ]
    md5sum 0d7677af67501b0f467130016fb1f928
    - updated PVR/graphics drivers for bugfix (same version 1.8@869593): fixes slight text corruption in at 270 degree rotation and memory leak
    - cleanup work on backlight driver, still flashes on resume slightly (Icemank121)
    - cpu governor: conservative cherry-pick improvment patches (Entropy512)
    - [ROM ONLY] Wifi netloc (GPS) working! (Entrophy512)
    - wifi .ini file change to TQS_S_2.6.ini (doesn't have 5ghz settings like the other)
    - [ROM ONLY] Volume increase (Kuzma30), updated CM9 build, reboot recovery fix, included volume slider, and commented out "survey data missing!" in wpa_supplicant_8, higher quality bootanimation

DEV NOTES: ROM Build is now fixed so that PVR modules are built with the kernel.