My Zagg Invisishield Experience

Search This thread

kotaro_14

Jul 8, 2011
Rancho Cucamonga
Look into ghost armor, it is a MUCH better product than zagg

+1 Ghost Armor is much better than Zagg, I have used Zagg and must say very disappointed in it's quality. I scratched it with my fingernail, no scratch mark left, but a huge indentation was left, tried on 2 Zagg screen protectors! Oh yeah, one of them got scratched for NO REASON! I quickly gave up on Zagg. Their Orange Peel effect is the worse of the bunch too.

Dude, you could do the installation yourself it's not hard trust me, all you do is wet your tips of your fingers, peel, apply solution on screen NOT PHONE, apply and move around(nice thing about liquid solutions), if you mess up and it starts drying just lift, and spray solution(2-3 times, employee must've sprayed the whole bottle lol!) and do it again! :D

IMO, never using wet type solution spray ever again probably b/c of rainbow effect(little specs of rainbow) only on white appear, which really pisses me off. If you want a long lasting screen protector w/ lifetime warrant get Ghost Armor. BUT if you want ultimate screen clarity, then get a NON-MATTE NON ANTI FINGERPRINT NON WET aka Pure Glossy screen protector! ;)

ilovesoad

May 22, 2011
Plano, TX
+1 Ghost Armor is much better than Zagg, I have used Zagg and must say very disappointed in it's quality. I scratched it with my fingernail, no scratch mark left, but a huge indentation was left, tried on 2 Zagg screen protectors! Oh yeah, one of them got scratched for NO REASON! I quickly gave up on Zagg. Their Orange Peel effect is the worse of the bunch too.

Dude, you could do the installation yourself it's not hard trust me, all you do is wet your tips of your fingers, peel, apply solution on screen NOT PHONE, apply and move around(nice thing about liquid solutions), if you mess up and it starts drying just lift, and spray solution(2-3 times, employee must've sprayed the whole bottle lol!) and do it again! :D

IMO, never using wet type solution spray ever again probably b/c of rainbow effect(little specs of rainbow) only on white appear, which really pisses me off. If you want a long lasting screen protector w/ lifetime warrant get Ghost Armor. BUT if you want ultimate screen clarity, then get a NON-MATTE NON ANTI FINGERPRINT NON WET aka Pure Glossy screen protector! ;)

Ghost armor does void your warranty though, just so that everyone is aware.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

kotaro_14

Jul 8, 2011
Rancho Cucamonga
It's how Best Buy is installing it. On the box it says not to spray the device, but seemingly almost every Best Buy store drenches the phone with the solution. Here is one guy's warning and testimonial...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0sF1DKcNd8

Best Buyi s just fail. Do it yourself. If you mess up well that's why you have the lifetime warranty.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II using the xda premium app.

L2_n19h7m4r3

Aug 25, 2009
Last edited:

jbatacan

Mar 21, 2010
To each their own on brands..but any of the no name ebay brands, if installed correctly, will do the trick as good as any of the big brands. On my first smartphone, i went with zagg, partly afraid to install myself. It looked okay, but it was expensive. On my incredible i decided to do it myself, got some 1 dollar screen protector packs from amazon to try out just for practice, and with a small spray bottle of water, and a couple tries of peeling it off to adjust it, it was clear as glass. i did the same for my DX and DX2, and never really had a problem, so IMHO, spending anything over a couple bucks for a screen protector is overkill. They give you 3 in a pack for a reason.

joliett

Feb 1, 2012
MY droid x2 with "so called" gorilla glass SCRATCHED while in my pocket. I think my glasses' sharp hinge scratched it. I was able to SAND most of the scratch off. So whoever said GORILLA GLASS can’t be scratched is misleading everyone.

It definitely CAN be scratched!

But I still won’t use screen protectors or cases. The phone is beautiful without all the armor plate.

vbetts

Jun 21, 2010
Toledo Ohio
I've had zags on all my phones, never had an issue. Easy to use, easy to install, and easy to redo. One thing I can tell you is, if you get a zag or any solution based screen protector, leave off any cases for a day after the screen protector is installed. Moisture builds up and peels the edges up. Also, go to Radioshack to get them installed for free.

Sent from my MB870 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I bought a used Droid X2 off Craigslist for a pretty good price, the phone was still new looking. The previous owner had a Zagg shield installed but it looked like crap, whoever installed it did not do a good job.

I took the phone to a local electronics retailer, I won't mention the name, but it rhymes with "pest pie". So I paid $30 to have a new Zagg installed in store, just because I wanted it done perfectly. Well the employee somehow wound up getting the liquid solution in the buttons at the bottom of my phone. So much solution that it began to pool underneath the screen!

Needless to say my phone was ruined, and after consulting with the manager, I was given a brand new Droid X2 and a refund for the Zagg. This was cool, except they wouldn't give me a receipt for the new phone, or the box, or the manuals, or anything but the phone itself. I have all of that stuff already, but now my new phone's MEID number doesn't match what's on the box. Might seem fishy to someone if I try to sell the phone. Oh well. I got a brand new phone for the price of a used one, guess I lucked out.

But I'm never buying any type of screen protector that uses liquid solution ever again!

Sent from my DROID X2 using XDA App
    My 2¢ FWIW, the X2 uses gorilla glass so screen protectors aren't even needed. Now if it didn't use gorilla glass, I probably would put a screen protector on it. But it does so they're pointless in my eyes.

Sent from my DROID X2